Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concept of Austria annexing all of Sudetenland is not a far-fetched concept, but if Archduke Franz Ferdinand was never assassinated, wouldn't Austria still be one with Hungary?
The Lore actually is the alternate collapse of Austria, with the country retaining most of the Sudeten and the monarchy.

AxoOVnA.png
I love the way this looks-nice job!

Zillian

Gone Fishin'
Mcq5NwT.png

There are two timeline I wanted to write. Clash of Civilisation and The Hammer and the Cross, and I obliviously choosed to write the latter timeline as I am most interested in Viking age and Carolingian era. However I did already made a map for this early modern timeline, which I would like to share. This Clash of Civilisation is inspired by the thesis of the same name by Samuel P. Huntington

Very cool map, is Grenada still Muslim or has it been mostly converted by the modern day?

Also, is Mallorca independent?
Thanks!

After the Reconquista, Granada has been mostly converted.
No. Mallorca is a kingdom under the Crown of Aragon. Most of the 'Crowns' are subdivided into multiple kingdoms.

There are two timeline I wanted to write. Clash of Civilisation and The Hammer and the Cross, and I obliviously choosed to write the latter timeline as I am most interested in Viking age and Carolingian era. However I did already made a map for this early modern timeline, which I would like to share. This Clash of Civilisation is inspired by the thesis of the same name by Samuel P. Huntington
What does intergovernmental mean regarding the Great Feng Empire? And is the British monarchy now based in India?

Mcq5NwT.png

1 Billion inhabitants in Europe? what happend there? No WW1 & WW2?

Japanese WW2 victory and Cold War, by hadesTTW
I recently finished this map for my own project- there's no complete timeline as of yet, but I have a thread for the project here. The premise is that Japan wins the Second World War despite the failure of Nazi Germany, and cold war results in detente.

Alternate Version

"First we will kill all the subversives; then we will kill all their collaborators; then their sympathisers; then those who remained indifferent; and finally, we'll kill the undecided."

—General Iberico St. Jean, governor of Buenos Aires

Ever since Los Angeles was subject to the horror of thermonuclear fire in 1947, the United States was locked into a tripolar struggle with the fascist-corporatist abomination of the Empire of Japan and her Co-Prosperity Sphere of puppet regimes, with the totalitarian menace of the Soviet Union, lead by the Bolshevist terrorists of Trotsky and Zinoviev threatening all that is true, just, and holy with Western democracy and the American way of life.

Alternatively, you could take a trip to Osaka and you would hear about the united Pan-Asian coalition who struggled against the imperialist and social imperialist menaces of Washington, London, Paris, and Moscow, which desired to see the whole world subjugated in cosmopolitan tyranny. For the two superpowers of five decades, the Cold War meant the endless gears of war making their military industrial complexes more powerful and their technological arms and space races more intense and labored by the masses.

Yet as the proxy wars continued to rage with increasingly fierce intensity, even the individuals fortunate enough to profit off the state of the world began to worry of imminent mass-assured-destruction. In 1976, the Masonic lodge of the Propaganda Due, consisting of clandestine representatives from all of the world's major powers began to organize and discuss two topics- preventing the premature end of human civilization, and stopping a global Communist revolution from usurping the rule of the powerful over the weak.

To test their theories and proposed plans to reshape the world, members of the P2 seized power in Argentina and constructed an authoritarian democratic system where the lodge controlled every function of a nation's well-being. Despite exhibited brutality towards those who resisted and those who came close to uncovering the conspiracy, the experiments were unprecedented successes, and to the modern day Argentina has become the third most developed country in the world- behind only Brussels and Syonan.

Historians generally point to 1993 being the end of the Cold War, where following the bloody Arab-Israeli Wars and the Korean Revolutionary War did supporters of detente defied odds to come into power in the US, Japan, and the USSR. For the past four decades, the world has experienced a long period of mostly peaceful co-existence, putting aside differences to address global issues such as climate change and the seemingly endless threat of radical Salafi Jihadist terrorism.

The world is close to becoming one. Or at least it is, above the surface. Deep within the shadow empire of the Propaganda Due, there exists only fear and Faustian bargaining. The world as they have built it is nearing its end. The heavens and the earth reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

The year is 2030 the history of the fate of humanity has begun.

exordium%20world%20map.png

Last edited:
I recently finished this map for my own project- there's no written timeline as of yet, but I'll work on one soon. The premise is that Japan wins the Second World War despite the failure of Nazi Germany, and the only real victor of the resulting cold war is Argentina.

exordium%20world%20map.png
Beautiful map.......... me want......... gimme......... gimme timeline.

Zillian

Gone Fishin'
What does intergovernmental mean regarding the Great Feng Empire? And is the British monarchy now based in India?
A mapping error I assume. I orginally went with Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere but went along with Great Féng Empire instead and forgotten to change the government and head of state as well
The British monarch does still regin Britain. In fact nearly all member nations have a monarch as their state of head
1 Billion inhabitants in Europe? what happend there? No WW1 & WW2?
There are 750 million inhabitants in Europe inkluded Russia in OTL so I expect the population would reach roughly 1 billion without world wars. It might be one world war or one European war in TTL but it didn't killed off one entire generation or lay waste to Eastern Europe

The Lore actually is the alternate collapse of Austria, with the country retaining most of the Sudeten and the monarchy.
So, there still was a WWI? In which case I don't find it very plausible, Czech nationalists will fight to maintain the historical borders of Bohemia-Moravia, and the allies will tend to be supportive of the Czechs. I can see the Austrians holding onto German-majority areas directly bordering their country, but to get the whole Sudeten loop the Austrians require either Allied support or to somehow achieve a crushing military victory over the Czechs (how and when I leave as an exercise for the reader)

(One possible fix might be Austrians succeed in their very late attempt to make a separate peace, but AH falls apart after the peace anyway. That way Austria's collapse is less total and they still have something like a working army and Allied support, or at least indifference, in carving their ethnostate out of Czech territory.)

OK, another one. This is based on a scenario from the Oneshot Scenarios thread, https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/oneshot-scenarios-2.380935/page-378#post-22412157 , and my deciding to play around with this quote:

Given the fragmented nature of the rest of the major powers of OTL aside from Japan, who exactly do the Russians need an OTL- US huge nuclear arsenal against? Mega-Ottomans? The Mughal Empire? The Dominion of the Draka?

The Arms Union for example, and some other rival power, like Australia perhaps (I'm still working in the southern hemisphere).

EagleReturns.PNG

Last edited:
I recently finished this map for my own project- there's no complete timeline as of yet, but I'll work on one soon. The premise is that Japan wins the Second World War despite the failure of Nazi Germany, and the only real victor of the resulting cold war is Argentina.

Very fine map, great flags. Will be interested to see how the timeline works: some stuff looks implausible, but I shan't nitpick at this point.

Is the UAR as a whole Baathist?

OK, another one. This is based on a scenario from the Oneshot Scenarios thread, https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/oneshot-scenarios-2.380935/page-378#post-22412157 , and my deciding to play around with this quote:

View attachment 712132
Get your hands off my notes right now (?)

Now seriously. I've been looking at the map, reading the text, and it amuses me how you've included things quite similar to what I had put XD.

Although I had left Hawaii as an independent bit between Spain and Japan (imagine Uruguay, it is independent only because the two giants next to it don't want the other to keep it). I didn't remember having mentioned France expanded in Europe, but it does exist XD.

I will have to read more about those African states. I have several on my own map but they don't seem to be the same. I suppose an Indian Economic Union makes sense (for now I had them in rival groups, like a microcosm of Europe to understand us)

God the New Netherland Empire is scary. I had planned to balkanize Australia, but this is even better XD. And I see that Spain managed to keep the Philippines (in my case part of Japan's rise as a power included keeping them).

I admit that I had not considered Italy being unified from the South, although it would certainly be interesting. (What I have is an Italian North, I have to see if it is monarchist or republican -probably republican-, and a South dominated by the "Crown of Aragon" which is basically a Catalan-speaking elite ruling over a country of Italians who are not at all happy with that situation...)

In short, I loved seeing this take on that world. There are parts that have made me smile and others that are scary.

There seems to be an extra #11 in Patagonia.

Beyond that it's always interesting to see a world where Spain preserves her strength though I don't want to think very hard about what Nieu Holland's extreme brutality in the military zone involves.
In my version it wasn't pretty. The words that best describe it are "ethnic cleansing by machine guns." To a point where the French preferred to support the Iroquois as a buffer for them to contain New Zealand. Needless to say, New Zealand doesn't have many friends in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.