A Few Acres of Snow: A Map and Graphic Timeline

Provinces of Canada
The flags are subject to change and the area measurements are very approximate (read: incorrect) but here we have it, the provinces of Canada; autonomous regions and territories upcoming.
AFAoS banner.png
Provinces of Canada.png

Last edited:
I have a question regarding Louisiana's Polynesian territories: on the original world map you posted, OTL's French Polynesia is fully shown to be its own entity in a dark green, but the territories of Louisiana list the Marquesas Islands and the Gambier Islands as Louisianan territories. Is that a retcon from the original world map you posted? Also what's the status now for the three other island chains in French Polynesia (the Austral Islands, the Society Islands, and the Tuamuto Islands)? Are they part of an independent Kingdom of Tahiti that was formally under French and/or Louisianan protection?

I have a question regarding Louisiana's Polynesian territories: on the original world map you posted, OTL's French Polynesia is fully shown to be its own entity in a dark green, but the territories of Louisiana list the Marquesas Islands and the Gambier Islands as Louisianan territories. Is that a retcon from the original world map you posted? Also what's the status now for the three other island chains in French Polynesia (the Austral Islands, the Society Islands, and the Tuamuto Islands)? Are they part of an independent Kingdom of Tahiti that was formally under French and/or Louisianan protection?
Yes it's a retcon haha, I'm still tweaking the world map here and there but I should have an updated version posted at some point. And yes, the rest of former French Polynesia is part of an independent Kingdom of Tahiti.
Love this timeline! Very interesting.

Here’s a question I have: does Canada have any territories that don’t exist anymore?
Thanks! The Panama Canal Zone used to be Canadian before they turned it over to the Society of Nations, and Acadia and Newfoundland were part of New France before being conquered by Britain. In terms of internal territories just about every state used to be a territory before becoming a full member of the federation.

So it's more of an analogue to Haiti? Fascinating; I really like what you're doing here.
Good catch! I think Canada's analogies to Haiti will probably end there but I did model this Canadian revolution on the OTL Haitian one (except for the slavery factor of course). Thanks!

Gabingston

Kicked
Good catch! I think Canada's analogies to Haiti will probably end there but I did model this Canadian revolution on the OTL Haitian one (except for the slavery factor of course). Thanks!
Speaking of slavery, when did Canada get rid of the peculiar institution?