Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

Here's a unique one: What if the Popham Colony survived? Apparently, it had more to do with the deaths of the patrons of the colony and the president than the colony itself considering it was considered the rival colony of Jamestown and it lost far fewer people through the first winter. What would it take for the colony's survival and could English colonization of the New World develop differently as a result?

A fun one: in an effort to minimize the political influence of the former secessionists, the former Confederate States of America are readmitted to the union as one state. How is American politics changed with the south represented by a single senator?

A fun one: in an effort to minimize the political influence of the former secessionists, the former Confederate States of America are readmitted to the union as one state. How is American politics changed with the south represented by a single senator?
that is incredibly unrealistic, for starters, it's two senators per state, second, imagine how many representatives that would be sent to the house, the only possible way I could imagine this is if reconstruction is properly conducted

that is incredibly unrealistic, for starters, it's two senators per state, second, imagine how many representatives that would be sent to the house, the only possible way I could imagine this is if reconstruction is properly conducted
The only way I can even remotely imagine this is if this is the first stage of the state suicide theory, assuming they even go ahead with that.

What would be some names of an independent Confederate States political parties? Would there be a Unionist (or Reunification) party at first and be phased out over time?

What would be some names of an independent Confederate States political parties? Would there be a Unionist (or Reunification) party at first and be phased out over time?
I feel that they would start with the Democratic and Unionist Parties but then faze out to other parties like possibly the Dixiecrat Party.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Democratic Party hold power for a long time, with a minority of politicians grouping themselves under the "Opposition Party" label before getting organized and choosing something catchier (e.g. "People's Party").

WI Titus was killed fighting the Jews in Jerusalem, leaving Domitian as sole heir?
Vespasian is going to pay more (read: any at all) attention to Domitian and bringing him up through the political ranks, much like Titus was doing at the start of his reign, when Domitian was his sole heir. Otherwise, I imagine not much different happens. Titus's reign was, after all, only 2 years long. Perhaps since Domitian is now being tutored more or less by Vespasian for a decade rather than just being brought up for 2 years under Titus, he might be more careful about wielding the powers of statecraft. However it's not like Domitian was a particularly bad ruler or administrator IOTL. His problem was he being too open about the nature of his rule, and thus pissing off the senatorial elite. Maybe given a decade, Vespasian could temper that tendency in him.

Would it be possible for a Russian-controlled India no later than 1836? it doesn't need to be all of India but at least all of the north.

What if each of the Mexican states as they existed in 1821 became independent countries?
I'd imagine a much more chaotic North America, as the former Mexican States would be subject to the interests of the United States, their former overlord Spain, nearby Brittan and new European states that had Colonial Ambitions (like Belgium) . US Monroe doctrine would most likely prevent anyone from taking territory (aside from The Americans themselves), but European States would still wield great influence.

so here's an interesting idea, if Scott wins in 1852, could the Kansas Nebraska act pass anyway? the territories will have to be organized eventually, if it does, then it's possible the Whigs become the abolitionist party, with no American party to siphon votes, Fremont may have won in 1856, this changes everything

People who know more about the French invasion of Russia than me, were there ever any opportunities during the 1812 campaign for Alexander I to be captured by the Grande Armée? Regardless of how unlikely this is under any circumstances, I just wanna know if it was even possible. Thanks.

Vespasian is going to pay more (read: any at all) attention to Domitian and bringing him up through the political ranks, much like Titus was doing at the start of his reign, when Domitian was his sole heir. Otherwise, I imagine not much different happens. Titus's reign was, after all, only 2 years long. Perhaps since Domitian is now being tutored more or less by Vespasian for a decade rather than just being brought up for 2 years under Titus, he might be more careful about wielding the powers of statecraft. However it's not like Domitian was a particularly bad ruler or administrator IOTL. His problem was he being too open about the nature of his rule, and thus pissing off the senatorial elite. Maybe given a decade, Vespasian could temper that tendency in him.
I actually think Domitian was a good ruler and administrator, slandered by the Senate because he hated them. Maybe with Vespasian's help, he's able to stay on the throne longer.

On another note, WI Trajan and Lusius Quietus were killed on their campaign against Parthia?

I'd imagine a much more chaotic North America, as the former Mexican States would be subject to the interests of the United States, their former overlord Spain, nearby Brittan and new European states that had Colonial Ambitions (like Belgium) . US Monroe doctrine would most likely prevent anyone from taking territory (aside from The Americans themselves), but European States would still wield great influence.
Unless it was a timeline in which the U.S. fell apart after independence.