Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose, Tulips, and Liberty: The Federal Republic of the Philippines in 1933, by Maharlikan_
Rose, Tulips, and Liberty: The Federal Republic of the Philippines in 1933
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Philippines (Spanish: Filipinas); (Filipino: Pilipinas), officially the Federal Republic of the Philippines (Spanish: Republica Federal de Filipinas); (Filipino: Pederal na Republika ng Pilipinas), is an archipelagic country located in Southeast Asia. It is situated in the western Pacific Ocean, and consists of about 9000+ islands, that are broadly categorized under five main geographical divisions from north to south: Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao, Borneo Del Norte, Maluku del Norte, Papua, Espiritu Santu Islands, Palau Islands, Marianas Islands, Caroline Islands and Marshall Islands. The Philippines is bounded by the South China Sea to the west, the Philippine Sea to the east, the Celebes and Moluccas Seas to the southwest, and shares maritime borders with Taulandt to the north, Japan to the northeast, the Dutch East Indies to the south, Dutch Malakka and French Borneo to the southwest, Vietnam to the west, and the Wah-hah Republic to the northwest.

Negritos, some of the archipelago's earliest inhabitants, were followed by successive waves of Austronesian peoples. Adoption of Animism, Hinduism and Islam established island-kingdoms called Kedatuans, Lakanates, Rajahnates and Sultanates. The arrival of Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese explorer leading a fleet for Spain, marked the beginning of Spanish colonization. In 1543, Spanish explorer Ruy López de Villalobos named the archipelago Las Islas Filipinas in honor of Philip II of Spain. The Colonies were governed through the Viceroyalty of New Spain from 1565 to 1872 when the Archipelago, along with all of Spain's dependencies and protectorates in Southeast Asia, is reformed and re-established as its own Viceroyalty. During this time, Catholicism became the dominant religion, and Manila became the western hub of trans-Pacific trade. In 1896, the Communard-inspired Katipunan Insurrection began and almost led to the complete overthrow of Spanish rule if not for the Spanish capture and execution of its founder, Mayo de Pag-Asa, and their subsequent strings of victories against the Katipunan in the nine provinces of Batangas, Bulacan, Cavite, Manila, Morong, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga and Tarlac. The revolt unofficially ended in October 28, 1897 through the signing of the Treaty of Malolos and the voluntary exile of the remaining Katipunan leadership to Kwongchou, but several katipunan factions would continue fighting on until 1916. The transition to Independence would finally occur after majority voted for Independence in Spain's referendum after its Republican Revolution in 1929. A New Constitution was created and approved by the Spanish Government in a plebiscite on June 12, 1931, with a five-year transitory period to independence...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Second map of the year 2022, and also my first official contribution to the Rose, Tulips, and Liberty project. This map portrays the Philippines in 1933 after its first major administrative reorganization in both Metropolitan Philippines and their Papuan Mandate. These borders won't last long however, as there would be another major reorganization in the 1940s that would result to the modern state that are now present in the country, but that's for another day.

If you're curious about the full lore, you can read more about it here:

https://rtl.miraheze.org/wiki/Philippines
(it's still WIP after 1930s)

dez91vn-192fca0d-2b7e-4c7c-8d59-9114d67c9a69.png

Last edited:
A chaotic map for a chaotic future:

100 years from today, the world is a lot more divided. Earth is split between numerous regional powers, who compete for control of valuable shipping routes and land territory. The ravages of climate change and the inevitable flows of time have changed the balance of power. The greatest forces in the world today are:

Republic of California: a corpocracy whose tendrils stretch from Japan to Australia to Hispaniola. Is in a cold war with its brother-nation:

United States of America: while still a powerhouse, the megalopolis of the eastern seaboard has sunk into mismanagement and corruption. Is dueling Brazil for control of the western Atlantic

Nation of Brazil: a military dictatorship who is ready to use military force to back its influence in Latin America. Hopes to use Latinamerican nationalism to overthrow its northern enemies

Federation of Europa: a neo-Catholic techno-crusader empire. Has rebuilt the old European empires into the nodes of a world-spanning force

Empire of Turkey: Ankara is a new hub of religion and culture. The influx of Arabs--and their wealth--has allowed Turkey to fund the expansion of its influence across the Mediterranean and beyond. Is fighting secret wars on two fronts: against Europa and Pakistan.

Republic of Nigeria: Nigeria, an expansionist force, is the only source of security in a region wracked by separatists. In an unending war with East Africa and South Africa.

Caliphate of East Africa: for this repressive theocracy, religion is the only source of unity. In an unending jihad against Nigeria and South Africa.

Republic of South Africa: an empire that uses the rhetoric of democracy to obfuscate its war crimes. Is attempting to 'liberate' Nigeria and East Africa.

Islamic Republic of Pakistan: not as repressive as East Africa, not as successful as Turkey. Has been dragged into the swamp of the Persian civil war.

Bharat: a Hindu-nationalist state that rose from the chaotic collapse of its predecessor.

Empire of China: communist rule ended with the return of monarchy--one which plans expansion and reconquest

Republic of the Pearl River: a trade empire which owns ports as far as Sudan and whose ships loop the world

Empire of Indonesia: just as far reaching as Pearl River, but has the extra hurtle of controlling vast territories.

View attachment 715403

Why is East Africa an Islamic state, I mean outside of Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti Muslims don't make up a majority of any Eastern African states and half of the bulk of the country in that map is compromised of countries with very large Christian majorities.

Last edited:
Why is East Africa and Islamic state, I mean outside of Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti Muslims don't make up a majority of any Eastern African states and jalf of the bulk of the country in that map is compromised of countries with very large Christian majorities.
The map’s 200 years in the future so there are demographic changes that stem from climate change. Egypt and the Arab Peninsula, for example, are nearly uninhabitable, so lots of Arabs travelled to Turkey, Pakistan, and East Africa

The map’s 200 years in the future so there are demographic changes that stem from climate change. Egypt and the Arab Peninsula, for example, are nearly uninhabitable, so lots of Arabs travelled to Turkey, Pakistan, and East Africa

I don't think that many would travel to East Africa to be frank, plus while the Middle East has had high population growth rates it's actually been slowing and in some cases getting to the point that they're about to start declining, so there'd be even less people; additionally outside of Egypt, Sudan and Yemen most of the Muslim countries aren't actually very populous and quite a few of them are cases where the actual native Muslim population is presently the minority from so many expats and overseas workers living there.

My "Les Temps des Cerises" timeline in which the Girondin faction dominates the politics of Revolutionary France. Instead of Napoleon, who gets guillotined, men who were his marshals IRL like Bernadotte or Davout lead the Republic to (partial) victory.
British fleet gets surprised in the mediterrenean.
Tsar Alexander I finds his icy grave in Lake Lagoda during a retreat from Franco-Scandi-Commonwealth forces
Holy Roman Empire is never dispanded and undergoes a resurgence in 1820s in time of French crisis and the Hellenic Adventure.
Regarding America, I have already published a map of that region in imaginarymaps subreddit:
Les Temps des Cerises.png

Last edited:
My "Les Temps des Cerises" timeline in which the Girondin faction dominates the politics of Revolutionary France. Instead of Napoleon who gets guillotined, men who were his marshals like Bernadotte or Davout lead the Republic to (partial) victory.
Tsar Alexander I finds his icy grave in Lake Lagoda during a retreat from Franco-Scandi-Commonwealth forces
Holy Roman Empire is never dispanded and undergoes a resurgence in 1820s in time of French crisis and the Hellenic Adventure.
Regarding America, I have already published a map of that region in imaginarymaps subreddit:
View attachment 715677

No Eerie Canal for that New York!

My "Les Temps des Cerises" timeline in which the Girondin faction dominates the politics of Revolutionary France. Instead of Napoleon who gets guillotined, men who were his marshals like Bernadotte or Davout lead the Republic to (partial) victory.
View attachment 715677

what happened in Argentina?

what happened in Argentina?
Spanish (later de facto Mexican) monarchy bet on Montevideo as its stronghold throughout 1810s and 1820s, later on blostered further by regiments of Mexico and volunteers from Louisiana. Also, I forgot to paint more of Argentina blue. However much of the interior is still quite depopulated due to expansionist policies ruling in the Andes. On the other hand Argentina is French primary diplomatic partner in South America.

I don't think that many would travel to East Africa to be frank, plus while the Middle East has had high population growth rates it's actually been slowing and in some cases getting to the point that they're about to start declining, so there'd be even less people; additionally outside of Egypt, Sudan and Yemen most of the Muslim countries aren't actually very populous and quite a few of them are cases where the actual native Muslim population is presently the minority from so many expats and overseas workers living there.
I mean again the map is set 200 years in the future, so a lot can change. Migration flows change direction frequently, so it is plausible for Middle Easterners to move to East Africa in 200 years, especially because of desertification. If the Gulf Monarchies sponsor Islam in East Africa, invest and build infrastructure in the area (certainly not without historical precedent -- Oman had power in the region before the Europeans), and lots of Muslims move there then it's certainly plausible for Islam to be the majority religion in 200 years. If you rewind 200 years from the Scramble for Africa, barely anyone was Christian, for example. The Ottoman Empire too was only 40% Muslim in the 1880s.

But let's do some math:

Immigrant Pool:
Egypt + Saudi Arabia + Yemen + Sudan + Somalia + Ethiopia (30% Muslim) = 252 million Muslims at least.

Destination:
Population of Kenya: 54 million (11% Muslim, so 6 million Muslims).
Population of Tanzania: 56 million (36% Muslim, so 20 million Muslims).
Population of Rwanda: 13 million (negligible Muslims).
Population of Uganda: 46 million (14% Muslim, so 6 million Muslims)
Total: 169 million, 32 million Muslims, or 19%.

Growth rates of East Africa and the Middle East are largely similar. Because of that I'm going to use current population, since the ratio will be the same in 200 years.

If 15% of people from the immigrant pool nations above travel to East Africa over the next 200 years, then East Africa would be >40% Muslim and we have Ottoman Empire numbers.

If Muslims as a relative portion of East Africans grow .0074% every year, certainly a possibility in the scenario of the map, that multiplies to an additional 31% of the population in 200 years for a total of 50% Muslim in 2222. If you add Muslim immigrants on top of that, you get 62% Muslim in 2222.

So the math checks out. The world in 200 years isn't going to look the same as today.

Faeelin

Banned
View attachment 715677

How does Louisiana become a kingdom, and how do the British reconquer Boston?

How does Louisiana become a kingdom, and how do the British reconquer Boston?
Entire American timeline is in the Reddit post. Long story short it includes exodus of various monarchists from all across of Europe when revolution triumphed and USA finding itself suddenly surrounded by enemies from all sides

Kind of surprised Beam made his way up from Texarkana CSR here - was that before or after the shit started going down?

Also pleasantly surprised that, after six years of Northwest Front activity, the Salish-Kootenai still exist as a significant enough entity to not only still exist but be able to establish some kind of independence.

I hadn't developed a mental image for Aquino, but I still wasn't expecting Evil Bobby Hill.

Kinda late to this but I just want to say I love this ISOT series so much! A lot of ISOTs tend to just be "hehe manifest destiny" but this series executes the idea really well! It reminds me of Beedok's old Alphabet ISOT maps.
Thank you, I'm glad you like the series! The Alphabet ISOT maps were part of the inspiration for the maps.

Kind of surprised Beam made his way up from Texarkana CSR here - was that before or after the shit started going down?

I'll expand on Beam's role more in a couple of updates, but very briefly he's a door gunner for one of the SATPO Airborne Divisions who defects to the NWF when everything starts to go wrong for the government.

Also pleasantly surprised that, after six years of Northwest Front activity, the Salish-Kootenai still exist as a significant enough entity to not only still exist but be able to establish some kind of independence.
For reasons which will also be discussed shortly, the Salish-Kootenai were shielded from the worst of the First Insurgency to an extent.
I hadn't developed a mental image for Aquino, but I still wasn't expecting Evil Bobby Hill.
RESPLENDENT
MV5BMTQzOTgyMzAxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTAwODg0MjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

The Dominion of Fidusia, by Sārthākā
NpjolSj.png

By 1783, America was lost, but the Brits held the south and the USA was grudgingly forced to accept along with Canada, Britain would hold South Carolina, and Georgia, alongside Florida. The Brits named the remaining southern colonies, the Colonies of Fidus, or simply, the Loyal Colonies. In 1812, it was invaded by America under General Andrew Jackson. General John Moore, exiled to Fidusia after his failure against the French resulting in the 1809 Battle of Coruna - which saw British troops successfully evacuate Spain temporarily before coming back with a rage under Wellington. Moore defeated the American invasion, becoming the 'Isaac Brock of the South' and successfully stabilized the frontier with America by 1816. In 1890, the colonies were federated like Canada up north and in 1891, Fidusia became a semi-independent dominion of the British Empire before becoming fully independent in 1931 during the Statute of Westminster. Today it is a country of 40.8 Million with a GDP Per Capita of ~$56,000, being a very economically prosperous nation and it uses the Fidusian Pound (pegged to the GBP) as its currency.

Thoughts?

NpjolSj.png

By 1783, America was lost, but the Brits held the south and the USA was grudgingly forced to accept along with Canada, Britain would hold South Carolina, and Georgia, alongside Florida. The Brits named the remaining southern colonies, the Colonies of Fidus, or simply, the Loyal Colonies. In 1812, it was invaded by America under General Andrew Jackson. General John Moore, exiled to Fidusia after his failure against the French resulting in the 1809 Battle of Coruna - which saw British troops successfully evacuate Spain temporarily before coming back with a rage under Wellington. Moore defeated the American invasion, becoming the 'Isaac Brock of the South' and successfully stabilized the frontier with America by 1816. In 1890, the colonies were federated like Canada up north and in 1891, Fidusia became a semi-independent dominion of the British Empire before becoming fully independent in 1931 during the Statute of Westminster. Today it is a country of 40.8 Million with a GDP Per Capita of ~$56,000, being a very economically prosperous nation and it uses the Fidusian Pound (pegged to the GBP) as its currency.

Thoughts?
the colony OF loyalty should be rendered as the colony of fides if you want to stay grammatically correct. Fides is the noun, fidus is the adjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.