Fate of Switzerland without Napoleon or the French Revolution

After trawling through the board, I have found threads on "No Switzerland", "Partitioned Switzerland", "Mega Switzerland" etc., but I can't seem to find any discussion on what happens to Switzerland without the French Revolution or Napoleon.

So, assuming it remains independent, and doesn't get invaded (at least not too badly), how would it develop?

The Old Swiss Confederacy was the political equivalent of a Venn Diagram, comprised of cantons, half-cantons, associates, protectorates, condominiums and various other subjects. Some were confederations, whilst others were confederations of confederations, some of which had their own subjects.

Old_Confederacy_18th_centur.png

Could the associates eventually be admitted as full cantons?

Would the condominiums, protectorates and other subjects also become cantons? Might some of them just get annexed or partitioned between the other cantons?

Any thoughts?

After trawling through the board, I have found threads on "No Switzerland", "Partitioned Switzerland", "Mega Switzerland" etc., but I can't seem to find any discussion on what happens to Switzerland without the French Revolution or Napoleon.

So, assuming it remains independent, and doesn't get invaded (at least not too badly), how would it develop?

The Old Swiss Confederacy was the political equivalent of a Venn Diagram, comprised of cantons, half-cantons, associates, protectorates, condominiums and various other subjects. Some were confederations, whilst others were confederations of confederations, some of which had their own subjects.

Old_Confederacy_18th_centur.png

Could the associates eventually be admitted as full cantons?

Would the condominiums, protectorates and other subjects also become cantons? Might some of them just get annexed or partitioned between the other cantons?

Any thoughts?
Swiss state reform likely won't happen for far longer if ever.