28 Days Later - Death of a Nation

An addendum for my earlier reply: A suggestion: Rage becomes airborne, due to further mutation of the sneezing incident in the coast of France. This happens either during Andy Harris' extraction to US or when he's being experimented on.

Last edited:
I would suggest a POD of a POD, this time when Andy Harris was being taken to Fort Detrick. What if he infects those handling him during either transport or when he's finally there in Fort Detrick, will an outbreak in US be possible?
Considering the idiot ball is now in US hands.
Knowing what happened in Britain especially with the Second London Outbreak, the U.S. Army will have a Zero Tolerance policy on rage. Fort Detrick would get MOABs followed by flamethrower soldiers burning everything to make sure nothing comes out.
An addendum for my earlier reply: A suggestion: Rage becomes airborne, due to further mutation of the sneezing incident in the coast of France. This happens either during Andy Harris' extraction to US or when he's being experimented on.
Then the virus would reach other countries. It becomes deadlier.

Knowing what happened in Britain especially with the Second London Outbreak, the U.S. Army will have a Zero Tolerance policy on rage. Fort Detrick would get MOABs followed by flamethrower soldiers burning everything to make sure nothing comes out.
So US outbreak is butterflied away, but Rage outbreaks in the Old World and Oceania is still a possibility, maybe the Russians have the idiot ball this time or North Africa?

Rage becomes airborne
o_O

Well... @kspence92 has already made a timeline based on a film about an airborne virus, the difference however was that the infection took 72 hours to kill you like a normal apocalyptic disease would or convert you into a superhuman vampire/zombie-like thing that hates UV light.

Now imaging a Rage Virus that is airborne is scary as the thing normally needs 20 seconds to fully infect a human being after blood contact.

The airborne variant if its a slow acting version of the Virus (although unlikely) may just be enough to doom most of humanity and truly become a apocalyptic disease.

The airborne Virus (assuming it's acts like the blood infection version) will render any building infested with Rage unsafe without PPE protection, basically making urban environments extremely dangerous, it would also greatly increase the numbers of infected as less victims of the Rage Virus would be accidentally beaten to death by the infected, this will likely accelerate the collapse of the NATO and Eastern European Armies stationed across Europe as the greatly increased numbers of infected chasing after the Refugees caravans will be far too overwhelming.

A significant chunk of survivor's who could escape and hide from the normal Rage Virus will likely not survive from this version of Rage.

Would it be enough for the Rage Virus to defeat Iberia, Scandinavia, Turkey and Russia?

It depends.

Last edited:
Well... @kspence92 has already made a timeline based on a film about an airborne virus, the difference however was that the infection took 72 hours to kill you like a normal apocalyptic disease would or convert you into a superhuman vampire/zombie-like thing that hates UV light.
A link, good sir?

Now imaging a Rage Virus that is airborne is scary as the thing normally needs 20 seconds to fully infect a human being after blood contact.

The airborne variant if its a slow acting version of the Virus may just be enough to doom most of humanity and truly become a apocalyptic disease.

This made me think, given how COVID is doing lately, are there COVID Zombie timelines here? Fairly new to the site. (I've been lurking years ago, but only recently had the will to make an account.)

I don't remember this being brought up, so I'll mention it. Did J.K. Rowling survive the outbreak and finish the Harry Potter series in exile?
She well could have, knowing she is part of the elite and would be the first ones out along with David Beckham and Rowan Atkinson. The Harry Potter films would have a lot of butterflies in it. That totally depends if Daniel Radcliffe survived or not.

I was watching the news of the Queen's jubilation of OTL. It got me thinking, the Queen for TTL was supposed to celebrate 50 years of being in the throne but she died before that could happen due to the stress incurred as a result of the outbreak. Even if she survived, the 50 year anniversary would not a be a big event because it would be seen as insensitive to the plight of British refugees.

I suddenly realized that we forgot about Malta, that is Europe and underneath Italy, Malta would probably have alot of Italian population in the small island

They'd survive the outbreak, but the refugee population would stretch the island's resources to the limit.
That scenario probably happened as the rage virus had extreme difficulty at crossing oceans and geography features, Sicily for an example was able to survive the outbreak and presumably the majority of the Italian refuges fleeing the peninsula would've traveled to the larger and much closer island first up until the Italian and NATO navies eventually put an end to it to prevent the risk of the virus spreading across the Mediterranean Sea or something like that.

Maybe an major outbreak did happen on or near Sicily and Malta but both of them were quickly contained by local military forces and NATO Soldiers or the outbreak happened a ship that happened to be near the islands.

Anyway I would expect the UN to begin a major campaign to provide aid to the Mediterranean islands with the help of Spain, Gaddafi's Libya, most of Turkey and Egypt. The UN meanwhile is busy relieving the pressure of neighboring states with resettling the millions of European refugees that are now stranded across the planet.

I was born in October of 2002, 5 months after the Rage Epidemic that wiped Great Britain out, but my life would pretty much remain the same, I would still move to Florida from NYC, then to Georgia and all that stuff, and the only thing missing from my life would be Doctor Who, That show literally influenced my life since 2014, so if the 2002 Rage Epidemic happened, then I would be alittle different but the same person.

And I don't think that the Rage Epidemic would scare my Parents, maybe alittle when the virus hits Europe and all, but still not phased by all that.

I was born in October of 2002, 5 months after the Rage Epidemic that wiped Great Britain out, but my life would pretty much remain the same, I would still move to Florida from NYC, then to Georgia and all that stuff, and the only thing missing from my life would be Doctor Who, That show literally influenced my life since 2014, so if the 2002 Rage Epidemic happened, then I would be alittle different but the same person.

And I don't think that the Rage Epidemic would scare my Parents, maybe alittle when the virus hits Europe and all, but still not phased by all that.
Your parents might buy more guns. Moving to Florida and Georgia would be ideal since less strict on gun ownership. The only thing we will be missing is British pop-culture that came out after 2002. Mr. Bean and Johnny English would be seen as a nostalgia while Mr. Bean's Holiday is ultimately butterflied away. We wouldn't have One Direction, Adele, Ellie Goulding, and The Wanted so that at least has some cultural impact by the 2010s in the music scene.

Your parents might buy more guns. Moving to Florida and Georgia would be ideal since less strict on gun ownership. The only thing we will be missing is British pop-culture that came out after 2002. Mr. Bean and Johnny English would be seen as a nostalgia while Mr. Bean's Holiday is ultimately butterflied away. We wouldn't have One Direction, Adele, Ellie Goulding, and The Wanted so that at least has some cultural impact by the 2010s in the music scene.
I'm mentally seeing my parents holding guns, that is too comical, I highly doubt they'd be getting guns, they personally see guns as stupid and dangerous even if something like the Rage Virus happens in 2002, but OTL I did move to Florida, then to Georgia, then Kentucky, and to Florida again, mostly because my my Dad's work.