The problem with althistory forums that I have experienced(Its actually my personal problem)

Before telling you what the problem I am facing. I must first tell you what is my problem
God has unfortunately given me a brain which refuses to accept anything that is even remotely unrealistic. Since childhood I have never touched magical stories, ghosts don't scare me because I know they don't exist and Man in the high castle is worse than Harry Potter for me.
So now the problem. Since the last 5 days I have been trying to find a realistic timeline which has an alt ww2 with any pod after 1932. It can be anything from Strasser Germany to Mussolini invading Germany to USSR driving on to France. I have seen more than 50 threads. However as I mentioned before, my brain has this problem.

Every single timeline and discussion thread looks promising but then that one guy comes who is extremely knowledgeable. He proceeds to explain in very convincing words how it was scientifically impossible for it to happen that way due to a variety of social, political and military reasons. Every single thread I see has one or a couple of such guys. I am not blaming them. In fact I love their explanations and I am glad that we have such brilliant folks on this forum
My brain however sees these posts and refuses to accept the timeline as realistic and I move on

Is there any timeline with a pod between 1932 and 1945 which is universally accepted as being atleast 80% realistic by on this forum?

I think the problem with your assumption is that you want something realistic when that’s not possible.

The OTL isn’t realistic and shouldn’t have happened due to improbable events happening a near infinite number of times.

WWII somehow had a cartoon villain takeover Europes strongest country and gain absolute power. In the Pacific, Japan attacked a country with 14 times their national income and actually gave it a decent fight. The Soviet Union struggled with Finland, was despised by much of their own population, purged their military, and got devastated beyond description by a surprise attack, but still won. France and Britain lost to Germany in six weeks. The entire backdrop of WWII involves a power vacuum about a 1500 year old order of Christian monarchs having basically just ended followed by the worst recession ever recorded and new ideologies fight total war to replace them. Some developed an atomic bomb and actually used it twice. There are a million little things like Hitler narrowly avoiding assassinations that others can point out.

WWII, if it didn’t happen, would be seen as borderline impossible in a different timeline. WWII is too big and wild; things deemed impossible are going to happen.

As soon as you open up a thread, click on the "Reader Mode" button at the top of the page.

All you'll see is the author's postings. You can enjoy their work without all the reader commentary that inevitably ruins it for you.

Somehow, I'm not getting this one reference. I'm sure I will if you say what it is?
Christian Monarchs had dominated “Western” Civilization for over a thousand years prior to the French Revolution. After the French Revolution it was wounded, but that order still called most foreign policy shots and had massive institutional power until WWI. WWI destroyed that order. From there, WWII in many respects was to decide what will fill that void with the Monarchs gone. That gave us an ideologically war filled with all kinds of fanaticism.

Christian Monarchs had dominated “Western” Civilization for over a thousand years prior to the French Revolution. After the French Revolution it was wounded, but that order still called most foreign policy shots and had massive institutional power until WWI. WWI destroyed that order. From there, WWII in many respects was to decide what will fill that void with the Monarchs gone. That gave us an ideologically war filled with all kinds of fanaticism.
You know, that's what I thought you were going for. Just wasn't quite sure.

There have been a no. of TLs where the author has added something & had comments saying that it's ASB but it turns out it was OTL.
Reality can be unrealistic 😋

@The Banker
Some of my favorite stories on here are ones not necessarily realistic. Realism doesn’t always guarantee entertainment.

Now don’t get me wrong, realism can add “legitimacy” to a story but shouldn’t be the only factor a story is judged on.

My first TL was quite unrealistic, yet it was entertaining and had 150,000+ views. My second is much more, umm grounded, but in terms of realism I haven’t had many complaints yet.

A TL that has a supportive community and an author willing to listen to feedback and present a well rounded story I feel are the better ones.

RousseauX

Donor
Before telling you what the problem I am facing. I must first tell you what is my problem
God has unfortunately given me a brain which refuses to accept anything that is even remotely unrealistic. Since childhood I have never touched magical stories, ghosts don't scare me because I know they don't exist and Man in the high castle is worse than Harry Potter for me.
So now the problem. Since the last 5 days I have been trying to find a realistic timeline which has an alt ww2 with any pod after 1932. It can be anything from Strasser Germany to Mussolini invading Germany to USSR driving on to France. I have seen more than 50 threads. However as I mentioned before, my brain has this problem.

Every single timeline and discussion thread looks promising but then that one guy comes who is extremely knowledgeable. He proceeds to explain in very convincing words how it was scientifically impossible for it to happen that way due to a variety of social, political and military reasons. Every single thread I see has one or a couple of such guys. I am not blaming them. In fact I love their explanations and I am glad that we have such brilliant folks on this forum
My brain however sees these posts and refuses to accept the timeline as realistic and I move on

Is there any timeline with a pod between 1932 and 1945 which is universally accepted as being atleast 80% realistic by on this forum?
I think the issue here is that AH.com is ultimately about works of fiction by it's very definition it sounds to me like you might be more of a non-fiction reader type of person.

Nothing wrong with that ofc, just that TLs are inherently fictional and we should be prepared to give a certain amount of suspension of disbelief when reading them

Garrison

Donor
Well one problem you may be facing is it that for many alt-WWII is synonymous with the Nazi's doing better or winning. Since the Nazis massively overperformed in OTL and were severely resource limited this is a challenge to say the least and questions like 'what else did the Nazis give up to build X?' or 'why don't the Allies respond to Y?'. If you want one that doesn't tend to attract endless trench warfare over the fine points and you are okay with an Allies do better TL then I would suggest this:

There have been a no. of TLs where the author has added something & had comments saying that it's ASB but it turns out it was OTL.
Mark Twain stated (regarding his writings): “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.”

AH is a form of speculative genre fiction like Fantasy and Science Fiction. Traditionally fantasy resolves psychosexual issues imaginatively and science fiction resolves sociological issues of identity imaginatively (occasionally philosophical ones).

Alternate History deals with imaginative power fantasies: fantasies of causation and politics.

Fantasty is about the sexual/emotional individual.
Science fiction is about the individual in the group.
Alternate history is all about groups.

So what you’re saying is you’re looking for harder mohs scales of alternate history than you’re getting. Maybe you need to consider what your fantasy is. I know what mine is, and I can see it drive me towards topics, and towards micro-AHs.

WWII is a common topic. If you’ve got niche needs you’re not going to match the general public.

Riain

Banned
God has unfortunately given me a brain which refuses to accept anything that is even remotely unrealistic.

I have a similar bent, which I think is basically the reason why I find WW2 so uninteresting these days apart from the super cool technology. Once the Britain and the Soviet Union survived (both were likely outcomes) and the US entered WW2 was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

However that does leave a lot of interesting topics to play with, WW1 for example.

marathag

Banned
With the film _Operation Petticoat_ almost every setpiece was based off an actual WWII event, but only slightly embellished, and not all to the same boat, of course

I mean OTL, a GRU Stalinist colonel wanted to cause a communist Revolution by going back to capitalism so he approached the French domestic intelligence and started sharing info about the Soviet military, namely than 40% of the budget was industrial espionage.

As a result there was a 3Kt gas pipeline explosion NORAD got told not to worry about. Why, because the Soviets tried to buy software, the us blocked it, and then the Soviets stole it but the CIA put a virus in the code to randomly vary the pressures.

That reads like a cheap ASB or at least ridiculous plot but happened. History is weird.