2018 Presidential Election

You haven't already decided who the running mates will be?
Oh I didn't say that... I just said we are working on an article "in universe" for who Duke could pick (and yes the writing team have already made the decision), and the name of eventual nominee will be in that article, you are just going to have a guess who it is going to be!!! :)

mspence

Banned
Somebody suggested Franklin Hollis, which would be fun. But maybe Duke isn't as dumb as he acts and will actually pick someone more "normal."

Somebody suggested Franklin Hollis, which would be fun. But maybe Duke isn't as dumb as he acts and will actually pick someone more "normal."
I was the one suggesting Hollis, but now maybe Duke can make amends and pick Ben Laurion. He seems like an ideal pick for a Duke dumpster fire/campaign.

I was the one suggesting Hollis, but now maybe Duke can make amends and pick Ben Laurion. He seems like an ideal pick for a Duke dumpster fire/campaign.
Laurion is finished and not making a comeback, personally he and Duke can't stand each other either. He isn't on the long-list.

I don't think any governor or senator who has Presidential ambitions will want to be on that plane when it crashes and burns in November. They will all be looking forward to 2026 when after 8 years of Seaborn the Republican nomination may be worth a lot more

I don't think any governor or senator who has Presidential ambitions will want to be on that plane when it crashes and burns in November. They will all be looking forward to 2026 when after 8 years of Seaborn the Republican nomination may be worth a lot more
I thank at that point Jack Hunter would be the frontrunner.

NBS CAMPAIGN 2022 HEADER.png

Irving has no plans to suspend campaign

Saturday, April 23rd, 2022

Senator Jasper Irving (IL) announced this morning that he will not suspend his presidential campaign and will contest the five remaining primaries, despite his opponent Alan Duke (OK) having already accrued enough delegates to clinch the presidential nomination.

In a video released to supporters, Irving said he would remain a candidate to provide an outlet for Republicans "who believe in a reasonable, pragmatic vision for our party" and who "have concerns about the direction the party is taking."

The outgoing senator from Illinois did not refer to Duke by name in his message, instead saying that he had no illusions about dislodging the party's "presumptive nominee", only in providing an alternative for Republican voters in the five May primaries and called for Irving to suspend his campaign.

The Duke campaign put out a statement saying that Irving's decision was "self-aggrandizing" and "harmful" to the efforts to re-knit the party ahead of the general election.

I always laugh when Alan Duke talks about his faith. That seems awfully hypocritical. It doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do to disown your daughter because of who she is. It doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do to provoke a fight with a Governor from your own party by insulting his wife. It doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do to make up xenophobic charges against one of your opponents during the primaries.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do to disown your daughter because of who she is. It doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do to provoke a fight with a Governor from your own party by insulting his wife. It doesn't seem like a very Christian thing to do to make up xenophobic charges against one of your opponents during the primaries.
OK that needs to be a line Sam uses against him in a debate or it has to be in an ad that's just flooding the airwaves!