Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPoRHGv.png

In an act of madness the Mods of TNO have decided to remove the concept of Atlantropa and the Gibraltar Dam altogether, so I made this to honor this occasion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May God have mercy on us all...
1652335568831.png

The so-called Slow Deluge, or the Mediterranean Deluge, is the name for the series of tidal events that have influenced the Mediterranean Sea since 1973, when the Gibraltar Dam Collapsed. The Deluge can be characterized by the gradual elevation of sea levels back to pre-1950 standards, unpredictable highly destructive coastal events and the abandonment of the "Reclaimed Coastlines" and its settlements by millions of "Deluge Refugees".
1652335921974.png

TWICE upon a VELVET PINK MOON
or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Stanned Loona
(where I put K-pop idols in governmental positions because I ran out of ideas a long time ago)

xMSwJrx.jpg

I posted this on SLP but I might as well post it here too.

Some Notes:
  • The idea came about after Erin suggested a President Chou Tzu-yu for China in a Discord server (and also dragged me to the loonaverse). Things quickly spiraled out of control after that.
  • The Chinas and Koreas are united. How? Butterflies
  • The PoD is that Section 44 of the Australian Constitution doesn't exist. This solves both a) Rosé's dual citizenship and ii) what the PoD is. How does the non-existence of Section 44 lead to all of this? Also butterflies. And magic.
  • and of course, don't take this seriously; I don't claim to know the political inclinations nor ambitions of any K-pop idol ever.
Same universe as the post above:
Without further ado... the National Assembly of Korea!
Ry7yNAW.png

Last edited:
In an act of madness the Mods of TNO have decided to remove the concept of Atlantropa and the Gibraltar Dam altogether, so I made this to honor this occasion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May God have mercy on us all...
View attachment 741027
The so-called Slow Deluge, or the Mediterranean Deluge, is the name for the series of tidal events that have influenced the Mediterranean Sea since 1973, when the Gibraltar Dam Collapsed. The Deluge can be characterized by the gradual elevation of sea levels back to pre-1950 standards, unpredictable highly destructive coastal events and the abandonment of the "Reclaimed Coastlines" and its settlements by millions of "Deluge Refugees".
View attachment 741028

GOOD SHIT

That's cool

1652397526603.png

The November 2013 Spanish general election was held on the 3rd November 2013 to elect the 400 members of the Cortes, the unicameral legislature of Spain. Acting Prime Minister Carme Chacón of the PSOE was seeking election to a second term, as she had in May.

The election saw the end of the shortest-serving Cortes in Spanish history, since the Cortes elected in May had had a parliamentary arithmetic hostile to the formation of a government led by either the centre-left PSOE or the centre-right PPR. The Opposition leader Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría had been expected to stand down after her party’s losses in the election, but she stayed on due to the continuing instability and problems with forming a new government.

Simultaneously, Chacón had damaged her reputation by seeking to form a government with the support of IP, a left-wing party which formed the third-largest grouping in the Cortes, and ER/IR, a left-wing nationalist party that supported Basque, Catalan and Galician independence. Together the parties were one of the only realistic combinations that could form a majority government, but IR leader Joan Puigcercós saw Chacón as too hostile to the independence movements. There was also dissent against allying with the more leftist parties within the PSOE led by Andalusian regional politician and executive member Susana Díaz.

When the vote to swear in a second Chacón government was held on the 25th September 2013, only 170 of the 400 Deputies voted to confirm it (121 from the PSOE and 49 from IP), 31 short of a majority. The day after this defeat, President Fernández de la Vega announced the Cortes would be dissolved after serving for just four months, with the new election set for just over a month later.

The polls saw a significant decline for the parties which had sought to form a new government, while the PPR began to bolster its position in the polls as Sáenz de Santamaría bemoaned the ‘incompetence’ of the left-wing parties and called for ‘a government of unity’ (the word 'unity' was a very deliberate choice to imply opposition to the independence movements), strengthening this attitude with her improvement of relations with UPyD and its leader Rosa Díez. UPyD had further surged in support since the May election thanks to the close association the new government had forged with IR and how this had stoked fears of independence movements achieving their intended goals, and Díez pledged that it would be a ‘moderating presence’ on a PPR-led government.

When the election was held, turnout fell significantly from May to just 70.7%. The PPR regained its status as the largest party in the Cortes while the PSOE dropped to its worst showing since 1977. Ironically, IP held up better than the polls had expected and remained the third-largest party, even beating out IR to a plurality in Álava. A vote of confidence held on the 21st November saw Sáenz de Santamaría successfully form a government with the support of UPyD.

Could a communist really get one million votes in the second red scare environment? Also why was electoral college abolished?
The 1948 election resulted in a contingent election that resulted in a president and vice president from different political parties, I think they'd be over the EC by then. Not really but the national environment is slightly different and with Wallace becoming anti soviet by 1952 any pro USSR USA friendship voters would go to the actual communists.

The 1948 election resulted in a contingent election that resulted in a president and vice president from different political parties, I think they'd be over the EC by then. Not really but the national environment is slightly different and with Wallace becoming anti soviet by 1952 any pro USSR USA friendship voters would go to the actual communists.
Something like No Korean war altogether? I wish to maybe do a comprehensive TL on that subject some day, I think it would've really led to a more peaceful world in general and Cold war being more of a competition in things like space, science etc. than IOTL being like 'let's fuck up a bunch of 3d world countries beyond repair by turning them into battlegrounds'

Also much more left leaning USA early on you have there?

Status
Not open for further replies.