The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Amaziny my friend! I love the neutral background colours! Just an observation, but are you using an internal border between the two administrations or an international border?
Thank you! And of course, legally speaking it should be an internal border rather than an international one. But given that I’ve done the style of subdivision where they are darker colors of the main country color rather than grey, I couldn’t decide what color to make the internal border, so I just opted for an international one.

Thank you! And of course, legally speaking it should be an internal border rather than an international one. But given that I’ve done the style of subdivision where they are darker colors of the main country color rather than grey, I couldn’t decide what color to make the internal border, so I just opted for an international one.
Easy, use one color for imperial rome having one division color and outline the whole of the empire (or not). Then have two shades based off of that one imperial color and use those shades accordingly for the internal borders. Its what i do for depicting the various entities within the Frankish and then Holy Roman Empires.

Depending on the color used, and in conjunction wotht he background colors, might seem washed out

On the other hand, you could acquiesce to my Byzantiphilia and recognize that the senior emperor resided in Constantinople thus the WRE should just be a subdivision of the ERE's colour.

But then your map is beautiful and this really is a small quibble! No need to really smear something so wonderful

Last edited:
that's because the font is meant to work at multiples of 6, but using a size 12 makes it wonky, while size 6 has the perfect pixel feel
In which case, I would very, very much appreciate if people could use a different font.

Put it this way - I have a wide screen with high resolution, and still strain my eyes to try and read it. Either that, or I have to zoom really far in.

In which case, I would very, very much appreciate if people could use a different font.
04b03 presents the most legible characters with the least amount of pixels. In the context of worlda, which already has a low resolution, it works far better than downsizing typical essay fonts, which aren't even typically compatible with pixel-style formatting because they weren't made for it.

Put it this way - I have a wide screen with high resolution, and still strain my eyes to try and read it. Either that, or I have to zoom really far in.
So people should stop using the font because your monitor far exceeds the designated ppi intended for pixel art/maps? This complaint is entirely self-inflicted. Youre making an argument because you have to...zoom in?

04b03 presents the most legible characters with the least amount of pixels. In the context of worlda, which already has a low resolution, it works far better than downsizing typical essay fonts, which aren't even typically compatible with pixel-style formatting because they weren't made for it.
BM mini also works for this too

So people should stop using the font because your monitor far exceeds the designated ppi intended for pixel art/maps? This complaint is entirely self-inflicted. Youre making an argument because you have to...zoom in?
I have to zoom in a lot. The font people like B_Munro use works perfectly well.

I forgot to mention this but can you also do a patch of Nguyen dynasty greatest extent? Including the administrative regions and inner divisions?
dfc7fms-6ea5186e-a13b-436b-b39f-7af3517e16aa.png
Here you go :)

BM mini also works for this too
BM mini also works in multiples of 6. It's not really a relevant alternative.

I have to zoom in a lot.
Oh the humanity!

The font people like B_Munro use works perfectly well.
2 layers of JPEG compression on a size 10 TNR that looks deep-fried completely fails in every regard as a pixel-based font. The inclusion of antialiasing also cements the haphazard nature of its use.

1661706048549.png

Legal borders of Territoire du Niger within Haut Senegal & Niger in 1908, source:

Frontières de sable, frontières de papier, Histoire de territoires et de frontières, du jihad de Sokoto à la colonisation française du Niger, xixe-xxe sièclesCamille Lefebvre