These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

There's some very strong worldbuilding in the writing of this timeline, finding a good balance between full allohistory and OTL parallels. The alternate US is certainly one of the more interesting variations I've seen on this nation. I'm curious why and how the war against them turned so sour for the British Empire; what happened to all the regional rebellions in Texas, Louisiana, and the South in general? I really thought the US would come apart at the seams, but its internal dysfunction seems to have been drastically overstated. Then again, the foreign invasion seems to have paradoxically rallied the people behind Hogan. Better the devil you know?

what happened to all the regional rebellions in Texas, Louisiana, and the South in general?
if Ash allow it. basically this
Screenshot_2022-03-28 Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends Communities.png

Um, why Mexico sanctioned California?
I believe it was over refugee policy towards Americans.

This is correct, Mexico put them in place for Californias... erm, lackluster refugee policy

I live about a half hour from Mason. That was a surreal article to read.

Oh wow, I can only imagine!

These war updates hit differently in light of current events.

Just a little bit, yeah.

There's some very strong worldbuilding in the writing of this timeline, finding a good balance between full allohistory and OTL parallels. The alternate US is certainly one of the more interesting variations I've seen on this nation. I'm curious why and how the war against them turned so sour for the British Empire; what happened to all the regional rebellions in Texas, Louisiana, and the South in general? I really thought the US would come apart at the seams, but its internal dysfunction seems to have been drastically overstated. Then again, the foreign invasion seems to have paradoxically rallied the people behind Hogan. Better the devil you know?

Thank you very much! The regional rebellions were, by and large, put down and faded away in the face of a common enemy. One thing I must remind everyone is that the BBC, and the British Empire, might not be the most reliable narrator of events...

Out of curiousity, is there any rule or etiquette against posting stuff from the TFS Discord? I’ve shared info from there before since some things don’t make their way into the big updates.

No rules for crossposting! I am just normally very, very slow and some things (for me) are too minor to post here without more backing lore to them (the companies list is a good example, it will be posted with all descriptions). People are free to share whatever from the server!

[...]

No rules for crossposting! I am just normally very, very slow and some things (for me) are too minor to post here without more backing lore to them (the companies list is a good example, it will be posted with all descriptions). People are free to share whatever from the server!
ah, good to know

df32nx3-c0f7859f-6810-483e-b838-10cdfd7ab065.png

(This is canon, posted it on the TFS discord but have not yet posted it here. Special thanks to Kibbutznik, Tibby, Rausch and others on the discord for checking everything over and giving ideas!)

Last edited:
By the way, I'm fairly sure that a while ago I came across a huge ass pseudo-Wikipedia page about TFS' Great Britain, it was a full article I think - was it deleted, because I can't find it anywhere?

By the way, I'm fairly sure that a while ago I came across a huge ass pseudo-Wikipedia page about TFS' Great Britain, it was a full article I think - was it deleted, because I can't find it anywhere?
You must be mistaken I do not believe that has been made yet

This does not exist, you can confirm that by looking at graphics channel on the discord

This may sound unlikely, but did you once read @Major Crimson's Culture of the Fraternal Commonwealth article (readable Wikipedia:Sandbox version here; part of his Fear Nothing But God timeline), and misremembered it as part of These Fair Shores? It's the only full Wikipedia article for an alt-Britain I know of, discounting the famous New England article from this very timeline's previous incarnation, Our Fair Country.

Last edited: