I'm probably dead. The Philippines is overpopulated and in 2013, the military was at a bad state. I just graduated high school at the time of the Great Panic. If ever I'm alive, I never got the chance to experience college, get drunk, party, flirt with girls, and earn my degree.

Here's a fanfic set in the Philippines:

There's a story called The Way is Shut. Fans have considered it canon.

Yes, there are 23 million zombies just waiting to be let out once those rusty doors finally give way.

Here's another North Korea story about a UN expedition but it has not been continued:

Then another fanfic where North Korea does not collapse and enters a truce with South Korea:

In the other forum:

Ah yes I`ve read that wonderful fanfic. Ok thanks. I`m probably dead as well in this TL I would be a 24 year old disabled woman in Northern Ireland I don`t think that `s a survivable combination.
The Way Is Shut was in fact written by our very own @Cymraeg, over a decade ago

Give him a shout out!

in Philippines on Visayas Zombies next Earthquakes on Bohol can been worst.
The Bohol earthquake on October 15, 2013 would be the least of everyone's worries. Those Spanish-era churches would remain damaged well into the 2020s.
The Way Is Shut was in fact written by our very own @Cymraeg, over a decade ago

Give him a shout out!
I wish there is a sequel to it. Most North Korea fanfics end up being discontinued.

Don't forget the following PODs:

May 26, 2012: Miami Zombie Attack (a.k.a. "Causeway Cannibal") Police officials report a violent cannibal attack in Miami, Florida; initially blamed on the presence of bath salts in the bloodstream. Medical officials would later attribute the virus to the Solanum virus,...

July 3, 2012: Wenzhou Incident; Police and military officials report attacks by "jiangshi" (demonic spirits) in Wenzhou, sparking calls for an immediate crackdown by President Hu Jintao,...

October 10, 2012: Tensions mount throughout China, as reports of "jiangshi" (demonic spirits) attacks in the subway system of Guangzhou are posted on the Internet, shattering the Chinese government line that the situation is "under control"...

Last edited:
July 3, 2012: Wenzhou Incident; Police and military officials report attacks by "jiangshi" (demonic spirits) in Wenzhou, sparking calls for an immediate crackdown by President Xi Jinpeng,...
He only became President in 2013 and Hu Jintao would have been President at this point.

Don't forget the following PODs:

May 26, 2012: Miami Zombie Attack (a.k.a. "Causeway Cannibal") Police officials report a violent cannibal attack in Miami, Florida; initially blamed on the presence of bath salts in the bloodstream. Medical officials would later attribute the virus to the Solanum virus,...

July 3, 2012: Wenzhou Incident; Police and military officials report attacks by "jiangshi" (demonic spirits) in Wenzhou, sparking calls for an immediate crackdown by President Hu Jintao,...

October 10, 2012: Tensions mount throughout China, as reports of "jiangshi" (demonic spirits) attacks in the subway system of Guangzhou are posted on the Internet, shattering the Chinese government line that the situation is "under control"...
I totally forgot to add the Miami zombie incident. In this case, it's probably those minor attacks that were dealt with the Alpha Teams.

In that case, the Chinese government did acknoweldge them as zombies. They were cover-up as dissidents or enemies-of-the-state that were trying to subvert the ideals of the Communist Party.
He only became President in 2013 and Hu Jintao would have been President at this point.
Not the less, Xi Jinping would have already known about the zombies as he was Vice President then became General Secretary in 2012. He then would inherit a country that would see itself outnumbered for the first time in history.

I totally forgot to add the Miami zombie incident. In this case, it's probably those minor attacks that were dealt with the Alpha Teams.

In that case, the Chinese government did acknoweldge them as zombies. They were cover-up as dissidents or enemies-of-the-state that were trying to subvert the ideals of the Communist Party.

Not the less, Xi Jinping would have already known about the zombies as he was Vice President then became General Secretary in 2012. He then would inherit a country that would see itself outnumbered for the first time in history.

also the Chinese PLA drafting civilians as Conscripts to fight the Zombies only got failed.

Consider that the following things would certainly take place:

July 28, 2008: GOP presidential candidate John McCain undergoes surgery for melanoma tumor, fueling concern about a cancer diagnosis, sparking international attention and concern, sparking national debate,...

June 17, 2009: President John McCain calls for the deployment of U.S. troops into the Persian Gulf, after being heard singing "Bomb, Bomb Iran", with Vice-President Sarah Palin, fueling fears of an escalating political crisis,...

June 12, 2010: Tensions mount as John McCain calls for military aid to the Iranian opposition, the People's Mojahedin of Iran (PMOI), fueling a political crackdown on rebels in Kurdish and Sunni regions of the country,....

February 26, 2012: Trayvon Martin is shot and killed by George Zimmerman in Sandford, Florida, highlighting race relations amidst reports of police brutality, sparking national controversy,...

July 20, 2013: Times Square Riot; Police brutally crackdown on Black Lives Matter protests in Times Square in New York City, New York, amidst claims of a zombie outbreak, sparking cries of racism,...

November 15, 2013: Robert F. Kennedy Jr., leads a rally in Washington D.C., warning of the danger of "vaccine injuries", sparking political tensions across the country regarding the McCain federal vaccine mandates,...

November 23, 2013: Actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Sarah Michelle Gellar spark controversy by touting "fact-based parenting" as reason for their opposition to vaccine mandates, sparking international attention and concern,....

April 12, 2014: Actress/model Jenny McCarthy claims during a rally in Los Angeles, California, that the rise of "zombie outbreaks" can be attributed to "vaccine injuries", fueling anti-vaccine sentiment nationwide,...

July 14, 2014: African-American Eric Garner is shot and killed by police in Long Island, New York, amidst claims that Garner was mistakenly identified as a zombie, sparking civil unrest across the United States,....

July 22, 2014: Long Island Riots; African-American community members riot in Long Island, New York, after video is released, showing the death of Eric Garner, showing that Garner was not a zombie at the time of his arrest, ...

July 20, 2013: Times Square Riot; Police brutally crackdown on Black Lives Matter protests in Times Square in New York City, New York, amidst claims of a zombie outbreak, sparking cries of racism,...

November 15, 2013: Robert F. Kennedy Jr., leads a rally in Washington D.C., warning of the danger of "vaccine injuries", sparking political tensions across the country regarding the McCain federal vaccine mandates,...

November 23, 2013: Actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Sarah Michelle Gellar spark controversy by touting "fact-based parenting" as reason for their opposition to vaccine mandates, sparking international attention and concern,....

April 12, 2014: Actress/model Jenny McCarthy claims during a rally in Los Angeles, California, that the rise of "zombie outbreaks" can be attributed to "vaccine injuries", fueling anti-vaccine sentiment nationwide,...

July 14, 2014: African-American Eric Garner is shot and killed by police in Long Island, New York, amidst claims that Garner was mistakenly identified as a zombie, sparking civil unrest across the United States,....

July 22, 2014: Long Island Riots; African-American community members riot in Long Island, New York, after video is released, showing the death of Eric Garner, showing that Garner was not a zombie at the time of his arrest, ...
Anything beyond May 2013 in OTL would be butterflied away. There is no BLM here. These may however, occur in some forms along survivor communities.

Anything beyond May 2013 in OTL would be butterflied away. There is no BLM here. These may however, occur in some forms along survivor communities.
As seen by the actual BLM protests and Antifa protests in OTL, quarantine orders and vaccine mandates will not stop protesters. Just remember that even with the massive casualties and scientific evidence, people will continue to believe conspiracy theories regarding the virus and its vaccine....

As seen by the actual BLM protests and Antifa protests in OTL, quarantine orders and vaccine mandates will not stop protesters. Just remember that even with the massive casualties and scientific evidence, people will continue to believe conspiracy theories regarding the virus and its vaccine....
Too bad the zombies don't care about if you are a conservative or a liberal, Democrat or Republican.

As such, I do believe some Christian fundies or KKK will try to carve out an ethnostate in the South.

It was mentioned that African-American gangsters took over Chicago's Sears/Willis Tower and turned it into a kingpin.

Too bad the zombies don't care about if you are a conservative or a liberal, Democrat or Republican.

As such, I do believe some Christian fundies or KKK will try to carve out an ethnostate in the South.

It was mentioned that African-American gangsters took over Chicago's Sears/Willis Tower and turned it into a kingpin.
Don't worry, there will be items to flag the ethnostate division:

April 27, 2014: Right-wing white nationalist Cliven Bundy proclaims the "sovereign state of Nevada" in Carson City, Nevada, proclaiming independence from the United States, sparking international attention and concern,....

November 3, 2014: Michael Peroutka of Anne Arundel, Maryland proclaims the "revival" of the Confederate States of America, fueling civil unrest and panic, with local militias targeting ethnic communities, predominantly African-American and Asian-American,....

December 3, 2014: Oath Keepers arrive in Ferguson, Missouri to "provide security"; Police reports state that the militia group terrorized mainly African-American protesters, fueling tensions with the Powell Administration,....

January 28, 2015: Oath Keepers led by Rick Barclay and George Backes seize control of Sugar Pine County, Oregon after discovering a gold mine, proclaiming an "sovereign citizen sanctuary" in defiance of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM),....

February 19, 2015: Christian fundamentalist Richard Land proclaims in the Washington Post that President Powell is "responsible for the racial divisions" across the United States of America..."

April 23, 2015: Operation GOLD RUSH; Oath Keepers led by Rick Barclay and George Backes proclaim Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana as the "American Redoubt", sparking international attention and concern,...

May 27, 2015: Dennis Pu'uhouna "Bumpy" Kanahele proclaims the sovereignty of Hawaii, during a rally in Honolulu, further heightening ethnic and political tensions nationwide,....

January 2, 2016: Right-wing nationalist Cliven Bundy proclaims the "liberation" of Malheur National Wildlife Park, in Harney County, Oregon, sparking international attention and concern,....

July 17, 2016: Baton Rouge Massacre; Gavin Eugene Long engages in a massive shootout in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, proclaiming independence for the state of Louisiana, highlighting religious and ethnic tensions in the South,...

I think it's implied that "The Whako" was Howard Dean and that the President that cracked up after Yonkers was Colin Powell himself

Looking at the safe zones established by the American government in World War Z, I was 12-13 years back then and I would have ended up in one of them with my family assuming it isn't breached by the zombies.

One big problem with World War Z being a straight adaptation is Nelson Mandela (a.k.a. "Madiba", "Dalibunga") was out of office in 1999, a full 14 years before the events of the story, and dead in 2013, and yet he is credited for creating the strategy to defend South African cities and villages,

Last edited:
Didn't Paul Redeker do that? Mandela just supported the Plan and used his clout to get it passed by the South African government. You could have some other old ANC politician support the pan.

One big problem with World War Z being a straight adaptation is Nelson Mandela (a.k.a. "Madiba", "Dalibunga") was out of office in 1999, a full 14 years before the events of the story, and dead in 2013, and yet he is credited for creating the strategy to defend South African cities and villages,

Didn't Paul Redeker do that? Mandela just supported the Plan and used his clout to get it passed by the South African government. You could have some other old ANC politician support the pan.
Mandela still has some influence over South African politics. Also he survives here past his OTL death date.

(Of course Max Brooks would have never known that Mandela would die in 2013 and the Russia would support Ukrainian separatists in 2014 since the book was published in 2006).