The Cold-Hearted Swot

How come there are four of the new Electorates if they have five colors?
That was a typo, thank's for pointing that out
When was the French capital moved to Fontaineblau?
The history of how Fontaineblau came to be the capital of France begins with the Bourbons, who, although never building Versailles to the same extent as it was in OTL, maintained Fontaineblau as the de facto capital of France away from Paris, it slowly developing into a forbidden-city-esque palatial capital. During the 19th century Fontaineblau became a "mini-Paris" as a middle-sized city, with the two being seen as "twin capitals"
The official move to make Fontaineblau the capital came during the Great War, when, as France begun to lose and be invaded, the French government decided to "retreat" to the more defensible Fontaineblau as Paris became threatened by British incursions. When the war ended, the fact that Paris was a scarred husk of its former self and was barely controllable due to uprisings, while the rest of France wasn't in much better of a situation, resulted on the French government deciding to officially change the capital to Fontaineblau.
Are there any regions in Africa that have been "Europeanized" besides the North African coast?
Yes,

Since this is a matter that can (and deserves to) be made into a full post, which I am now drafting on my head, I'm not going to say anything else for now and keep it infuriatingly vague (I tried writing a short answer and I couldn't stop making it sound weird)
Was Annobón a former British colony taken by Columbia during independence or is it always Columbian?
Annobón was originally a Portuguese colony gained by the British in 1701 with the marriage of Henry XI & I and Princess Catherine of Portugal. As a de facto feudal colony owned by the British Crown, it was given as an estate to the future Arthur I of Columbia when he became Duke of Wiltshire, and later became a part of Columbia when he declared independence.
The island did return to British control during the Great War, but was given back to Columbia after it ended (if with a new legal status, being made into a pseudo-condominium between the two as a "member state" of both the Commonwealth and Columbia, while also in personal union with the latter)
Which monarch has opened the most Olympics? Can include both in person appearences and ones through an representative.
Ever since the first Olympic Games occurred in 1857, quite a few monarchs major and minor have opened them, with the "winner" as of 2030 for most openings being the late Emperor Antonio II of Mexico (1950-2018), who hosted a total of five of them over the course of his life (three summer and two winter)
Who is the ancestor of the Haitian monarchy?
The Haitian monarchy's origins trace back to the 18th century, when Louis XVI adopted Étienne Almicar, an African slave originally gifted to him and his wife, who ordered him freed, baptized and adopted.
Although considered simply "an amusement" by many at the French Court, Almicar developed a close friendship with Louis XVII and, after serving on the French military, was appointed by his friend as the Governor General of Saint-Domingue, and he and his descendants became the colony's seniormost family, intermarrying with both the local mixed-race aristocracy and the French nobility.
A few generations later, with the Great War, Saint-Domingue, after remaining loyal to France until being conquered, became for a while an oligarchic republic, before racial tensions and near civil war saw the Almicars' head at the time, Auguste (who was himself the brother-in-law of Louisiane's Emperor), be elected as Haiti's first native king

The American Lordships. Sorry for being unclear.
Oh, no problem.
All the capitals are actually named on the map's key!
1645913829023.png

Now, if your question is about where they are located and I just misinterpreted it:
- Boston, Buckingham, Annapolis, Worchester, Roanoke and Providence are all on their OTL locations
- Remkoke is where Scranton, Pennsylvania, is located in OTL
- Belmont is the geographic equivalent of OTL Pittsburgh
- The Citadel is in a hazy place between Charlotte and Greensboro in North Carolina
- Kleefeld is around the same place as Olean, New York
- Peachtree is the geographic equivalent of OTL Atlanta
- Abergwyngregyn is located around the same area as OTL Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Oakport is the equivalent of OTL Wilmington, North Carolina
- Alfsborg is located where Wilmington, Delaware, is in OTL
- Hrotgar is located around OTL Rutland, Vermont
- Riverhead is an actual OTL town in Long Island, located on the mouth of the Peconic River on the island's east
- and Sleepy Hollow is the orange dot encircled by New Amsterdam's territory (no specific OTL counterpart, I think)

1. Who's the closest equivalent to OTL Queen Elizabeth II in this TL?
  2. What was the first royal wedding to be filmed/televised, British or otherwise?
  3. Who is the longest-reigning female monarch that is living?
  4. Who is the ancestor of the Ukrainian monarchy?
  5. Did Norway had a recent succession crisis?
  6. Who is the oldest Columbian High Lord?

I have a few questions.
1. What is the reigning house of the Mexican Empire and where did it originate?
2. Is the Brazilian Empire the same as OTL or different?
3. Who is the Tsar of Alyaska?
4. Who is the current reigning Holy Roman Emperor?

Who's the closest equivalent to OTL Queen Elizabeth II in this TL?
Man, that's a question with multiple answers.

Like, I could go with the simple answer and say it is Augusta, the Empress of the Isles from 1957 to 2005, since if you think on a national level her reign and legacy on the empire is rather similar to Elizabeth II.
But then, unlike Liz, Augusta is less of an "icon" internationally than Elizabeth is, with the title of closest ITTL equivalent to her on that area probably being a tie between Albert V of Prussia, the Grand Empress Dowager of the HRE, and the Empress of Korea
What was the first royal wedding to be filmed/televised, British or otherwise?
That is an interesting question... (mostly because I hadn't though about it yet)

Generally speaking, technology ITTL developed a tad faster than OTL, and as such the first royal wedding to have any part of it filmed (although only a short 10-seconds clip of the couple leaving the church) was that of Cazonci José Tzitzipandáquare V, Tarascan Monarch, to Princess Amélia Clara of México, in 1855. The first royal wedding to be recorded from start to finish, in turn, occurred a few decades later, in 1894.

The first royal wedding to be televised was actually that of the future Empress Augusta to Prince Anthony of Fulda, in 1937
Who is the longest-reigning female monarch that is living?
Currently the longest-reigning living female monarch in the world is the aforementiones Empress of Korea, Deoksuk, who has sat on the Phoenix Throne for the past 69 years
Who is the ancestor of the Ukrainian monarchy?
I'm not sure how to answer that, ancestor I which sense?
Did Norway had a recent succession crisis?
What makes you ask?
Who is the oldest Columbian High Lord?
Much like on the OG timeline, the oldest of the Columbian High Lords is Richard V of the Banks, who was born in 1939 and is in fact the grandfather, grandfather-in-law or great-grandfather of a few of his "colleagues"
What is the reigning house of the Mexican Empire and where did it originate?
The reigning house of Mexico is colloquially known as the House of Veracruz-Manauhac, their "general" origins are that they, like many of the branches of the Hapsburgs in the Americas, descend from Don Pedro of Austria, one of the illegitimate sons of Felipe II who relocated to New Spain in the 1570s in what was a de facto exile, being in specific one of the branches descended from his eldest son
Is the Brazilian Empire the same as OTL or different?
That's something difficult to say. Like, what would be "same as OTL" and what would be "different"?

(I want to answer the question, but I'm sincerely unsure what it is about, like, is it about how independence occured ITTL? How it differs from the OTL Brazilian Empire in relation to society and government?)
Who is the Tsar of Alyaska?
Currently Alyaska is ruled by Tsar Vladimir IV, and while I don't have much to say about him (mainly due to a lack of focus on Alyaska), my best description of him would be "Bob Ross in the body of a half-inuit Alexander III"
Who is the current reigning Holy Roman Emperor?
The current Holy Roman Emperor is Franz I, who assumed the throne at the age of 13 and is by marriage half-uncle to the current Emperor of the Isles.

I'm not sure how to answer that, ancestor I which sense?
The ancestor of the Tsars of the Dynastic Tsardom of the Ukraine.
What makes you ask?
Because in the OG timeline, Magnus VIII of Norway didn't have any children with his wife Charlotte of the United Isles.
The first royal wedding to be recorded from start to finish, in turn, occurred a few decades later, in 1894.
Which one was that specifically?

Last edited:
That's something difficult to say. Like, what would be "same as OTL" and what would be "different"?

(I want to answer the question, but I'm sincerely unsure what it is about, like, is it about how independence occured ITTL? How it differs from the OTL Brazilian Empire in relation to society and government?)
Is it the descendant of the Kingdom of Portugal or is it native or another European country?

The ancestor of the Tsars of the Dynastic Tsardom of the Ukraine.
The reason I asked "ancestor in which sense" is mainly because ITTL Russia's history is a tad different (the Rurikids never got extinct for starters) so I had to think about how I would give an answer (since depending on it, it would need a rundown of Russia's ITTL history to make sense)

The specific individual who became the first dynastic tsar of Ukraine was one of the sons of the TL's equivalent to Catherine the Great, and the branch of the family, although considered legitimate Rurikids, is known as the "House of Sumbecov" or "Vladmirov-Sumbecov", as due to marriages it is on the male line the main branch of a house established by an illegitimate son of Ivan the Terrible with Söyembikä (normally "russianized" as Sumbecca or Syumbike), Xanbikä of Kazan
Because in the OG timeline, Magnus VIII of Norway didn't have any children with his wife Charlotte of the United Isles.
Oh, yeah, makes sense why you would ask.

Norway didn't, in fact, have a succession crisis in recent times. While it is true that, much like in the OG tl, Magnus VIII and Charlotte didn't have children together, their marriage was a love match when both were in their early 30s and Magnus himself was already twice-widowed (both times due to his wife dying due to childbirth) with children, and while they could've tried, Magnus himself had no interest in "risking it" in relation to Charlotte and them having biological children together.

Ironically enough, though, Magnus VIII himself assumed the throne of Norway following a succession crisis/short civil war, with the reason why he and Charlotte knew eachother enough to be on a love-match being that they were childhood friends from the time he lived in exile with his family in the Isles

(Charlotte and Magnus were actually inspired by the OTL marriage of Louise Mountbatten and Gustav VI Adolf of Sweden, who were 34 and 41 when they married, with Gustav being her first cousin-once-removed's widower, in a love match and didn't have children together (although Louise did give birth to a stillborn daughter in 1925))
Which one was that specifically?
It was the marriage of Manuel, Grand Prince of São Paulo, Duke of Alcântara, etc., etc., etc., (future Emperor of Brazil) to Antônia, Crown Princess of Malnegro, Princess of the Rio Grande of São Pedro, etc., etc., (future Antônia II of Malnegro)
Is it the descendant of the Kingdom of Portugal or is it native or another European country?
It is like OTL, with Brazil having been a colony/part of Portugal before independence

1. Did Anna Maria I of the Netherlands abdicate?
  2. Does the House of Braganza rule the Lusitan United Monarchy, and if not what territory do they rule?
  3. Who is the youngest HR-GE Elector?
  4. Does Alyaska have sub-national monarchies?
  5. Do any American monarchs have Asian ancestry?
  6. When did the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth stop being a elective monarchy?

Did Anna Maria I of the Netherlands abdicate?
Yes, she did and, in actuality, lived more years retired than reigning
Does the House of Braganza rule the Lusitan United Monarchy, and if not what territory do they rule?
No, it does not, the Lusitan United Monarchy is ruled by a ITTL branch of the House of Avis.
ITTL the Dukes of Braganza are the only nobles in the LUM to have not only retained any true feudal authority but to have their fief, the Duchy of Braganza, be recognized as an administrative division of the country in the same rank as provinces, having what basically amounts to a princely state within it, while the title "Duke of Braganza" is considered a government office and one of the three noble titles in Portugal declared "perpetual".

Although branches of the family can be found as nobles across the Americas (although mainly in Brazil), the family only came to rule over any fully sovereign territory through marriage, with hyphenated branches being on the thrones of Castile & Leon, Ndongo and Matamba
Who is the youngest HR-GE Elector?
The youngest among the current electors (counting the Emperor in his nature as King of Bohemia) is the Elector of Hanover, who inherited the title from his uncle at the age of 17 in 2025
Does Alyaska have sub-national monarchies?
Well, yes, but no, but actually yes.

What I mean by that is that it does, but also doesn't. You see, Alyaska recognizes "ethnic monarchs", a position that comes with estates, government positions, de facto a court and an unnoficial "territory", but doesn't recognize any territorial sub-national monarchies, only ethnic monarchs that don't rule any official differently-administrated state; what it does recognize are "Fiefdoms", which are de facto sub-national monarchies (and in many cases the "fiefs" of the previously-mentioned ethnic monarchs) but officially seen as "differently-ruled noble estates"
Do any American monarchs have Asian ancestry?
Yes of course. The presence of Ujian/Iapam alone has meant that for a long while the nobility and royalty of the Catholic parts of the Americas have had some amount of Asian (in specific Japanese) ancestry.
Outside that, the main examples are the previously-seen Count Palatine of Providence, whose mother is an Anglo-Cantonese noblewoman directly related to Chinese royalty; the King of Quito, agnatically a member of the Lê Dynasty; and the Grand Princess of Darien, who is married to a Sri Lankan Prince and is the daughter of a Bruneian princess
When did the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth stop being a elective monarchy?
Well, it is still elective, but it also never really stopped being hereditary;
ITTL, although Poland-Lithuania still was created as an elective monarchy and the Jagiellonian dynasty still died-out, Sigismund II Augustus' succession wasn't as uncertain, as unlike OTL he had a clear heir in the form of Sigismund of Brandenburg, his 34-year-old half-nephew (being the son of Sigismund the Old's eldest daughter, Hedwig, from his first marriage), and because of that royal succession on the commonwealth, while elective, basically followed the same manner as the HRE (if with Hedwig of Poland's existence making women being elected as "king" a possibility, with their husband being elected with them)

No, it does not, the Lusitan United Monarchy is ruled by a ITTL branch of the House of Avis.
ITTL the Dukes of Braganza are the only nobles in the LUM to have not only retained any true feudal authority but to have their fief, the Duchy of Braganza, be recognized as an administrative division of the country in the same rank as provinces, having what basically amounts to a princely state within it, while the title "Duke of Braganza" is considered a government office and one of the three noble titles in Portugal declared "perpetual".
Who are the other two? The Dukes of Aveiro and Cadaval, perhaps?

Well, yes, but no, but actually yes.

What I mean by that is that it does, but also doesn't. You see, Alyaska recognizes "ethnic monarchs", a position that comes with estates, government positions, de facto a court and an unnoficial "territory", but doesn't recognize any territorial sub-national monarchies, only ethnic monarchs that don't rule any official differently-administrated state; what it does recognize are "Fiefdoms", which are de facto sub-national monarchies (and in many cases the "fiefs" of the previously-mentioned ethnic monarchs) but officially seen as "differently-ruled noble estates"
Who are current reigning ethnic monarchs?

1. How long did the (Older) Borbon Family Pact last for?
  2. What was the first coronation to be filmed/televised, British or otherwise?
  3. Which Olympic Games did Antionio II of Mexico open specifically?
  4. Who is the oldest HR-GE Elector?
  5. Who is the youngest Columbian High Lord?
  6. Who's the cloeset equivalent to OTL's Marie Antoinette in this TL?
  7. Did Eric II of Newden's father abdicate and acted as his son's regent until his death in 1991?
  8. Is Richard III of the United Provinces the son of Alphonse I?

Who are current reigning ethnic monarchs?
Sorry for the wait on answering this question, and sorry a bit for the answer.
You see, the question about who are the current reigning ethnic monarchs of Alyaska (whose official title in the country means something on the lines of "Blood Ruler") catched me a bit by surprise since I hadn't really put much though on who those monarchs were. I have tried making a comprehensive list, but then entered a rabbit hole of confusion over wich groups have a official monarch and which ones do not (since I was sort-of basing myself on the native monarchs in South Africa and decided to keep the number of ethnic monarchs to 26). Because of that, as of now I can't answer your question completely.

There is currently only one of those monarchs that I have both decided on and thought anything about: Vyacheslav III, born in 1937, Dalekt (ITTL Nez Perce) monarch since 1984. The oldest of the current ethnic monarchs, directly before his ascension he was the Premier Consul of Alyaska (equivalent to the OTL US Secretary of State) since 1978, and remained on the position for five more years before retiring. He also is the grandfather-in-law of the Alyaskan Tsar, and during his youth participated on the Olympics, competing on eventing two times, leaving the first with silver and the second with gold
How long did the (Older) Borbon Family Pact last for?
At first when I read the question I had a brief "blue screen" moment not understanding it, but then I got that it was caused by me messing-up words.
The "Younger" on the name of the Borbon Family Pact isn't meant to be a reference to a chronologically older pact, but that the members of the pact are ruled by "junior" branches of the House of Bourbon, since they are mainly older branches or branches-of-branches and not closely tied to the French Branch (the Bourbon's have a classification of the family's cadets that internally consideres branches who remain in France more "senior" than those who live outside of it, with each branch's closeness to the family's seniormost/main line coming after that)
Sorry for the mess-up
What was the first coronation to be filmed/televised, British or otherwise?
The first coronation to be filmed in any way was of the previously mentioned José Tzitzipandáquare V, in 1852, although it was only a few-seconds shot of his procession leaving the Fuegoterno Cathedral in Tzintzuntzan. After that, the first coronation to be filmed from start to finish was actually that of Elizabeth III of the Isles in 1892.

The first coronation to be televised, though, was that of Emperor Antonio I of Mexico (1900-1967) in 1935
Which Olympic Games did Antionio II of Mexico open specifically?
Antonio II opened the 1969 Summer Olympics on Veracruz, the 1979 Winter Olympics on Santa Maria del Calvario (OTL Squaw Valley), the 1993 Summer Olympics on Pátzcuaro (together with the Tarascan Cazonci), the 2005 Summer Olympics on Veracruz, and the 2011 Winter Olympics on Albina (OTL Donner Pass area)
Who is the oldest HR-GE Elector?
The oldest of the current electors is the Elector of Pappenheim, Joachin III Wilhelm, who was born in 1942
Who is the youngest Columbian High Lord?
The youngest of the Columbian High Lords is the current Grand Viceroy of Vandalia, Ludwig (or Louis) IV, who was born in 2023 and assumed the position in 2028 (he is also the first in line to the Viceroyalty of Worchester)
Who's the cloeset equivalent to OTL's Marie Antoinette in this TL?
That's a question I hadn't though about, I'm not even sure I have an answer to it.

I would say that the British monarchs have had two "pseudo-Marie Antoinette" figures, the first wife of Edward VII and the Empress consort of Alexander IV, but in both of those cases is more of a "if you squint" situation. With Edward VII's first wife having a similar public opinion to Marie Antoinette while Alexander's wife has more of the fashion-related traits (and had "Marie Antoinette Syndrome", if with being much more popular among both the general population and among the nobility/court
Did Eric II of Newden's father abdicate and acted as his son's regent until his death in 1991?
No, Eric II's father died while he was still Viceroy
Is Richard III of the United Provinces the son of Alphonse I?
Yes

Last edited: