Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Xb11u0I.png

To be honest, I just saw an OTL map in this format and decided to make something similar.

Here are some proposed buildings never built from the map thread

What would a fully partitioned/balkanized Myanmar look like? I'm looking for a map of the ultimate end goal or territorial claims of all rebel groups.

1650642842263.png

The Soviets planned an invasion of Hokkaido for around August 1945, with the goal of occupying the northern portion along a line from Rumoi to Kushiro. Opposition from America and disagreement that the plan would succeed from Soviet commanders lead to the plan being scrapped on August 22nd.

Hi, this is my first time posting here.

I wanted to talk about a proposal that was suggested during the American Civil War in 1862.

It's where a Senator from Kansas proposed the Colony of Linconia, where the plan was to resettle freed African Americans from the United States to a colony in Central America, in the Chiriquí Province of what's now Panama. It was even supported by President Lincoln

However, there were two problems. One, most African Americans, including Frederick Douglass, were against the idea of colonization, and unsurprisingly reacted negatively to this idea. And two, Central American nations, like Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, were against this idea, with William Walker's attempt still on their minds.
Linconia 1.png

(Chiriquí Province)

Linconia.png

(Linconia) (Borders belongs to @Crazy Boris)

So, had this plan pushed through, and Linconia had survived and thrived, and then went the way of Liberia, there could've been a 7th (Or 8th if we're counting Panama later in 1903) Central American nation in the 19th Century.

Crazy Boris

Banned

The “I”s looking like “J”s is really messing with me. Was that ever a thing in German? Also, the “ñ” in “Añam”. Maybe that second one is just a printing error or something.

Another thing that stands out to me is how most African colonies are ignored (and British North Borneo), maybe the Germans figured they would let Britain and France keep those (plus Italian Somaliland), and Aden is shown as just the colony proper and not the Protectorate states, while Malaya, which is similarly mostly protectorates, is shown in full.

Also, interesting how Korea is the only territory labelled outside of the colonies in question. Maybe an earlier draft of this was going to target Japan too?

The “I”s looking like “J”s is really messing with me. Was that ever a thing in German? Also, the “ñ” in “Añam”. Maybe that second one is just a printing error or something.
The "I"s and "J"s looking near identical has been a thing since "J" became a separate letter.
It's "n̄", n with macron, instead of "ñ", n with tilde. This indicates that An̄am is a short form for Annam.
Both of these styles of writing changed in the mid-20th Century.

Hi, this is my first time posting here.

I wanted to talk about a proposal that was suggested during the American Civil War in 1862.

It's where a Senator from Kansas proposed the Colony of Linconia, where the plan was to resettle freed African Americans from the United States to a colony in Central America, in the Chiriquí Province of what's now Panama. It was even supported by President Lincoln

However, there were two problems. One, most African Americans, including Frederick Douglass, were against the idea of colonization, and unsurprisingly reacted negatively to this idea. And two, Central American nations, like Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, were against this idea, with William Walker's attempt still on their minds.
View attachment 736992
(Chiriquí Province)

View attachment 736996
(Linconia) (Borders belongs to @Crazy Boris)

So, had this plan pushed through, and Linconia had survived and thrived, and then went the way of Liberia, there could've been a 7th (Or 8th if we're counting Panama later in 1903) Central American nation in the 19th Century.
Had Linconia been successful and with those borders in ATL, it could have opened up a shared canal scheme with Costa Rica later on via a route from the Gulf of Dolce to the Chiriquí lagoon [depending how viable it is].

panex0301e.jpg

Another thing that stands out to me is how most African colonies are ignored (and British North Borneo), maybe the Germans figured they would let Britain and France keep those (plus Italian Somaliland), and Aden is shown as just the colony proper and not the Protectorate states, while Malaya, which is similarly mostly protectorates, is shown in full.

Also, interesting how Korea is the only territory labelled outside of the colonies in question. Maybe an earlier draft of this was going to target Japan too?

Well that map is missing a lot of places with a Union Jack on them!?

(And strictly speaking Egypt was a Client State not a Colony)
I read the german text as that to make good the unjustice the allied powers did to these specific colonies, the German Empire should annex them to give them directly a form of independence. Herausgabe=Release. That explains also a bit why other places are excluded.