TL-191: Yankee Joe - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the U.S. Armed Forces

Well a battle between them immediately doesn't make sense. I think they would try to communicate first.
Well you got to remember, Tl191 soldier have Basically the same uniform as the German troops.
This could make the OTL troops when they see the Tl191 uniform is to "Shot now, Talks later" Mentality.
Same with the Tl191 soldier who shot that the Otl for mistake them as Confederate troops

Well you got to remember, Tl191 soldier have Basically the same uniform as the German troops.
This could make the OTL troops when they see the Tl191 uniform is to "Shot now, Talks later" Mentality.
Same with the Tl191 soldier who shot that the Otl for mistake them as Confederate troops
They are similar to German troops, but it has their own distinctions in their uniform and their accent would be American too.

They are similar to German troops, but it has their own distinctions in their uniform and their accent would be American too.
Well yeah that true, but even with the Distinction.
They would still seem Uniform like German and Helmet shape like a StahIhelm that will Them to Alarmed to Fire.

The only I agreed with you is the Accent will stop a Fight, but their Accent might will be different than Our.

Germany have more Influence in America than OTl, that mean they might Developed into own Accents with German Slangs and sounds.

We talked about Tl191 U.S Uniform, Equipment etc.
But I wonder something that Would be Interesting for this Thread
What if OTL US Soldiers meet the Tl191 US soldiers like with Encounters and they Reaction to each other.

First Scenario, the OTL encounter Tl191 American In the WW1.
This will be interesting with how German they are and even look like German dresses.

Second Scenario is Second World War encounter, this might be Deadly with the OTL U.S have same uniform with the Reb.

But if it’s turned into a Battlefield, Who will win? OTL U.S military or Tl191 U.S?
If it doesn’t turn into a War zone.
they will Confused about, how surprised they are with each other and How will their Conversation will be?

It be Interesting to watch 😁
Kind more Tragedy like this

Yeah Equipment and Arms is Important as well, but their one thing that the WW1 Americans have never

Extra Combat Experience and better Morales.

Tl191 Soldier know how to shoot, fought like hell and better Motivation than OTL troops.

No disrespect with Otl troops, but The vast majority of them don't seem combat.
They been fighting only seen Six of Months Well Tl191 have been fighting for 3 long hellish years.
Plus they have Better Motivation to fight than Otl counterpart.
Would you fought your hometown and saved Family from Southern Traitor or some Huns who faraway from Country beside "Make the World for safe Democracy"

So if WW1 U.S soldier's fight, I would said that Tl191 will win this Battle.

WW2 is a bit more tricky than WW1 one.
Both have fought for Four years, so they would have more less equal Battle Experience.
So I Don't know who will win ?
You never said in your earlier post when the ISOT of OTL troops to TL-191 would occur, whether it would be early in the war or during the late period.
If one side has more combat experience than the other then that side would most likely win, if late 1918 OTL US troops are sent to TL-191 at the beginning of the Great War,
OTL wins.
Same for WWII, the side with more experience wins but if both sides have equal experience, I still think the US OTL soldiers win.

Second Great War Union troops were armed with junk (for that time) compared to OTL USA and the CSA
Eh for small arms, which are arguably the least important weapons systems. We don't get much detail on the real important stuff, save a bit on tanks, where for most of the War 191 US had the edge over OTL US and the CSA

You never said in your earlier post when the ISOT of OTL troops to TL-191 would occur, whether it would be early in the war or during the late period.
If one side has more combat experience than the other then that side would most likely win, if late 1918 OTL US troops are sent to TL-191 at the beginning of the Great War,
OTL wins.
Same for WWII, the side with more experience wins but if both sides have equal experience, I still think the US OTL soldiers win.
Sorry I didn't mention that, I put the late WW1 U.S.s soldier in the Late stage of FGW. So I want to have a Equal match.
Same with the WW2 one,
but you forgot that Tl191 soldier have fought in Pittsburg aka American Stalingrad.
House to House fighting, have to fight tooth and line Against the Southern Inbred in the Invasion.
So SGW Tl191 soldier are Tought as nail, so WW2 U.S soldier will have the Tough time dealing with them.

But beside all this Battle crap.
What will be the Dialogue between them, How will they are along, would even be friendship in two Americans?

Sorry I didn't mention that, I put the late WW1 U.S.s soldier in the Late stage of FGW. So I want to have a Equal match.
Same with the WW2 one,
but you forgot that Tl191 soldier have fought in Pittsburg aka American Stalingrad.
House to House fighting, have to fight tooth and line Against the Southern Inbred in the Invasion.
So SGW Tl191 soldier are Tought as nail, so WW2 U.S soldier will have the Tough time dealing with them.

But beside all this Battle crap.
What will be the Dialogue between them, How will they are along, would even be friendship in two Americans?
Like I said experience goes a long way and WWII GIs who fought the Germans in 44-45 were some pretty tough MF's too, so it would be a tough and bloody battle but realistically speaking the fight wouldn't last too long or even start at all if the two sides decide to ask questions first and shoot later.

OTL troops would wonder what the hell is going on with TL troops wearing German looking uniforms but the TL-191 guys would be very suspicious of the OTL troops who look just like confederates and if the OTL troops have some southern boys in their outfit, there might be no convincing the TL guys that the OTL guys aren't lousy rebs.

OTL troops would wonder what the hell is going on with TL troops wearing German looking uniforms but the TL-191 guys would be very suspicious of the OTL troops who look just like confederates and if the OTL troops have some southern boys in their outfit, there might be no convincing the TL guys that the OTL guys aren't lousy rebs.
Tl191 Yankees might be Curious about the OTL Yank about their America.
OTL Yank will asked how they dealt with the Independence South.

If there was a Groups or even One Southern boys (Or one just Mormon)
Let's just said that OTl Troops would more than just few medkit.

Tl191 and OTL Troops will been suspension of Each other because the Uniform and weapons, but I think overtime that they might started to talked.
hell they might be friends

Like I said experience goes a long way and WWII GIs who fought the Germans in 44-45 were some pretty tough MF's too, so it would be a tough and bloody battle but realistically speaking the fight wouldn't last too long or even start at all if the two sides decide to ask questions first and shoot later.

I’d argue that OTL US troops would look more like Johnny Reb than they do T191 US Army types, but I doubt they look exactly like CS Army types (Especially if they’re wearing OD).

It’s even possible that, if the T191 troops are hauled in from some point after the Second Republic of Texas declares itself, OTL soldiers with Southern accents may not be an insuperable problem.

Also, if the OTL US Army soldiers are African Americans, there might well be no problems at all - or at least no immediate friendly fire problems.

I’d argue that OTL US troops would look more like Johnny Reb than they do T191 US Army types, but I doubt they look exactly like CS Army types (Especially if they’re wearing OD).

It’s even possible that, if the T191 troops are hauled in from some point after the Second Republic of Texas declares itself, OTL soldiers with Southern accents may not be an insuperable problem.

Also, if the OTL US Army soldiers are African Americans, there might well be no problems at all - or at least no immediate friendly fire problems.
And if its an army unit made up from a National Guard unit of a Southern state like Alabama or Georgia?
Bloodshed pure and simple but these are all what ifs and we'll never know for sure.

Tl191 troops probably be Confused and just Baffled at OTL African soldier.
It would be Equivalent of a Jewish rabbi wearing SS Uniform, it would be so Absurd to them.

African American who be equal as Baffled of these soldier.
These German soldier are Speaking with English perfect and American accent to booth.
It will be Strange and Weird for them, that these Unknown “Germans” troops would treated with Respect and Trusted for them Unlike with OTL troops

And if its an army unit made up from a National Guard unit of a Southern state like Alabama or Georgia?
Bloodshed pure and simple but these are all what ifs and we'll never know for sure.

True that.

Tl191 troops probably be Confused and just Baffled at OTL African soldier.
It would be Equivalent of a Jewish rabbi wearing SS Uniform, it would be so Absurd to them

Not, I would suspect, if they’re veterans of the First Great War who bumped up against the CSA coloured regiments; they might be disgusted by the idea of Featherston being that shameless, but the very notion of the South getting so desperately hypocritical would hardly shock the Old Guard.

African American who be equal as Baffled of these soldier.
These German soldier are Speaking with English perfect and American accent to booth.
It will be Strange and Weird for them, that these Unknown “Germans” troops would treated with Respect and Trusted for them Unlike with OTL troops

Well if they’re native English-speakers I doubt they’re speaking PERFECT English; nobody mangles a language like someone who can take their Mother Tongue for granted… 😉

Here’s a thought - wouldn’t the most interesting ISOT encounter between soldiers from Our History and troopers from T191 be a meeting between US Army soldiers participating in the manoeuvres of 1941 and US and/or CS Army soldiers massing ahead of Operation BLACKBEARD in that same year?

If nothing else the contrasts between these bodies of men would be intense (and it makes more sense that a weakening of the boundaries between parallels would allow Americans into a different North America than that it would somehow pull T191 Americans all the way to Europe or North Africa).

Also, just imagine the expression on some CS Army types face when they hear the magic words “President Roosevelt” and spend the next five
minutes (A) making sure this isn’t zombie TR (B) trying to puzzle out which of TRs boys pulled a Quincy (C) blurting “Franklin? Who ever heard of a Franklin Roosevelt?”

<T191 Northern officer looks smug, raises hand>

Here’s a thought - wouldn’t the most interesting ISOT encounter between soldiers from Our History and troopers from T191 be a meeting between US Army soldiers participating in the manoeuvres of 1941 and US and/or CS Army soldiers massing ahead of Operation BLACKBEARD in that same year?

If nothing else the contrasts between these bodies of men would be intense (and it makes more sense that a weakening of the boundaries between parallels would allow Americans into a different North America than that it would somehow pull T191 Americans all the way to Europe or North Africa).
Yeah that would be More interesting scenario.

God I bet they will be Confused and WTF is Happening

It does have a delightful TWILIGHT ZONE quality, eh? (Which suggests an interesting question - what does a United States of America that never lost the War of Secession look like in the speculative fiction of Timeline 191? I'll bet that writers circa AD 1961 would have an especially interesting time trying to answer that one).

Also, just imagine the expression on some CS Army types face when they hear the magic words “President Roosevelt” and spend the next five
minutes (A) making sure this isn’t zombie TR (B) trying to puzzle out which of TRs boys pulled a Quincy (C) blurting “Franklin? Who ever heard of a Franklin Roosevelt?”

<T191 Northern officer looks smug, raises hand>

OTL Troops: “Soldier, what is President Roosevelt

TL191 CS Troops: “What the fuck is a Roosevelt?”

OTL Troops: "Alright soldier, Stopped Joking around and Identified your units"

TL191 CS Troops: "I'm not Joking around, Billy boy and I don't know what the hell is a Roosevelt!"

OTL Troops: "Wait b-Billy Boy?! WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION SOLDIER!!!"

CS Troops: "IT IS YOU, YOU DAMN YANKEES AND GO BACK TO KRAUT LOVER SHIT NAME'S LITTLE GERMAN SHIT!!! HUN YANKS!!;"

Last edited:
It does have a delightful TWILIGHT ZONE quality, eh? (Which suggests an interesting question - what does a United States of America that never lost the War of Secession look like in the speculative fiction of Timeline 191? I'll bet that writers circa AD 1961 would have an especially interesting time trying to answer that one).
I bet it would Portrayed as "Ideals and Just World" that Should have Happened instead of what they got

OTL Troops: “Soldier, what is President Roosevelt

TL191 CS Troops: “What the fuck is a Roosevelt?”

OTL Troops: "Alright soldier, Stopped Joking around and Identified your units"

TL191 CS Troops: "I'm not Joking around, Billy boy and I don't know what the hell is a Roosevelt!"

OTL Troops: "Wait b-Billy Boy?! WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION SOLDIER!!!"

CS Troops: "IT IS YOU, YOU DAMN YANKEES AND GO BACK TO KRAUT LOVER SHIT NAME'S LITTLE GERMAN SHIT!!! HUN YANKS!!;"
? this makes no since to me. regardless of the war CS troops would remember TR, if from nothing else the scary stories their dads tell them before bed. if this is in the SGW/WWII then they would be confused as to why these yanks are referencing a man two decades dead.