Unsettled "Savage" tribes, hunter-gatherers: #2F1D0D; 47, 29, 13

International border: Bone E3DAC9; 227, 218, 201
Internal border: #AAAAAA; 170, 170, 170
De facto unrecognized border: Full Red #FF0000; 255, 0, 0

Grafics by Qazse
Special thanks to B. Hope

qazse

Gone Fishin'
It's pretty late where I live, so the final version of the graphic scheme will come tomorrow.

qazse

Gone Fishin'
It's pretty late where I live, so the final version of the graphic scheme will come tomorrow.
Sike! Here it is, with the Vatican spelling error corrected for good measure!
htcF1Zg.png

I was thinking we could split it between friendly aliens and hostile aliens.
That sounds a bit too Eighties... not sure if the main CS should be modified to accomodate that. However, you gave me an idea: remember the "International organizations addendum"? We could use that to add some experimental colors, see if they fit and, if they do, add to the main thing. Think of it as a sort of second tier

qazse

Gone Fishin'
That sounds a bit too Eighties... not sure if the main CS should be modified to accomodate that. However, you gave me an idea: remember the "International organizations addendum"? We could use that to add some experimental colors, see if they fit and, if they do, add to the main thing. Think of it as a sort of second tier
Sounds good.

here's a problem with ICS I had not foreseen: no clear way to show dominions. For now I'm going to use the English (pre-Union) color as "British dominion" as well. If I meet other similar problems, I may consider to swich from a classic "three tiers" (country, protectorate territory) to a five tiers model more similar to NCS (Territory, Dominion, Base Country, feudal/corporate enclave, Protectorate).

The basemap is still Haradril's. I used the English color for the British Dominion of Canada. Austrian and Ottoman colors are close enough to be confused at first glance, but different enough to give a sense of unbalance, that's not unwelcome in a grimdark map. I'm sure there are some mistakes, especially in Africa. If anyone notices them, please let me know.

ICS 1885 New.png

Changed the main Imperial China color for the Manchu's, to represent the Qing Dinasty being in charge. Lybia was still a loose Ottoman Protectorate at the time, so I changed it. Minor tweaks in Africa too, but I'm sure it's still not 100% right. Also, some of the icecaps was missing. Mostly fixed now.
EDIT: I changed the Austrian color in Bosnia to the Habsburg Vassal/Croatia, in order to make it a little more visible at this scale and a tad less confusing. I think it works, also on an aesthetic point of view.
ICS 1885 New.png

Last edited:
More English Color for British Dominions, now with annexed territories. Inner China's color works like charm for "Radical, non Imperial China", with added warlords color for the areas it didn't control. Bosnia is now solid Habsburg Protectorate. Used the discontinued French vassal for Andorra and the minor French for Monaco
ICS1914.png