There already is a thread about Elizabeth Tudor beign deformed, so how about a scenerio, where the problem is reversed - daughter of Henry VIII looks perfectly fine but can't see at all since birth? Is there a chance, that it will be considered a sign that her mother was a witch? Will Henry be here a laughing stock of Europe? How different youth of Elizabeth will be in this scenerio? Is there a chance that she will survive until adulthood? And How Henry will react to this news?

If Anne still isn't having a son, she's going to be gotten rid of faster, with probably more witchcraft charges being held up against her. Henry...how does he normally treat disabled people? Elizabeth being blind would probably be really bad for her with regards to the Thomas Seymour situation as he can easily say she was just mistaken and couldn't see anything.

If Anne still isn't having a son, she's going to be gotten rid of faster, with probably more witchcraft charges being held up against her. Henry...how does he normally treat disabled people? Elizabeth being blind would probably be really bad for her with regards to the Thomas Seymour situation as he can easily say she was just mistaken and couldn't see anything.

The Catholic faction/Pro-Catherine is totally going to use this as evidence that God was displeased with Henry and his 'adultury' and gave him a disabled daughter as proof of said displeasure.

The Catholic faction/Pro-Catherine is totally going to use this as evidence that God was displeased with Henry and his 'adultury' and gave him a disabled daughter as proof of said displeasure.
It's also...pretty strong evidence (according to them) ESPECIALLY if Anne has no other child, just like IOTL. He'd be forced to acknowledge Mary as heiress presumptive

Henry...how does he normally treat disabled people?
"Normally" he is not interacting with his own daughter.

It's possible that he will suffer mental breakdown in this situation - but assuming that he will recover - as long as there's a chance that Anne will give him son, she should be safe.
Elizabeth being blind would probably be really bad for her with regards to the Thomas Seymour situation as he can easily say she was just mistaken and couldn't see anything.
Her entire life will be no doubt completly different, and that would change her personality as well.
So Catherine of Aragon and Mary will no doubt be pleased, even if they will try not to show it in public.

"Normally" he is not interacting with his own daughter.

It's possible that he will suffer mental breakdown in this situation - but assuming that he will recover - as long as there's a chance that Anne will give him son, she should be safe.

Her entire life will be no doubt completly different, and that would change her personality as well.

So Catherine of Aragon and Mary will no doubt be pleased, even if they will try not to show it in public.
Katherine of Aragon will not know - who's going to tell her? She's locked in a castle, out of sight and out of mind, and Mary has been forbidden to contact her. Also, if the only POD is that Elizabeth is blind, Anne is not having any sons.

Katherine of Aragon will not know - who's going to tell her? She's locked in a castle, out of sight and out of mind, and Mary has been forbidden to contact her. Also, if the only POD is that Elizabeth is blind, Anne is not having any sons.
Butterflies can happen, you know and Anne was pregnant twice with boys after Elizabeth’s birth

Butterflies can happen, you know and Anne was pregnant twice with boys after Elizabeth’s birth
I realize that but OP's ONLY butterfly is that Elizabeth is blind so that means Anne is not having sons. I would think that her first child being "deformed" would be great discouragement to her husband

Katherine of Aragon will not know - who's going to tell her? She's locked in a castle, out of sight and out of mind, and Mary has been forbidden to contact her.
Read up on Maria de Salinas. The woman FORCED her way through the guards to see a dying Katherine claiming she had a permission slip from the king to allow her to attend. Maria's daughter was ward (later wife) of Charles Brandon. Another one "close" was Gertrude Blount, marchioness of Exeter, daughter of another of Katherine's ladies and Katherine's former chamberlain.
Also, if the only POD is that Elizabeth is blind, Anne is not having any sons.
Why? AFAIK, without modern technology, they'd be unable to detect it until she starts crawling/walking. Unless she's born "visibly" blind (as in either no eyes or eyes permanently closed) which would fall under the OP of being "deformed".

I realize that but OP's ONLY butterfly is that Elizabeth is blind so that means Anne is not having sons. I would think that her first child being "deformed" would be great discouragement to her husband
That is the POD. The OP has NOT specified anything else about Anne’s life and children

Read up on Maria de Salinas. The woman FORCED her way through the guards to see a dying Katherine claiming she had a permission slip from the king to allow her to attend. Maria's daughter was ward (later wife) of Charles Brandon. Another one "close" was Gertrude Blount, marchioness of Exeter, daughter of another of Katherine's ladies and Katherine's former chamberlain.

Why? AFAIK, without modern technology, they'd be unable to detect it until she starts crawling/walking. Unless she's born "visibly" blind (as in either no eyes or eyes permanently closed) which would fall under the OP of being "deformed".
I know about Maria de Salinas, but Maria de Salinas is unlikely to find out about Elizabeth's blindness, and why would she need to tell this to Katherine if she did find out? When she visited Katherine IOTL there was no mention of Anne (or if there is then it was not recorded).

Why, because Anne miscarries all her children after Elizabeth...

I know about Maria de Salinas, but Maria de Salinas is unlikely to find out about Elizabeth's blindness,
Because contrary to popular belief, a court does not and did not, exist in a vacuum. There was watercooler gossip the same as in any company today. And Maria's sources - her daughter in Charles Brandon's household, and Mary Tudor, Brandon's wife, despised Anne Boleyn almost as much as Katherine did - would have access to this sort of info

She goes to a convent at age 12 or so. If Edward and Mary die childless as OTL, then the crown passes to Katherine Grey.
I don't know, until another child is born, and thanks to Henry's "unique approach" Mary's legitimacy is questionable, Elizabeth still is heir presumptive. And if Elizabeth is as inteligent as she is OTL, she still could have been considered nice future ruler material. And if she still somehow will be considered attractive, I see no reason why some protestant rulers should be too picky.
So, as soon as the news about princess beign disabled will go public, Katherine will propably find out about it as well.
So at least first few weaks will be more or less the same as OTL.

I don't know, until another child is born, and thanks to Henry's "unique approach" Mary's legitimacy is questionable, Elizabeth still is heir presumptive. And if Elizabeth is as inteligent as she is OTL, she still could have been considered nice future ruler material. And if she still somehow will be considered attractive, I see no reason why some protestant rulers should be too picky.
She could be very intelligent, but the feats she showed IOTL (translating poetry for her stepmother, her studies of arithmetic) can't be done ITTL

I don't think that would change much to the way Elizabeth was treated as a child.
I am unsure, however, Henry VIII would include her in his will. Ruling a country while being blind is probably... uneasy.
I have no knowledge of a similar case, with a blind prince or princess, in European royalty. Does such a case exist?

She goes to a convent at age 12 or so. If Edward and Mary die childless as OTL, then the crown passes to Katherine Grey.
In OTL, Mary would've wanted her cousin Margaret Douglas as a successor. But, for some reason, she did not do anything in order to legally make her the heiress.
Assuming Elizabeth is out of the picture (something I am not sure at all), would Mary do something about that?

In those times, blind and male was one thing but blind and female is very different. I cannot see a blind from birth Elizabeth being acceptable as Queen Regnant.