• Guanche

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Other (Write it down)

Votes: 24 5.4%

• Total voters

Crazy Boris

Banned
I picked Scythians

What can I say? I like nomads and think they’re cool.

(Runner ups would be Beothuk and Guanche. Because I also like islands.)

Phoenician/Punic People
African Latin
Romance Speaking Pannonians and Dalmatians (at least to create a contiguous link between Italy and Romania)
Khazars/Kabars
Sabaeans (and South Arabian peoples in general)

The Marajoara culture of precolumbian Amazonia, and Amazonian civilisation in general. We know so little about what happened in Amazonia before contact that almost all viable research there is ecological and archaeological, rather than historical, and there are a ton of different theories as to what human activity the land could have sustained or actually did sustain - but I would love to see the most extravagant estimates taken and run with in AH, and with them a surviving civilisation in the Amazon rainforest.

It would be weird, because until we have modern genetics we wouldn't know they were any different.

I mean from skeletal remains it was obvious from day one when neanderthal were first discovered they were not exactly human.

skulls.png

Their skeleton structure differs much more than the minute differences between human racial groups. However through genetics we now know they were closer to us than what the earlier discoverers thought, who depicted them as more ape like.

With the flesh and skin on however, they wouldn't have appeared too different looking.

1-neanderthals.jpg

So it would have been interesting and likely changed very much the ideas of race like we have today which developed in the 19th century really.

How about having the Toltecs survive, not only as a people but as a state? This could butterfly away the rise of the Aztecs, and if the Toltecs treated their neighbours better than the OTL Aztecs did (which seems possible) then Cortez might not have found so many of those neighbours willing to ally with him... and, so, might have been defeated.

There was a suggestion at the time of the first skeleton's discovery that it was an arthritic Cossack from the Napoleonic Wars.

That's correct they thought it was a crippled human but when they found other skeletons they knew it was not human. They then went the complete other way are started assuming they looked like this:

Reconstruction-of-the-La-Chapelle-aux-Saints-Neanderthal-by-the-Czech-artist-Franti-zek.png

We now know as in my example above and due to the fact through genetics we know they interbred with modern humans, they looked much closer to us despite the skeletal differences.

Wouldn't the Volga Finns still be represented by the Mordvin and the Mari?
Also, I was under the impression that the Chuvash were descended from the Volga Bulgars, although the other Turkic/Tatar peoples in the area may be as well...

The Marajoara culture of precolumbian Amazonia, and Amazonian civilisation in general. We know so little about what happened in Amazonia before contact that almost all viable research there is ecological and archaeological, rather than historical, and there are a ton of different theories as to what human activity the land could have sustained or actually did sustain - but I would love to see the most extravagant estimates taken and run with in AH, and with them a surviving civilisation in the Amazon rainforest.
I honestly always wanted to see someone use the Amazonas river as a cradle of civilization, with the mandioca root

Coivara

Banned
Pre-Roman Iberians? Tartessosians? Aquitanians?
Lusitanians, let's GOOOOO

(oh yeah Tartessos is cool too)
Oh yeah, now this is where it is at. Imagine the Portuguese showing up and meeting a civilization of 100.000 on the Marajó island. It would also have big knock-on effects, such as the region being more popullated and possibly having more staple cultures in general. It would probably be assimilated by the Portuguese anyway and mostly die-off due to diseases, but they might end up distinguishing the Marajoáras from the general popullation of the wider Grão-Pará.

And if the knowledge of Terra Preta is not lost... big things!

The big thing might be aboring the Carib invasions which aparently weakened and destroyed their civilization.
I honestly always wanted to see someone use the Amazonas river as a cradle of civilization, with the mandioca root
Same. It could be South America's own potato.

This reply is 100% funnier because I just finished eating some Fried Macaxeira.

I'm biased, so I had to pick Khazars.

But that being said, there are many people who consider themselves Taino. I met a dancer who represented Tainos at a powwow.