List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage

VVD0D95

Banned
Edward VIII of UK (b.1894) m Rosemary Sutherland-Leveson-Gower (b.1893) in 1919

issue:

George, Prince or Wales (b.1920)

Prince Edward, Duke of Edinburgh (b.1922)

Mary, Princess Royal (b.1925)

miscarriage (1927)

Princess Victoria (b.1930)

Prince Albert, Duke of Clarence and St Andrew’s (b.1932)

The likelihood of Mary marrying her uncle under English law is suspect giveb it’s never happened before and when there were rumours Richard iii was to marry his niece, his reputation tanked
Avunculate marriages happened a lot in this era. Not in England, true. But there is no other way to resolve the two rival claims here

Charles de Bourbon, Duke of Vendome (to 1537), b. 1489, d. 1537, m. Francoise d'Alencon
3) Marguerite de Bourbon, b. 1516, d. 1579, m. Francis, Duke of Nevers, has issue
4) Antoine de Bourbon, Duke of Vendome (1537 to 1549), b. 1518, d. 1549, m. Jeanne of Navarre, no issue
8) Charles X of France, prev. Archbishop of Rouen, b. 1523, r. 1589 to 1590, never married
12) Louis de Bourbon, Prince of Conde, Duke of Vendome, Count of Soissons and Enghien, b. 1530, d. 1569, m1. Eleanor de Roye, m2. Francois d'Orleans​
1a) Henri, Prince of Conde, b. 1552, d. 1588, m1. Marie of Cleeves, m2. Charlotte Catherine de La Tremoille​
a1) Catherine, b. 1574, d. 1595​
b1)​

As a thought @The_Most_Happy -

Marie of Cleeves dies in 1574, and IOTL, Conde doesn't marry his second wife until 1586. So there's a two year gap from 1584 - the Duke of Anjou's death to this OTL marriage - where it is clear that Charles will inherit the French throne and that Conde will be his Heir Apparent. Presumably both Henri III and Charles X will be trying to coerce Conde into an acceptable Catholic match - with Catherine Michelle of Spain (OTL unmarried to 1585) and Christina of Lorraine (OTL unmarried to 1589) being the defacto choices. Of course there would be Margaret of France, Henri III's sister who married Henri IV IOTL, but presumably she would already be married by this point (perhaps to Archduke Rudolf as was proposed IOTL)

Christina would also be an acceptable Regent when her husband dies and her two year old son succeeds his great uncle in 1590, alongside the Archbishop of Rouen and the Count of Soissons.

Last edited:
POD Edward IV lived a decade longer, his children were all married off.

Edward IV (1442-1493) m. Elizabeth Woodville (1437-1492)

1. Elizabeth of York m. Charles VIII of France
2. Mary of York m. John of Denmark
3. Cecily of York m. James IV of Scotland
4. Edward V m. Anne of Brittany
5. Margaret of York - died in infancy
6. Richard of York m. Anne de Mowbray
7. Anne of York m. Philip of Burgundy
8. George of York - died in infancy
9. Catherine of York m. John Prince of Asturias
10. Bridget of York - nun

Last edited:
PODs:

-Jasper Tudor has a son with his Woodville wife (Edmund, b. 1487)
-Henry VIII is less obsessed about having a son and is satisfied enough with his grandsons by Mary being male line Tudors.

Edmund Tudor (1487-1518) Duke of Bedford, m. Anne Hastings (1485-1550)

1) Jasper (1508-1512)

2) Edmund (1510-1555) Duke of Bedford, King of England (with Mary) m. Mary I (1516-1558) Queen of England

1) Henry IX (1534-1566) King of England 1558, m. Joanna of Spain (1535-1573)​
2) Catherine (1536-1589) m. Philip II (1527-1598) King of Spain​
3) Elizabeth (1539-1599) m. James VI (1542-1596) King of Scotland [1]​
4) Edmund (1541-1550) Duke of York​
5) Mary (1543-1554)​
6) Edward VI (1548-1601) King of England 1566, m. Margaret of France (1553-1615)​
[1] Mary Stuart born male.

POD Edward IV lived a decade longer, his children were all married off.

Edward IV (1442-1493) m. Elizabeth Woodville (1437-1492)

1. Elizabeth of York m. Louis XII of France
2. Mary of York m. John of Denmark
3. Cecily of York m. James IV of Scotland
4. Edward V m. Anne of Brittany
5. Margaret of York - died in infancy
6. Richard of York m. Anne de Mowbray
7. Anne of York m. Philip of Burgundy
8. George of York - died in infancy
9. Catherine of York m. John Prince of Asturias
10. Bridget of York - nun
Elizabeth will marry either Charles VIII of France or Emperor Maximilian (unless both Louis XI and Charles VIII were dead at Louis‘ OTL death date)

The Austrian Habsburgs win the War of Spanish Succession. Maria Josepha of Austria remains the Habsburg heir and marries Frederick Augustus of Saxony, who eventually becomes Emperor Frederick IV as a result. Their son, Fredrick Christian, consequently inherits Austria, Saxony, Bohemia, Spain, Hungary and Poland-Lithuania.

Holy Roman Emperors
1745 - 1763: Frederick IV, m. Maria Josepha of Austria
1763 - 1763: Frederick V, m. Maria Antonia of Bavaria

(Following the War of Bavarian Succession, Emperor Frederick VI, whose mother was the eldest sister of the previous Elector of Bavaria, adds the electorate to the Wettin domains, becoming the sole Imperial Vicar of the Holy Roman Empire.)

1763 - 1806: Frederick VI, m. Amalie of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld

Idk what happens following the HRE's dissolution (if it is dissolved). Napoleon and Frederick Augustus III (who is Frederick VI here) will be on less friendly terms due to the lack of a need for Frederick to restore Poland as a French client state. Does the Wettin monarchy find itself eaten on two fronts by France and Russia?

On the other hand, if the Wettins lost Poland to a partition (or partitions) by Russia and Prussia, an alliance between Napoleon and Frederick to help Frederick regain Poland that develops into long-term one might be possible. Does Napoleon stay in power then?
The HRE is not dissolved. Napoleon becomes Holy Roman Emperor. He weds Frederick VI's daughter (who was unwed IOTL).

1806 - ????: Napoleon I, m. Maria Augusta of Saxony

Elector of Saxony (also Archduke of Austria, Elector of Bavaria, King of Bohemia, King of Spain, King of Hungary, King of Croatia, King of Poland & Grand Duke of Lithuania)
1763 - 1827: Frederick Augustus III (formerly Emperor Frederick VI)
1827 - 1836: Anthony I
1836 - 1854: Frederick Augustus IV
1854 - 1873: John II
1873 - 1902: Albert V
1902 - 1904: George I
1904 - 1932: Frederick Augustus V
1932 - 1968: Frederick Christian II
1968 - 2012: Maria Emanuel I

Last edited:
Maria Josepha of Austria remains the Habsburg heir and marries Frederick Augustus of Saxony, who eventually becomes Emperor Frederick IV as a result. Their son, Fredrick Christian, consequently inherits Austria, Saxony, Bohemia, Hungary and Poland. Joseph of House Lorraine, son of Maria Theresa, inheritted Bavaria with Wettin support.
Holy Roman Emperors
1806 - 1815: Napoleon I, m. Maria Augusta of Saxony
1806 - ????: Napoleon II

Idk what happens following the HRE's dissolution (if it is dissolved). Napoleon and Frederick Augustus III (who is Frederick VI here) will be on less friendly terms due to the lack of a need for Frederick to restore Poland as a French client state. Does the Wettin monarchy find itself eaten on two fronts by France and Russia?

On the other hand, if the Wettins lost Poland to a partition (or partitions) by Russia and Prussia, an alliance between Napoleon and Frederick to help Frederick regain Poland that develops into long-term one might be possible. Does Napoleon stay in power then?
If Maria Josepha remain the Habsburg heiress she and her younger sister will switch matches and Maria Theresia will NOT marry Francis Stephen

That's no longer relevant. Look again.

They're cousins.
I was not talking about Maria Theresa, but Maria Amalia, Josepha’s younger sister who married the Elector of Bavaria, later Emperor Charles VII… if Josepha remain the heiress she will marry the Elector of Bavaria, who had Habsburg blood and Amalia the elector of Saxony, while Maria Theresa will most likely marry Charles of Bourbon

Last edited:
I was not talking about Maria Theresa, but Maria Amalia, Josepha’s younger sister who married the Elector of Bavaria, later Emperor Charles VII… if Josepha remain the heiress she will marry the Elector of Bavaria, who had Habsburg blood and Josepha the elector of Saxony, while Maria Theresa will most likely marry Charles of Bourbon
Damn it. Although, I wasn't keen on coming up with fictional rulers so it wouldn't have made a difference.
Maria Josepha of Austria remains the Habsburg heir and marries Frederick Augustus of Saxony, who eventually becomes Emperor Frederick IV as a result. Their son, Fredrick Christian, consequently inherits Austria, Saxony, Bohemia, Hungary and Poland.

Holy Roman Emperors

(Following the War of Bavarian Succession, Emperor Frederick VI, whose mother was the eldest sister of the previous Elector of Bavaria, adds the electorate to the Wettin domains, becoming the sole Imperial Vicar of the Holy Roman Empire.)

The HRE is not dissolved. Napoleon becomes Holy Roman Emperor. He weds Frederick VI's daughter (who was unwed IOTL).

1806 - 1814: Napoleon I, m. Maria Augusta of Saxony
1814 - ????: Napoleon II

Elector of Saxony (also Archduke of Austria, Elector of Bavaria, King of Bohemia King of Poland, King of Hungary & King of Croatia)
1763 - 1827: Frederick Augustus III (formerly Emperor Frederick VI)
1827 - 1836: Anthony I
1836 - 1854: Frederick Augustus IV
1854 - 1873: John II
1873 - 1902: Albert V
1902 - 1904: George I
1904 - 1932: Frederick Augustus V
1932 - 1968: Frederick Christian II
1968 - 2012: Maria Emanuel I
Shit. I missed the opportunity to include the Spainish Empire in the Wettin domains due to the Austrian Habsburgs winning the War of Spanish Succession. Frederick VI's mega-empire would surpass Charles V's.
I'm changing that now.

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
Damn it. Although, I wasn't keen on coming up with fictional rulers so it wouldn't have made a difference.

Shit. I missed the opportunity to include the Spainish Empire in the Wettin domains due to the Austrian Habsburgs winning the War of Spanish Succession. Frederick VI's mega-empire would surpass Charles V's.
I'm changing that now.
That empire wouldn’t be allowed to stand.

WI Anne Neville died giving birth to Richard III's daughter

Richard III m. Anne Neville

1. Anne b. 1485 m. Arthur Tudor b. 1486 d. 1502
- Anne I of England b. 1502 m. Charles IV of Savoy b. 1502 [1]
- Cecily b. 1502 m. Charles V b. 1500

[1] The son of Charles III of Savoy and Katherine of Aragon ITTL
EDIT: I did NOT realize the original version would've been a gay power couple ruling over England and Savoy. That will teach me to type while sleepy.

Last edited:
WI Anne Neville died giving birth to Richard III's daughter

Richard III m. Anne Neville

1. Anne b. 1485 m. Arthur Tudor b. 1486 d. 1502
- Arthur II of England b. 1502 m. Charles IV of Savoy b. 1502 [1]
- Cecily b. 1502 m. Charles V b. 1500

[1] The son of Charles III of Savoy and Katherine of Aragon ITTL
Look, I support same sex marriage but this is a bit much!