To the Victor, Go the Spoils (Redux): A Plausible Central Powers Victory

I really like the look of this scenario; most German victory scenarios have the Americans just not join, but I'm really interested to see the impact on the US of American soldiers meeting the Germans in a fair fight and losing.

I really like the look of this scenario; most German victory scenarios have the Americans just not join, but I'm really interested to see the impact on the US of American soldiers meeting the Germans in a fair fight and losing.
One of the things I honestly find most interesting about the great war is that the US joining did very much turn the tide, but people often dont realise - while the US was vital for an allied victory, it took a really long time to actually come into the picture. You often see stats about how there were approx 800,000 Americans in France by June 1918, however the actual number of them who were combat ready was a far smaller number.

How that impacts a soldier; to be transported across the world to Europe (probably for the first time they ever left the country), training for months in the art of war and then being sent home after brave but unsuccessful effort, is certainly an interesting scenario.

Just started and caught up today. A very good read and I shall enjoy following it.
A small comment. In the earlier casualty summaries I think the numbers killed and wounded made sense, but it also seems that the way the battles were fought, the French and British would have considerable numbers of casualties which were not counted.

wSZs4v6.png

The Kaiserschlacht
Operation ‘Georgette’
April 1918

gUCoUNA.png

wSZs4v6.png

The Kaiserschlacht

Operation Blücher, Third Aisne
May - June 1918

dsLK2E1.png

In case anyone happened to miss it btw, I've now got my PC working and added the graphics for these events to provide some clarity.

Glad you're enjoying, and look forward to continuing to put some more up this week!

Just started and caught up today. A very good read and I shall enjoy following it.
A small comment. In the earlier casualty summaries I think the numbers killed and wounded made sense, but it also seems that the way the battles were fought, the French and British would have considerable numbers of casualties which were not counted.
Thanks for making note of that. I will say, while I do amend casualty numbers somewhat - in order to save time and to avoid getting too bogged down in the details I tend to avoid spending too much time on things like casualties.

As such I'd consider any casualties approximate, rather than accurate from here on. As mentioned in the OP, while it's not 'perfect', I'd rather give a rough estimate and move on etc.

The TL so far is amazing! But, I hope this TL (like many other TL's I seen) doesn't fall ill to a sickness call “Boring post-war”. On a more serious note, what I mean is that a lot of CP victory TL's has an interesting WW1 and might have an interesting immediate set of events after WW1, but doesn't have much to back it up in a post-war world, hell, even if WW2 happens it's usually the Franco-Prussian War 2.0.

The TL so far is amazing! But, I hope this TL (like many other TL's I seen) doesn't fall ill to a sickness call “Boring post-war”. On a more serious note, what I mean is that a lot of CP victory TL's has an interesting WW1 and might have an interesting immediate set of events after WW1, but doesn't have much to back it up in a post-war world, hell, even if WW2 happens it's usually the Franco-Prussian War 2.0.
Personally, as a reader, I would take plausibility over non-stop action any time in the post 1900 forum. And tbh, we have a rich history of timelines with intriguing post-war political and economic developments, and some of them are even CP victory timelines (like A Day In July; yes, I collaborated with it, but I only did so because I was already in love with the product, so :p). I'm more than confident that TheReformer will be able to execute whatever story they wish to tell.

Personally, as a reader, I would take plausibility over non-stop action any time in the post 1900 forum. And tbh, we have a rich history of timelines with intriguing post-war political and economic developments, and some of them are even CP victory timelines (like A Day In July; yes, I collaborated with it, but I only did so because I was already in love with the product, so :p). I'm more than confident that TheReformer will be able to execute whatever story they wish to tell.
The problem is you can lose the forest through the trees if you try to calculate the ‘realistic’ details on everything. Casualties are a ballpark and that is fine.

The problem is you can lose the forest through the trees if you try to calculate the ‘realistic’ details on everything. Casualties are a ballpark and that is fine.
Er, you misunderstand me. I wasn't talking about casualties (have no problem with that approach), I was responding to Spamavalanche on the concept of "boring postwar".

Thanks! I'd reassure you but I feel that would be tooting one's trumpet a little too much. So I'll let @Godwin do it given he knows some of my plans - dramatic enough post war for you Godwin? :p

I have been thoroughly enjoying it so far and have found no problems with your reasoning except in the latest installment you have American casualties at Belleau Wood is 50-60% greater than OTL while the details you give implies that the battle progressed very similar to OTL.

I have been thoroughly enjoying it so far and have found no problems with your reasoning except in the latest installment you have American casualties at Belleau Wood is 50-60% greater than OTL while the details you give implies that the battle progressed very similar to OTL.
Good that you mentioned that, I actually had intended for it to go worse initially and wrote it up as such, but amended later and neglected to change the casualties. Shall edit - cheers

Are we going to get maybe another naval battle between Germany and Britain? Or how the war is going to change/influence german naval doctrine. Last but not least does the Red Baron still dies?

Are we going to get maybe another naval battle between Germany and Britain? Or how the war is going to change/influence german naval doctrine. Last but not least does the Red Baron still dies?
1) Maybe, 2) Guess you'll have to wait and see! 3) Dead as a dodo (primarily because it means I dont have to make up his future, and he wouldnt have avoided the circumstances)