Return of the terrible flag thread.

What makes the WORST flag?

• Total voters
Since I've been having a bad day, I've decided to take it out on you guys.
Presenting first, the City of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. This would be a nice, if very cheesy sticker that a city's Chamber of Commerce would hand out - but it's their actual flag.
us-okbar.gif

But they have a newer flag, which is alright, if a bit like a logo for a medical insurance company
Flag_of_Bartlesville%2C_Oklahoma.jpg

I also have the old Flag of the City of Lubbock, Texas. Very Poor, violates all the principles of good flag design.
us-txlub-l.gif

Finally, we have the flag of Brown County Nebraska, which is essentially a hate crime
1659460184180.png

Last edited:
Filipino here. Our province flags save for Bohol, Bukidnon, Cagayan de Oro, Camarines Norte, Southern Leyte, and ARMM follow the same seal-on-a-bedsheet style along with American state flags.
Complete list on Wikipedia.
Thankfully you never see these fly outside government offices. Only those provinces and municipalities with distinct flags fly alongside the Philippine flag.

PH-ILI_Flag.png

The seal is not even in the center. And why the does the text take half of the field? Lazy design.

1280px-Flag_of_Buenavista%2C_Bohol.png

Flag of Buenavista, Bohol. What is this? Imperial Japan mixed with the stars of the United States? The 35 stars apparently represents the 35 barangays (neighborhood sub-units) of the municipality which have their own flags. Oddly enough, I do want a copy of this flag.

I did mention Buenavista's 35 barangays have their own flags and you'll see the worst flag in the world.

And now for the worst flag in the world:
TADA!

OH GOD MY EYES NO!

Yes this is a real flag. The one who designed just put images of mountains and forests. Arguably the worst in the world. It's good that this only stays in the barangay hall. It makes Buenavista's flag look like the best in the province. The redditors are even commenting that it's a "shitpost" and "what the actual fuck!" One of them even comments it makes Liberia's subdivision flags look tamer in comparison!

Let it remain obscure for life.

Last edited:
Filipino here. Our province flags save for Bohol, Bukidnon, Cagayan de Oro, Camarines Norte, Southern Leyte, and ARMM follow the same seal-on-a-bedsheet style along with American state flags.
Complete list on Wikipedia.
Thankfully you never see these fly outside government offices. Only those provinces and municipalities with distinct flags fly alongside the Philippine flag.

PH-ILI_Flag.png

The seal is not even in the center. And why the does the text take half of the field? Lazy design.

Flag of Buenavista, Bohol. What is this? Imperial Japan mixed with the stars of the United States? The 35 stars apparently represents the 35 barangays (neighborhood sub-units) of the municipality which have their own flags. Oddly enough, I do want a copy of this flag.

I did mention Buenavista's 35 barangays have their own flags and you'll see the worst flag in the world.

TADA!

OH GOD MY EYES NO!

Yes this is a real flag. The one who designed just put images of mountains and forests. Arguably the worst in the world. It's good that this only stays in the barangay hall. It makes Buenavista's flag look like the best in the province.

Let it remain obscure for life.
This thread shall go on forever, as apparently the human capacity to create a new, more hideous World's Worst Flag - even worse than the last, most hideous World's Worst Flag - will never be exhausted :D

Since I've been having a bad day, I've decided to take it out on you guys.
Presenting first, the City of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. This would be a nice, if very cheesy sticker that a city's Chamber of Commerce would hand out - but it's their actual flag.
us-okbar.gif

But they have a newer flag, which is alright, if a bit like a logo for a medical insurance company
Flag_of_Bartlesville%2C_Oklahoma.jpg

I also have the old Flag of the City of Lubbock, Texas. Very Poor, violates all the principles of good flag design.
us-txlub-l.gif

Finally, we have the flag of Brown County Nebraska, which is essentially a hate crime
View attachment 763476
Brown County (just sounds depressing already, and probably appropriate given how hot it's been this year :p) has been picked on already, deservedly....
Bartlesville, I sort of like the old one better, it's... happy :) The newer one would make a better bumper sticker, or even better, window sticker if it incorporated a bar code that could double as an E-Z-Pass for toll roads :D
Lubbock.... well, it looks like a jukebox. It would make a better top part of a jukebox than it makes a flag....

View attachment 712371
Old flag of Louisiana, why are the baby's eating their Mother ALIVE?!
also..
ANOTHER
DAMN
BLUE
𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘿!
Heraldry. In the medieval period, the Pelican was used as a symbol for Christ, as it was believed that pelicans fed their young on their blood, which was compared to Jesus sacrificing himself to save us all from sin. It was a myth perpetuated through the Bestiaries, books which used beast fables as a vehicle to communicate Christian morality via allegory. The idea that the lion is the king of beasts also comes from the Bestiaries.

Last edited:
This thread shall go on forever, as apparently the human capacity to create a new, more hideous World's Worst Flag - even worse than the last, most hideous World's Worst Flag - will never be exhausted :D
Every time we see a horrible flag, this is my reaction:

MAY THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES!
- Maximilian Roivas, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (2002)

View attachment 712371
Old flag of Louisiana, why are the baby's eating their Mother ALIVE?!
also..
ANOTHER
DAMN
BLUE
𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘿!
Heraldry. In the medieval period, the Pelican was used as a symbol for Christ, as it was believed that pelicans fed their young on their blood, which was compared to Jesus sacrificing himself to save us all from sin. It was a myth perpetuated through the Bestiaries, books which used beast fables as a vehicle to communicate Christian morality via allegory. The idea that the lion is the king of beasts also comes from the Bestiaries.
There can be only one.
Without the ribbon with the words, Louisiana's flag does look nice. I do like flags with birds to be honest. Example of a great flag with detailed bird is Midway Island (unofficial), Uganda, Ecuador, and Mexico.
1280px-Flag_of_the_Midway_Islands_%28local%29.svg.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
Without the ribbon with the words, Louisiana's flag does look nice. I do like flags with birds to be honest. Example of a great flag with detailed bird is Midway Island (unofficial), Uganda, Ecuador, and Mexico.
1280px-Flag_of_the_Midway_Islands_%28local%29.svg.png

Flags with animals are pretty great in general, I think, just ask the Welsh! I think when it comes to bird flags, Midway is probably my favorite, with Uganda and Kiribati close behind. Tierra del Fuego’s stylized bird shape is also pretty appealing.

Flags with animals are pretty great in general, I think, just ask the Welsh! I think when it comes to bird flags, Midway is probably my favorite, with Uganda and Kiribati close behind. Tierra del Fuego’s stylized bird shape is also pretty appealing.
IMO, whichever agency or sitting body in the government in charge with flags in the U.S. government should approve Midway Island's flag. It's even sold on flag stores online.

Here's another Bear Flag that's awesome:
815tqfif2g491.jpg

@CalBear's Russian cousin perhaps?

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been already posted/talked here but here's the Paraíba state flag, definitely not the worst... But the most boring design of a Brazilian state flag in my opinion.
300px-Bandeira_da_Para%C3%ADba.svg.png

The "nego" comes from "negar", lit. "denying" in Portuguese

r7kjq3dhgef61.jpg

Pilar in the Camotes Islands group, part of the Province of Cebu, Philippines.
I am sorry, what is this the flag of?
Its a bit unclear...

PH-ILI_Flag.png

Egad, none of these are particularly good, the combination of the simple (would calling it Child-like be too mean?) art with the perfect straight-lines is a bit of a painful contrast, those two aren't that bad. They're still overcomplicated, but at least they're distinguishable for a distance.
This is definitely a strong contender - though I think that the old Provo flag or the Brown County flag are pretty tough competition for worst in the world.
The worst part is how, in the bottom row, one of the pictures is out of line...