Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png

Set in the same world as this post and this post; a Russo-Byzantine war in the mold of the Russo-Turkish War (1877-1878) but in 1901. Can the Byzantines win, or will the might of Russia prevail and splinter the Balkans as OTL?

Last edited:
Vaduz and the other nearby area are shown as Austrian here
The Area has been mediatized although the area only really became "independent" ie not Imperial Immediacy [directly subordinate to the Emperor] until 1699 when the Liechtenstein family acquired it.
Regarding the rest, I have been trying to improve the standard HRR map found on Wiki, so the "ranking" is not mine [mostly] but I do try to put in the lands that are important to that era's commentary.

Thank you for your comments about the map. As it is OTL, I didn't want to bore everyone with readily available history.

See, the thing is that I am using a school chromebook. I am surprised I am actually able to be on this site.
That explains a lot. There are ways around it I understand but not my area of expertise.
Although I don't recommend it you can try looking up VPN if you REALLY want to get round things but bear in mind that the school might be able to monitor that avenue.

The Area has been mediatized although the area only really became "independent" ie not Imperial Immediacy [directly subordinate to the Emperor] until 1699 when the Liechtenstein family acquired it.
I thought that the "immediate" status of those lands was why the Prince of Liechtenstein bought them, so that he'd have a voice in the Imperial Diet, and that it was just their being classified as a Principality (with an individual vote there) rather than a County (with a vote on the Bench of Swabian Counts, which collectively had a single vote in the Diet) plus a Lordship (without any say in the Diet) that changed?

See, the thing is that I am using a school chromebook. I am surprised I am actually able to be on this site.
Try putting the file on an image compressor or try splitting the image into fourths and then pasting them in

Last edited:
View attachment 737181
*start recording* Ok, I should have just enough for another recording on this thing. Ok. Well, I kind of did lose this thing for a couple months. It is now May 2062. Mali is just gone, as well as Saudi Arabia. Canada annexed the Great Lakes Republic, and is engaged in a 2 front war against the Inuit Federation, with the other side being mostly Icelandic forces, with a mix of Greenlandic and other CSTO members as well. The USA and ASA split the Republic of the South, and they are now the only 2 countries left that were a part of the old US. Also, the Mexican Civil War has started, with Mexico pushing into the Empire, but the Empire has reclaimed the Yucatan Peninsula. Also, it would appear that Brazil is South America's Italy. Brazil launched a surprise invasion and joined OORA. And surprisingly, so did Uruguay. Brazil pushed into their former territories, as well as territory of formerly Paraguay, France, Suriname, Guyana, and the territory of Venezuela, Bolivia, and Argentina, with forces approaching Colombia and Peru. Uruguay is assisting Brazil in all other theaters, but also managed to make a heavy push into Argentina. Einstein was wrong. It is official, this is World War Four. Morocco also started an invasion of the Congo from Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, and even reached into Southern Angola. The Congo is landlocked, and Moroccan forces are moving down the South African Coast. Also, South Africa annexed Botswana. Cuba managed to get a naval invasion into the Moroccan Homeland, but they are actually now being pushed back, and I heard that more forces are moving to take the coast back first, so that the Cubans are surrounded. Uzbekistan managed to gain their claimed lands with Russian pressure on Kazakhstan. Turkmenistan now as access to the Caspian Sea. Also, New Hindustan has invaded Indochina, getting Chinese and Indonesian support. Indochina takes Mainland Malaya, but lose land in Burma and Vietnam, however do also take some territories from China. Turkish and Yugoslavian soldiers retake all of Yugoslavia and start an invasion into Russia. Russia, feeling threatened, starts to make moves towards the restoration of the Russian Empire. Tunisia takes some more lands from France and even some from Austria and Switzerland. Morocco takes the rest of France, the benelux, Switzerland and parts of Germany. Europa will not last long. OORA sent a letter to Moscow, stating that they would be willing to make a peace deal. And it would appear that I have run out of time, OH and I should tell you why I am in hiding. You see, I- *end recording*

Well, guys. I sure do hope you enjoy my mapping. So, should Russia accept peace talks? Or should Russia follow through with the Empire plan. Will Indochina be able to survive? What will happen in America? Will ASA or USA unite America? And what about Mexico? Will the Empire or Republic be victorious? How about Yugoslavia and Europa? Well, the poll is only about Russia. Poll will end Friday. Link: https://forms.gle/R1SeQi6qbhrAEzNd9

1651084248693.png

*start recording* Ok, I should have just enough for another recording on this thing. Ok. Well, I kind of did lose this thing for a couple months. It is now May 2062. Mali is just gone, as well as Saudi Arabia. Canada annexed the Great Lakes Republic, and is engaged in a 2 front war against the Inuit Federation, with the other side being mostly Icelandic forces, with a mix of Greenlandic and other CSTO members as well. The USA and ASA split the Republic of the South, and they are now the only 2 countries left that were a part of the old US. Also, the Mexican Civil War has started, with Mexico pushing into the Empire, but the Empire has reclaimed the Yucatan Peninsula. Also, it would appear that Brazil is South America's Italy. Brazil launched a surprise invasion and joined OORA. And surprisingly, so did Uruguay. Brazil pushed into their former territories, as well as territory of formerly Paraguay, France, Suriname, Guyana, and the territory of Venezuela, Bolivia, and Argentina, with forces approaching Colombia and Peru. Uruguay is assisting Brazil in all other theaters, but also managed to make a heavy push into Argentina. Einstein was wrong. It is official, this is World War Four. Morocco also started an invasion of the Congo from Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, and even reached into Southern Angola. The Congo is landlocked, and Moroccan forces are moving down the South African Coast. Also, South Africa annexed Botswana. Cuba managed to get a naval invasion into the Moroccan Homeland, but they are actually now being pushed back, and I heard that more forces are moving to take the coast back first, so that the Cubans are surrounded. Uzbekistan managed to gain their claimed lands with Russian pressure on Kazakhstan. Turkmenistan now as access to the Caspian Sea. Also, New Hindustan has invaded Indochina, getting Chinese and Indonesian support. Indochina takes Mainland Malaya, but lose land in Burma and Vietnam, however do also take some territories from China. Turkish and Yugoslavian soldiers retake all of Yugoslavia and start an invasion into Russia. Russia, feeling threatened, starts to make moves towards the restoration of the Russian Empire. Tunisia takes some more lands from France and even some from Austria and Switzerland. Morocco takes the rest of France, the benelux, Switzerland and parts of Germany. Europa will not last long. OORA sent a letter to Moscow, stating that they would be willing to make a peace deal. And it would appear that I have run out of time, OH and I should tell you why I am in hiding. You see, I- *end recording*

Well, guys. I sure do hope you enjoy my mapping. So, should Russia accept peace talks? Or should Russia follow through with the Empire plan. Will Indochina be able to survive? What will happen in America? Will ASA or USA unite America? And what about Mexico? Will the Empire or Republic be victorious? How about Yugoslavia and Europa? Well, the poll is only about Russia. Poll will end Friday. Link: https://forms.gle/R1SeQi6qbhrAEzNd9
Also, follow this TL on the thread in my signature.

I thought that the "immediate" status of those lands was why the Prince of Liechtenstein bought them, so that he'd have a voice in the Imperial Diet, and that it was just their being classified as a Principality (with an individual vote there) rather than a County (with a vote on the Bench of Swabian Counts, which collectively had a single vote in the Diet) plus a Lordship (without any say in the Diet) that changed?
From Wiki;

"Prince Johann Adam Andreas of Liechtenstein bought the domain of Schellenberg in 1699 and the county of Vaduz in 1712. The Prince had landholdings in Austria, Bohemia and Moravia, but none of his lands were held directly from the Emperor. Thus, the prince was barred from entry to the Council of Princes and the prestige and influence that would entail.

By acquiring the Lordships of Schellenberg and Vaduz, modest areas of mountain villages each of which was directly subordinate to the Emperor because there no longer being a Duke of Swabia, the Prince of Liechtenstein achieved his goal. The territory took the name of the family which now ruled it. On January 23, 1719, Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, decreed that the counties of Vaduz and Schellenberg be promoted to a principality with the name Liechtenstein for his servant Anton Florian of Liechtenstein whereby he and his successors became Princes of the Holy Roman Empire."

You are correct, by "Independent" I was trying to indicate that it would not be "Un-Mediated" until it becomes a Principality

Is there a browser picture editing website that isnt blocked that I can just replace a certain pixel color, such as the one in AddizzPro's Videos?
I don't know if you can download to your chromebook but if you can I.Mage [https://download.cnet.com/I-Mage/3000-2192_4-10768932.html] is a good but old app that has a 256 colour grid where you can change specific colours.
If your pic does not have a palette, use GIMP [https://www.gimp.org/downloads/] under the dropdown "image" go to "mode" where you can generate an indexed palette from your original. DO NOT "save as" but "export as" to save your result, save it as a DIFFERENT NAME or add V2 so you keep your original - just in case [also save as png]

Just a thought, use a USB so the programmes are not on your chromebook.

unknown.png

Set in the same world as this post and this post; a Russo-Byzantine war in the mold of the Russo-Turkish War (1877-1878) but in 1901. Can the Byzantines win, or will the might of Russia prevail and splinter the Balkans as OTL?
Now i want to know how the war shall end.
I think Byzantine position is better than Ottomans in OTL. But i don't know nothing about internal situation of Roman Empire.

Now i want to know how the war shall end.
I think Byzantine position is better than Ottomans in OTL. But i don't know nothing about internal situation of Roman Empire.
Well, the Byzantines ITTL have a more compact state and a more unified chain of military command than the OTL Ottomans, but against the might of Russia Byzantine survival remains to be seen....

So I created a religion map for my medieval America world (for what it's worth, it's just the After the End faiths and where they'd be in this world, since I like them a lot). The religions mapped here are based on if a majority of people within a state follow that religion, so religions like Imamism in California and Atomicism in the Southwest won't show up on the map
TheKnownAmericas_religions.png

Key:
  • Cream: Conclavian Catholicism (American Catholic, led by the Pope in St. Louis)
  • Light grey: Evangelicalism (conglomerated Protestantism)
  • Lime green: Revelationism (if backwoods Pentecostalism became pagan)
  • Dark teal: Americanism (that which needs no introduction)
  • Sky blue: Anabaptism (based around the Amish traditions of interior Pennsylvania)
  • Darker sky blue: Neo-Norse paganism (A Minnesota Vikings fan's somewhat poor reimagining of a post-Ragnarök Norse religion)
  • Ocean blue: Lakeshore faiths (the folklore of the Great Lakes became a religion. Involves a good bit of football)
  • Crimson: Galvanism/Rust Cult (Praise be to Father Ford)
  • Tannish-red: Anglicanism (got a little confused on what the "Archbishop of Canterbury" means. New Brunswick has never been more important)
  • Neon green: Elven paganism (D&D elf religion basically)
  • Burnt orange: Ursuline Catholicism (Matriarchial Quebecois Catholicism under the Order of St. Ursula. Doesn't like the Pope in St. Louis)
  • Forest green: Neo-Celtic Christianity (not much different from Anglicanism, despite the name, just emphasizes a Celtic identity more)
  • Light reddish-brown: Peyotism (The Native American Church, essentially. Has lost adherents to the Conclavians and the below faith)
  • Deep green: Trailwalker faiths (if the mythos of the Wild West became a religion. Losing ground to the Conclavians)
  • Light orange: Ceticism (Californian Confucianism, basically)
  • Light green: Gaianism (Matriarchial Wiccan tree-huggers, essentially)
  • Dirt brown (in the northwest): Alaskan Orthodoxy (in a bizarre twist of fate, a syncretic Orthodox Church arose out of the conglomeration of churches in Alaska. Despite the name and theological similarities to Eastern Orthodoxy, it's remarkably different, due to its inclusion of some Protestant theology and folk traditions)
  • Light purple: Mormonism (has become something of a new Judaism, just Christian)
  • Dark gold: Sagrado Corazón (Mexican folk Catholics that worship saints as if they were gods themselves)
  • Light gold: Guadalupean Catholicism (Cristero Catholicism, doesn't like the Pope)
  • Striped light-orange-pale-green: Cetic majority ruled by a Nazarene minority (the Nazarenes, a Christian group from Southern California based on the many churches there, rule this portion of California, which still has a Cetic majority)
  • Dark reddish brown: Dwarven paganism (Moradin in Yellowstone)
  • Darker scarlet: Neo-Aztec faiths (does blood sacrifices with even more zeal than the old Aztecs)
  • Faint green: Neo-Mayan faiths (has syncretized with Catholicism to some degree)
  • Purple: Moravian Church (Moravian missionary efforts bore quite a lot of fruit in Central America)
  • Colombian gold: Patria Grande (believes that Simón Bolívar and the Colombian revolutionaries were divine agents chosen by God Himself to establish Gran Colombia and venerate them as Saints. Many also seek to restore Gran Colombia)
  • Lighter grey-brown: Santeria (Experienced a revival after the Event. Leading the push against the Voodoo Haitians)
  • Darker grey-brown: Voodou/Voodoo (currently going through troubles with the rumors of the Haitian Emperor's meddling with dark forces)
  • Striped Cream-darker grey-brown: Catholic majority ruled by a Voodoo minority (the King of Louisiana is Voodoo, as are more than a few nobles, but most Louisianans are Catholic)
  • Cyan: Brethren (if Pirates of the Caribbean became a religion. One Jack Sparrow of Tortuga has made a name for himself as a powerful Brethren pirate)
  • Striped emerald green-tannish-red: Mixed Protestant majority ruled over by a Sunni Muslim minority (the Guyanas are very religiously pluralistic, owing to their colonial heritage)
  • Magenta: Incan paganism (Inti has been syncretized with the Christian God, as have much of other Incan practices)
  • Reddish-brown: Brazilian Apostolicism (one of the bajillion religions in Brazil, based on Brazilian Catholicism. Unlike North America, it never elected a Pope after the Event, and instead went on its own way as a seperate church)

I noticed after that I made it that the purple Black Hills state wasn't colored with a religion, so I'm gonna describe it here. In short, it's Americanist, and the folks of the Black Hills act as caretakers of Mount Rushmore, the greatest monument to the Founders west of the Mississippi

Last edited:
So I created a religion map for my medieval America world (for what it's worth, it's just the After the End faiths and where they'd be in this world, since I like them a lot). The religions mapped here are based on if a majority of people within a state follow that religion, so religions like Imamism in California and Atomicism in the Southwest won't show up on the map
View attachment 737237
Key:
  • Cream: Conclavian Catholicism (American Catholic, led by the Pope in St. Louis)
  • Light grey: Evangelicalism (conglomerated Protestantism)
  • Lime green: Revelationism (if backwoods Pentecostalism became pagan)
  • Dark teal: Americanism (that which needs no introduction)
  • Sky blue: Anabaptism (based around the Amish traditions of interior Pennsylvania)
  • Darker sky blue: Neo-Norse paganism (A Minnesota Vikings fan's somewhat poor reimagining of a post-Ragnarök Norse religion)
  • Ocean blue: Lakeshore faiths (the folklore of the Great Lakes became a religion. Involves a good bit of football)
  • Crimson: Galvanism/Rust Cult (Praise be to Father Ford)
  • Tannish-red: Anglicanism (got a little confused on what the "Archbishop of Canterbury" means. New Brunswick has never been more important)
  • Neon green: Elven paganism (D&D elf religion basically)
  • Burnt orange: Ursuline Catholicism (Matriarchial Quebecois Catholicism under the Order of St. Ursula. Doesn't like the Pope in St. Louis)
  • Forest green: Neo-Celtic Christianity (not much different from Anglicanism, despite the name, just emphasizes a Celtic identity more)
  • Light reddish-brown: Peyotism (The Native American Church, essentially. Has lost adherents to the Conclavians and the below faith)
  • Deep green: Trailwalker faiths (if the mythos of the Wild West became a religion. Losing ground to the Conclavians)
  • Light orange: Ceticism (Californian Confucianism, basically)
  • Light green: Gaianism (Matriarchial Wiccan tree-huggers, essentially)
  • Dirt brown (in the northwest): Alaskan Orthodoxy (in a bizarre twist of fate, a syncretic Orthodox Church arose out of the conglomeration of churches in Alaska. Despite the name and theological similarities to Eastern Orthodoxy, it's remarkably different, due to its inclusion of some Protestant theology and folk traditions)
  • Light purple: Mormonism (has become something of a new Judaism, just Christian)
  • Dark gold: Sagrado Corazón (Mexican folk Catholics that worship saints as if they were gods themselves)
  • Light gold: Guadalupean Catholicism (Cristero Catholicism, doesn't like the Pope)
  • Striped light-orange-pale-green: Cetic majority ruled by a Nazarene minority (the Nazarenes, a Christian group from Southern California based on the many churches there, rule this portion of California, which still has a Cetic majority)
  • Dark reddish brown: Dwarven paganism (Moradin in Yellowstone)
  • Darker scarlet: Neo-Aztec faiths (does blood sacrifices with even more zeal than the old Aztecs)
  • Faint green: Neo-Mayan faiths (has syncretized with Catholicism to some degree)
  • Purple: Moravian Church (Moravian missionary efforts bore quite a lot of fruit in Central America)
  • Colombian gold: Patria Grande (believes that Simón Bolívar and the Colombian revolutionaries were divine agents chosen by God Himself to establish Gran Colombia and venerate them as Saints. Many also seek to restore Gran Colombia)
  • Lighter grey-brown: Santeria (Experienced a revival after the Event. Leading the push against the Voodoo Haitians)
  • Darker grey-brown: Voodou/Voodoo (currently going through troubles with the rumors of the Haitian Emperor's meddling with dark forces)
  • Striped Cream-darker grey-brown: Catholic majority ruled by a Voodoo minority (the King of Louisiana is Voodoo, as are more than a few nobles, but most Louisianans are Catholic)
  • Cyan: Brethren (if Pirates of the Caribbean became a religion. One Jack Sparrow of Tortuga has made a name for himself as a powerful Brethren pirate)
  • Striped emerald green-tannish-red: Mixed Protestant majority ruled over by a Sunni Muslim minority (the Guyanas are very religiously pluralistic, owing to their colonial heritage)
  • Magenta: Incan paganism (Inti has been syncretized with the Christian God, as have much of other Incan practices)
  • Reddish-brown: Brazilian Apostolicism (one of the bajillion religions in Brazil, based on Brazilian Catholicism. Unlike North America, it never elected a Pope after the Event, and instead went on its own way as a seperate church)

I noticed after that I made it that the purple Black Hills state wasn't colored with a religion, so I'm gonna describe it here. In short, it's Americanist, and the folks of the Black Hills act as caretakers of Mount Rushmore, the greatest monument to the Founders west of the Mississippi
awsome how did you make it every time i try to upload a map the site tells me the files too large

Status
Not open for further replies.