TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

? this makes no since to me. regardless of the war CS troops would remember TR, if from nothing else the scary stories their dads tell them before bed. if this is in the SGW/WWII then they would be confused as to why these yanks are referencing a man two decades dead.
CS Troops called them Billy yank because that a Nickname for the US Soldiers when at War.

Like German called the Brits "Tommy" or Americans called the German "Krauts"

It will be normal to be called "Billy Yank" to the SGW Union Troops,
but not for OTL Troops who will highly to be bewildered with the Nickname

Last edited:
CS Troops called them Billy yank because that a Nickname for the US Soldiers when at War.

Like German called the Brits "Tommy" or Americans called the German "Krauts"

It will be normal to be called "Billy Yank" to the SGW Union Troops,
but not for OTL Troops who will highly to be bewildered with the Nickname
No I understand what you are going with with the Billy Yank thing. its the confused references to Roosevelt that Don't make since

? this makes no since to me. regardless of the war CS troops would remember TR, if from nothing else the scary stories their dads tell them before bed. if this is in the SGW/WWII then they would be confused as to why these yanks are referencing a man two decades dead.

I wonder if the notion that, as of 1941, one of Theodore Roosevelt’s sons is an infinitely more likely candidate for the Presidency than TR himself is the hook that finally allows T191 Yankees to make the mental leap between “This man is talking crazy” and “This man is telling us what might have been…”

I wonder if the notion that, as of 1941, one of Theodore Roosevelt’s sons is an infinitely more likely candidate for the Presidency than TR himself is the hook that finally allows T191 Yankees to make the mental leap between “This man is talking crazy” and “This man is telling us what might have been…”
Speaking of Teddy Roosevelt sons,
What will they do in TL191?
You right about They are More likely be candidates for Presidency and maybe even Win the Election.

Cause who want a President who related to the Chad Teddy Roosevelt who defeated the Southern Reb in War
(Especially with the Rise of Jake the Snake and Freedom Party in the Confederacy)

My money is on Quentin Roosevelt being President instead of some nobody like Charles W. La Follette

Last edited:
That would, of course, depend on the Roosevelt boys not being broken (mentally or physically) or outright killed in the Great War - a dangerous uncertainty, given these chaos would have been ‘in harness’ at the hour of their nation’s bloodiest exertions.

It also rather depends on them not having been so overshadowed by their mighty father that their own reputations were able to flourish (Quite difficult to guarantee, as we may observe from the fact that in almost two & a half centuries only two fathers have seen their sons follow them as President of the United States).

That would, of course, depend on the Roosevelt boys not being broken (mentally or physically) or outright killed in the Great War - a dangerous uncertainty, given these chaos would have been ‘in harness’ at the hour of their nation’s bloodiest exertions.

It also rather depends on them not having been so overshadowed by their mighty father that their own reputations were able to flourish (Quite difficult to guarantee, as we may observe from the fact that in almost two & a half centuries only two fathers have seen their sons follow them as President of the United States).
Yeah that might be Difficulty with President father and son things, but I think Teddy sons still have Change of the Presidency.

When the Freedom Party want to Remilitarizes and be Aggressive to the Union, peoples will want a Person when Shit get Real with the South.
What will be a Better Person, then the Son of an President who drive the South to it’s Knee.
Plus Teddy sons (my money is still on Quentin Roosevelt as President) might Popular as or Even more Famous than their Father
because No President of Southern victory never did before….. . .. . . .
Permanently Ended and Reintegrate the South to the Union.

Which whatever Teddy Sons as President Popularity will be Enormous after the War and Put him to Best President’s in American history.

Also in the Story standpoint, the Son finally out their Father shadow and makes their own Legacy separate to being just son of Famous Man.
That will be Amazing Character arc to explore if Southern Victory has Adaptation

Last edited:
The pattern that I was thinking about for US Army was the OTL Mitchell Pattern, which first came online in 1953 in our timeline in the Marines, and it is commonly seen as either pup tents and as helmet covers.

4ohthxr9c9671.png

Could be interesting seeing the Mitchell Pattern used on jump smocks for paratroopers as well.

I guess that they would look similar to those from IOTL, aside from the helmet of course.
Well I think they will be kind of model of of the East German uniforms.
but I think in the fifties afterwards however they might have a style like a mix of German and American uniforms in the 70s and onward.

I notice the patch on the helmet is for the Third Infantry Division. In TL 191 where did they serve in the First Great War?
That would be up to you I suppose. Admittedly I chose this patch for the artist because of its recognizability. And to see what US patches would look like on German helmets. I may have made a minor slip up because the division was founded in Georgia, but nothing strictly says the division has to be created in Georgia, right? Perhaps this 3rd I.D. was created in a northern state before the start of the Great War?

Wait they're from Georgia.
That mean they fought for Confederates not the US

In our timeline, yes. As I said I chose the patch symbol for its recognizability as well as to see what a US patch would look like on a German helmet. Perhaps there is a Confederate 3rd I.D. with a different division symbol that was founded in Georgia. Who knows.