The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

This is also as a result of making patches, this time for the Rann of Kuutch;
rann2.1.png

Taken from this;
Rann-of-Kutch-2021-Annotated.jpg

What do you think about creating a Biome/Ecoregion map. With Ecoregions in the same Biome mapped with similar colours.

Wwfeco.png
I actually think that's a great idea for a Q-BAM map. Especially if we use the ecoregions as defined on One Earth's website as a template. I'd take a more active role in doing that if I knew how to align their exact ecoregions to the Q-Bam map especially due to all of the maps that they use on their site being JPEGs compared to the PNGs used for the Q-BAM map . The most I can do at the moment is provide this link to their general bioregions overview page for more detail into the specific bioregions that could be used in the map due to my lack of knowledge on that front.

Patch for Russo-Ukrainian War
Early February 26th, 2022 • Start of Kyiv Offensive

751BE476-A90B-4749-B31E-8B24E88F076A.png

*PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I know that my claimed territory “dots” are off, I don’t understand quite how to make them. Also, if anyone can tell me an easier way to make occupation stripes than by hand that would be greatly appreciated, much thanks

Crazy Boris

Banned

View attachment 721854

*PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I know that my claimed territory “dots” are off, I don’t understand quite how to make them. Also, if anyone can tell me an easier way to make occupation stripes than by hand that would be greatly appreciated, much thanks

If you’re using paint.net, you can make a striped area easily by selecting both colors and switching the paint bucket full from full to whichever type of stripe you want.

View attachment 721854

If you're using MSPaint, you can follow the instructions laid out here in 2008(!) by @Thande

(The 'skew' mechanism in more modern MSPaint versions is, perhaps unintuitively, located in the menu that appears on clicking 'Resize'.)

88q2w2t.png

Hope its not interfering with the current project.
I made a quick rough Hydrological map.
Based it on the Robinson 8K map.
I've completely dropped that project, I don't have the time really to do much more than just lurk, with maybe some minor patches here and there, I'm really excited to see someone else doing this work though, especially someone with your skill