holy shit, yknow, i dont actually hate this? did you use an svg for this cause i want to tweak the colors a bit to the official romanian standard.

i also just realized that even in an alternate timeline romania is still in dispute over their flag looking like another country's lmao
okay so tweaking it it turns out colombia and romania have the same yellow and red colors on their flag lmao, @CarloGodoni do you think you could cut in half like the austria-hungary one?

@CarloGodoni do you think you could cut in half like the austria-hungary one?
Do you mean like this?
3.png
2.png

hey, again, friends, I'd like to request a flag for a union of Bulgaria and Romania from around 1878-1880. context is that San Stefano worked out, and Prince Carol of Romania also becomes the prince of Bulgaria. I know this isn't super plausible, but I haven't found a suitable flag online that speaks to me if that makes sense.
Hmm looking at the flag history what about a red blue green tricolour gold bands over the divisions (sort of a 7 stripe: red yellow blue yellow green but the yellows thinner)?

Hmm looking at the flag history what about a red blue green tricolour gold bands over the divisions (sort of a 7 stripe: red yellow blue yellow green but the yellows thinner)?
sure i'd like to see how you take a crack at it!
I'm not quite sure how 7 was supposed to come into it (although "8-stripe" seems like a good description of a natural set of proportions), but here's what you get if the flag is 1/7 yellow and the other three bands are equal:
tricolorplusone.png

If possible it would be nice to get a robinson projection basemap done of Earth 2 from the aforementioned series but with oligocene/early miocene-earth ice cover (i.e. polar continents not completely covered in ice.)

Attachments

• earth2.gif
    earth2.gif
    57.3 KB · Views: 117
Hey all, first post here, and it’s a request. I’ve tried to make flags before but with no luck, unfortunately I’m just not at all artistic. But anyways, here’s my request for a flag.

Essentially, in my timeline, Britain as a concept doesn’t exist because Denmark declared war on Harold, Harald and William in 1066, and won. Fortunately there are flags for a Danish England that I can use already on the internet!

But, because Britain doesn’t exist, who will colonize the East coast of America? Could be France or Spain, or Denmark. But I personally believe it would be the Dutch who colonize America in this timeline. But if you look up flags of New Netherlands, (or even Dutch America), you get either the modern day Dutch flag, or the Serapis flag (which is basically what came about because of a miscommunication between an admiral of the US Navy and someone in charge of the flag design process).

Now, I’ve found a modern-version of the Serapis flag that I don’t really mind using, but I wanted to ask you all here for a flag before I do so. With that said, I have a basic idea of a flag. But I don’t know how it’ll come out.

Of course, the blue canton with 48 white stars at least (I don’t know if this America will have Alaska or Hawaii), and I think orange and white, or orange white, and blue repeating stripes of 13. (Basically the same way the American flag is today (or more like the Serapis flag if you include the blue stripes)).

Thank you in advance for doing this for me! I greatly appreciate it, and I will also thank you again when you post a flag for me.
I don't think anyone has picked this up. It is easy enough. But may I suggest something to consider?
An alternate version of the colonies might not number 13. When the Dutch dominate the colonization process, you could have fewer or more colonies that began the breakaway process. Likewise, why be bound to 48/50 stars for future states that might never be?

My advice, since you seem to be interested in the historical underpinnings for the flag design, decide on the main points of the history right before initial flag design and then decide on the main points of history that will impact and change the flag moving forward.

Is there a Louisiana Purchase? Or does some other power take over the west? What about Canadian territory?

Hey all, first post here, and it’s a request. I’ve tried to make flags before but with no luck, unfortunately I’m just not at all artistic. But anyways, here’s my request for a flag.

Essentially, in my timeline, Britain as a concept doesn’t exist because Denmark declared war on Harold, Harald and William in 1066, and won. Fortunately there are flags for a Danish England that I can use already on the internet!

But, because Britain doesn’t exist, who will colonize the East coast of America? Could be France or Spain, or Denmark. But I personally believe it would be the Dutch who colonize America in this timeline. But if you look up flags of New Netherlands, (or even Dutch America), you get either the modern day Dutch flag, or the Serapis flag (which is basically what came about because of a miscommunication between an admiral of the US Navy and someone in charge of the flag design process).

Now, I’ve found a modern-version of the Serapis flag that I don’t really mind using, but I wanted to ask you all here for a flag before I do so. With that said, I have a basic idea of a flag. But I don’t know how it’ll come out.

Of course, the blue canton with 48 white stars at least (I don’t know if this America will have Alaska or Hawaii), and I think orange and white, or orange white, and blue repeating stripes of 13. (Basically the same way the American flag is today (or more like the Serapis flag if you include the blue stripes)).

Thank you in advance for doing this for me! I greatly appreciate it, and I will also thank you again when you post a flag for me.

the netherland antilles was quite distinctive with an horizontal blue stripe and a vertical red stripe with some white stars on the blue stripe. Maybe have dutch colonies in this ATL have a vertical orange strip and a vertical blue stripe on a white field defaced with some local emblem. In the case of north american colonies, a bald eagle with a shield containing stars.

USA-dutch.jpg

I’ve been working on flags and COAs for the Serbian Banovinas of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia in an ATL and have gotten stuck on Vrbas.

I’m looking for ideas and below is some context that can inform your decisions:

The idea was that they keep the Banovinas around because they’re demographically convenient (no territorial unit is majority Bosniak, Albanian, Hungarian, or Romanian) but let go of the whole “pretend regional history doesn’t exist” deal.

However the government does try to emphasize the Serbian aspects of the histories of TTLs non autonomous Banovinas and wants to build up a shared identity within each Banovina to keep people supportive of its useful gerrymandered subdivisions.

Reliance on the Illyrian Armorials is also heavy as they were popular in the region even in the interwar era.

For example, the arms of the Vojinovići from the Fojnjca Armorial is used for the Drina Banovina as Altoman Vojinović ruled a similar but smaller region on both sides of the Drina. The Morava Banovina uses the arms that Ohmučević attributes to the Hrebeljanovići (rules of Moravian Serbia). Zetska Banovina uses the arms of Zeta with the star in a circle and the Danube Banovina usss the Tribalian boar.

The arms are all relatively simple.

The problem with Vrbas is no state that covered the region has a COA I can find, let alone one connected to the Serbs as a people. Donji Kraj has no arms or particularly notable ruling dynasty that I know of, so I may need to make something up.

I was considering just a castle as the charge, symbolizing Srebrenik but IDK I feel like people here can suggest far better things.

If you read this wall of text, congratulations.

Thanks in advance

I’ve been working on flags and COAs for the Serbian Banovinas of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia in an ATL and have gotten stuck on Vrbas.

I’m looking for ideas and below is some context that can inform your decisions:

The idea was that they keep the Banovinas around because they’re demographically convenient (no territorial unit is majority Bosniak, Albanian, Hungarian, or Romanian) but let go of the whole “pretend regional history doesn’t exist” deal.

However the government does try to emphasize the Serbian aspects of the histories of TTLs non autonomous Banovinas and wants to build up a shared identity within each Banovina to keep people supportive of its useful gerrymandered subdivisions.

Reliance on the Illyrian Armorials is also heavy as they were popular in the region even in the interwar era.

For example, the arms of the Vojinovići from the Fojnjca Armorial is used for the Drina Banovina as Altoman Vojinović ruled a similar but smaller region on both sides of the Drina. The Morava Banovina uses the arms that Ohmučević attributes to the Hrebeljanovići (rules of Moravian Serbia). Zetska Banovina uses the arms of Zeta with the star in a circle and the Danube Banovina usss the Tribalian boar.

The arms are all relatively simple.

The problem with Vrbas is no state that covered the region has a COA I can find, let alone one connected to the Serbs as a people. Donji Kraj has no arms or particularly notable ruling dynasty that I know of, so I may need to make something up.

I was considering just a castle as the charge, symbolizing Srebrenik but IDK I feel like people here can suggest far better things.

If you read this wall of text, congratulations.

Thanks in advance
I had a look myself and I agree!
Perhaps a castle bearing the Serbian sigil? Or flying the Yugoslav Arms?

I had a look myself and I agree!
Perhaps a castle bearing the Serbian sigil? Or flying the Yugoslav Arms?
Good ideas though I tried to avoid those for individual banovinas. I ended up going with a badger (common animal in the region and a cheeky reference to a book by a famous local author), you can see the post on the flag thread. The Vrbas flag and COA are not the best of the bunch but I think it works well enough.

Good ideas though I tried to avoid those for individual banovinas. I ended up going with a badger (common animal in the region and a cheeky reference to a book by a famous local author), you can see the post on the flag thread. The Vrbas flag and COA are not the best of the bunch but I think it works well enough.
I'll comment when the image loads!

If I’m not wrong, back in 2019 or something @B_Munro posted what would be a beta version of his wanks of the nations of the world, except it was the countries with over 2 million population that started with A (this was before he began posting countries from reverse alphabetical order). It has unfinished wanks of countries like Albania, Armenia, and Argentina. Do you know where it is?

If anyone is interesting in this, this is my idea for a flag for @CaekDaemon The Bat and the Dragon. The Flag for Danelle Lothston, the Red Queen, Kingdom/Empire, the Realm of the Night.

I have two main ideas for it.

The first is a yellow, sliver, and crimson red with bat in the middle. (The first two the colors of House Lothston, and red...they're vampires.) The bat the main sigil of the Lothstons. (Again, Vampires.)

The second id something more more different. Crimson red, dark silver, or an dusk color, and a dark blue. Blue for Danelle is a Riverlander first and formost and the beating heart of her kingdom.

If anyone is interesting in this, this is my idea for a flag for @CaekDaemon The Bat and the Dragon. The Flag for Danelle Lothston, the Red Queen, Kingdom/Empire, the Realm of the Night.

I have two main ideas for it.

The first is a yellow, sliver, and crimson red with bat in the middle. (The first two the colors of House Lothston, and red...they're vampires.) The bat the main sigil of the Lothstons. (Again, Vampires.)

The second id something more more different. Crimson red, dark silver, or an dusk color, and a dark blue. Blue for Danelle is a Riverlander first and formost and the beating heart of her kingdom.

Pretty sure Caek wrote that she kept the Lothson colours/arms as they were.

I mean, not like Westeros/7 Kingdoms as a flag outside of the Targaryen dynastic flag/arms.

Anyone have a high quality map of North America with states and provinces, with a slight zoom on the United States? I need it for an alternate history map I might make. Thanks.

If I’m not wrong, back in 2019 or something @B_Munro posted what would be a beta version of his wanks of the nations of the world, except it was the countries with over 2 million population that started with A (this was before he began posting countries from reverse alphabetical order). It has unfinished wanks of countries like Albania, Armenia, and Argentina. Do you know where it is?
If you find it, let me know! I thought I lost it due to computer problems, which is why I restarted from Z. (Redoing the stuff I'd just seen consigned to oblivion was too discouraging).