Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Also, there are only borders in the Americas.

And "Falkland Islands (UK)" is marked, but not UK itself.

oh my god you're right

Might be part of an insidious plot: can't be part of UK if there is no UK...

Anyways, have some infographics show:

badinfog.jpg

Pretty sure USSR never had Northern Iran. Just occupied it.
That was their 'Sphere of influence', pre-Soviet & then WW2, agreed with Britain (who got the south, likewise), with [but not in WW2?] a thin &v V-shaped buffer-zone where -- supposedly -- neither would intrude.

Crazy Boris

Banned
On of the usual "we just take modern borders" map. Although it is a little extra cringy that they then titled it Geography of WWI

View attachment 740492

Why do the worst maps always come from teachers/schools?! The one group of people who really should know better. I could have done better when I was 13!

Also they even failed at using a modern map, since Serbia and Montenegro are united here

Also, speaking of Monty, the lists of countries on each side are woefully incomplete. Ottomans especially are a glaring absence.

Also they even failed at using a modern map, since Serbia and Montenegro are united here

Also, speaking of Monty, the lists of countries on each side are woefully incomplete. Ottomans especially are a glaring absence.

1. Most likely was made while Serbia-Montenegro Union was still a thing.

2. Eh, they do say at the start so minor Entente, Italy and Ottomans/Bulgaria can be disregarded as they joined later. Thought to be fair, so did the UK but UK was in the Triple Entente (and unlike Italy stayed that way during the war).

Speaking of WWI maps this one is a bit weird in that it managed to get Austria-Hungary correct but then has some massive blunder on Germany (and they were a bit unsure in The Balkans™ as well)

badtextbook.jpg

How did they get Germany and Poland that mixed up?
Because it’s just a modern map with nations colored in as they are today. “Oh, here is Austria… and here is Hungary… I know there was a nation called Austria-Hungary… it must have just been these together!” It’s what happens when you believe you’re at the “end of history.”

Speaking of WWI maps this one is a bit weird in that it managed to get Austria-Hungary correct but then has some massive blunder on Germany (and they were a bit unsure in The Balkans™ as well)

View attachment 740496

I mean, Balkans are not fullt correct, but to be honest it is pretty decent.

Pretty much the only big error is Congress Poland being a part of Germany.

Smaller ones are Bosnia being shown as independent (well, it was neither Austrian nor Hungarian, so I can kinda get showing it seperately) and Bulgarian borders.
Also the Montenegrin and Albanian (especially Albanian) borders might not be fully correct either.

Also, they seem to have ignored any colonial territory (North Africa, Malta, Rhodes, Cyprus).

ITTL, the partitions went differently

More like Congress of Vienna. Prussia originally did have more Polish territory before losing it because of Napoleon.
Thought of course, all of Congress Poland was never a part of Prussia.

Also, they seem to have ignored any colonial territory (North Africa, Malta, Rhodes, Cyprus).

Speaking of colonies the following one is actually quite good (heck, they even mention themselves that the map is not to exact scale but even with that they still do a decent enough job)

They only got a minor hiccup in South Sudan/Uganda/Rwanda (and Burundi is suspiciously where Lake Victoria should have been)

But still compared to many other maps in this thread this is how a good educational map should be (and kudos to the teacher or whoever thought that up)

badgoodidea6a.jpg

Speaking of colonies the following one is actually quite good (heck, they even mention themselves that the map is not to exact scale but even with that they still do a decent enough job)

They only got a minor hiccup in South Sudan/Uganda/Rwanda (and Burundi is suspiciously where Lake Victoria should have been)

But still compared to many other maps in this thread this is how a good educational map should be (and kudos to the teacher or whoever thought that up)

View attachment 740686

Not perfect but other than that East African mess as well as can be expected.