A New Coat of Arms Thread

Does anyone help me do a Soviet republic of China is similar to the early Soviet/kind of flag emblem, the sickle hammer is replaced the gear, a sickle or other agricultural symbol, torch relay

cleves-burgundy.png

Philip the Fair and Margaret of Austria both die without issue, and the Burgundian Netherlands are inherited by the great-great-grandson of John the Fearless: John III, Duke of Cleves and Count of Mark (also Duke of Jülich-Berg and Count of Ravensberg in right of his wife).

Charles of Egmond has a single legitimate daughter, who marries John III's son and heir, putting a definitive end to the Guelders succession dispute.

The House of Mark quickly loses interest in claiming the arms and title of the Duke of Burgundy, and they pawn off Charolais and Franche-Comté to their Neversian cousins in a marriage dowry. Said Neversian branch is later inherited by a third son of the French king, who kicks off the third House of Burgundy.

(The Jülich lion gains a crown and a forked tail to differentiate it from the Flanders lion.)

Last edited:
CoA of the Electorate of Saxony.png

Made an CoA of Old Saxony (Or in this timeline the Electorate of Saxony) wasn't destroyed as much as in OTL. I combined the CoA of the house of Ascania with the Saxon steed which was used by the House of Welfs in their Saxon lands. (More technical I used the CoA of the Saxon parliament, removed the crancelin and inserted the Saxon Steed from the flag of Twente)

Emblem of a French-Canadian republic:

292px-Emblem_of_Canada_%28AFAoS%29.svg.png

if it came out of the 1837-1840 uprising, I doubt it would include the fleur-de-lys. The Declaration of Independence of Lower Canada called for equality among the "french", "british" and "indians" so a purely french symbol might look odd.

Here's a badge I just did of a fictional Canadian Army formation in the universe of my stories, the First Canadian Air Cavalry Division (1 CDN ACAV DIV):

1st Canadian Air Cavalry Division (Crest).jpg

FIRST CANADIAN AIR CAVALRY DIVISION/PREMIÈRE DIVISION DE CAVALERIE AÉRIENNE DU CANADA
Dundurn, Saskatchewan

A ring Or surmounted in base by a billet fesswise Gules edged Or inscribed with the words FIRST over PREMIÈRE Argent, ensigned by the Royal Crown proper, environed by nine points surmounting a wreath of maple leaves, in base a scroll Or inscribed with PRIMUM AD BELLANDUM in letters Sable; within the ring, Azure over Buff Brown divided by a bendlet sinister Or, over crossed sheathed cavalry sabres Argent with handles Or in sheathes Brown with bucklings Argent, a Pegasus passant Argent, with mane, horn, wings, tail and hooves Or.

Set within the recently-approved badge frame of a Canadian Army division/formation crest (see here: Badge Frame for Divisions, Groups and Army Formations of the Canadian Armed Forces | The Governor General of Canada (gg.ca)), the 1 CACD badge encorporates the two primary colours of the RCCAC (sky blue over buff gold/brown) divided by a gold line as two colours can't come together without a medal (silver or gold) separating them. The Pegasus is the traditional corps symbol, as are the sheathed cavalry sabres. The red background in the unit sign indicates this is the first such division in the Canadian Army; such is always symbolized by red on tradtional formation patches. The motto PRIMUM AD BELLANDUM (First to Battle) indicates the RCCAC's purpose in scouting, identifying and attacking (if required) enemy formations to ensure ground forces are not overwhelmed; this follows the Corps of Air Cavalry's unofficial motto "We Fight So Others Go Home".

Note: This is something of a hatchet job as I don't have anything like a decent graphics program; I had to do this on Paint 3D on a laptop with lots of pasting and copying. Even more so, the sabres on the badge are copied from the US Cavalry Corps' insignia as I couldn't find the equivalent British cavalry sabres I could use in the image. I also would have had the pegasus on the badge rearing on its hind legs instead, but this will do none the less. If anyone can improve on this, they're more than welcome to.

Well, not really a coat of arms, but a badge I imagine the crew of Canadian starships would wear...
Starship Flight Crew Badge.jpg

This combines the centre badge of a Canadian Forces astronaut with the raised wings of aircraft non-operational flight crew.