Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The World In 1845, by the_turkish_aru
dexaszj-5d9a221a-8e12-41b7-b112-965d921901a3.png

The world in 1845-Hadjis,Hetmans and Hachimans

First of all,i am new to posting here,so please be kind.

Hello everyone,This is a worldmap for a timeline ive been working on for quite a while. The premise of it is this:What if Turkic People Migrated to Northern Japan?

In short;Turkic People first land into Hokkaido in 600s-700s. Later on,they spread to Northern Japan. In Around 700,new group of People come to the Archipelago. These are people who got split from Oghuz,for some reason. One Other People who also migrates is the Komi People,i think they would have come along with the oghuz,for one reason or another.

Anyways,these people would settle down in OTL Niigata Prefecture(and its surroundings). From there,they will unite the North Japan,then attack at the Japanese in 910 to Unite the Archipelago. In 982(with the Hokkaido Expedition),the Archipelago would be under the Yahunese banner.

After on,they will become the United Khaganate. Japan and Hunia(Hokkaido) will gain Autonomy under Yahunia.(Kinda like the United Kingdom) Later on Komi and Ansho Peoples(group of Japanese families who converted to Tengrism,they originate at OTL Chiba Prefecture,however they migrate up north to Fukushima Prefecture and most parts of Miyagi Prefecture OTL,and they ruled those areas as a Theocracy mixed with feudalism). After surviving the Mongol Invasions,they would take over Korea.

From There,the Colonization Journey would began. First Sakhalin,later Taiwan and finally America. Here,they will beat the United States,and achieve full dominance over Pacific.

Meanwhile,on the other side of the World....
-Anatolian Beyliks Would be United Under a new Rûm Sultanate. They will have sort of "trade war" with Venice. Eventually,Rich Families would overthrow the Sultan for a Venice-Like Republic.

-Yuan and MughalDynasty would survive.

-Persia would be United under Shaybanid Dynasty. They would later on dominate East Africa.

-Tatars would Succesfully Subjugate Slavs. Yahuns and Tatars would fight for Far East.

-Napoleon Would never become the leader of France,and will lead the Republic to Glory. Western Europe would be the Bastion of Liberalism.

-Greeks Would have a revolution too,this time its by Neopagan Republicans.

-Habsburg Austria would become a Confederation.

Thats most of the things i can name,feel free to ask questions about things you are interested!

First of all,i am new to posting here,so please be kind.
Welcome to Alternatehistory.com!
The premise of it is this:What if Turkic People Migrated to Northern Japan?
Migration PODs are underutilized, and the map looks beautiful.
From There,the Colonization Journey would began. First Sakhalin,later Taiwan and finally America. Here,they will beat the United States,and achieve full dominance over Pacific.
The one criticism I'll make is that for a world that started to diverge from ours in the 600s, a remarkable number of political entities formed long after that still formed, complete with the Habsburgs still coming to power. Still, great map!

We are nearing the end! Edited Europe a bit, put most people into a de facto Franco-British-led League of Nations. In ATL, Germany was wholly shut down after an extended Great War, so there's no revanchism on the horizon.

Looking forward to finishing the map and talking about a lot of the ideas I've developed, different than the usual Southern Victory TLs for sure! I'll go into unique political developments in the North, which is usually stagnant (Bring the Jubilee) or revenge-minded (Turtledove) in Southern Victory TLs. The second outcome is possible, but there are other possibilities as well!

Subverted 191.png

So I was going to make an election map set in a former American colony on Mars. This colony originally had a presidential system like the US but early on, the office of the presidency was rendered powerless and the Speaker of the House became the de facto leader of the country.

But when I started, it suddenly occurred to me that the US presidential electoral maps make no sense in a parliamentary system or without the electoral collage as the deciding factor is which party controls congress. Does anyone have any advice on how to depict that on a map?

the US presidential electoral maps make no sense in a parliamentary system or without the electoral collage as the deciding factor is which party controls congress. Does anyone have any advice on how to depict that on a map?
You could basically pick any system you like, then, couldn’t you? And just depict it however it’s done on Wikipedia (or wherever you please) today.

Deleted member 139407

So I was going to make an election map set in a former American colony on Mars. This colony originally had a presidential system like the US but early on, the office of the presidency was rendered powerless and the Speaker of the House became the de facto leader of the country.

But when I started, it suddenly occurred to me that the US presidential electoral maps make no sense in a parliamentary system or without the electoral collage as the deciding factor is which party controls congress. Does anyone have any advice on how to depict that on a map?
I would definitely recommend researching Ireland's political system; I think it could definitely help you out. The powers of the President are slim while the real power is in the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) much like your timeline. All members of the Dáil (Legislature) are elected in multi-member districts. Also, you could always have a Martian Electoral College serve in a ceremonial role akin to the proposals in the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact; basically, when the compact surpasses 270 votes, it comes into effect and all member-states are required to give their Electoral Votes to the winner of the popular vote.

You could basically pick any system you like, then, couldn’t you? And just depict it however it’s done on Wikipedia (or wherever you please) today.
Canadian maps, for instance, often color in a province based on its best-performing party and also include an enumeration of the actual seats within it.

Welcome to Alternatehistory.com!

Migration PODs are underutilized, and the map looks beautiful.

The one criticism I'll make is that for a world that started to diverge from ours in the 600s, a remarkable number of political entities formed long after that still formed, complete with the Habsburgs still coming to power. Still, great map!
1)Thanks for your feedback!

2)I really dont know much about migration PODs,so i dont really got that much in. About Europe,since ive mostly focused on Asia and Americas,i really didnt thinked of it. I just made it "looks close to OTL" as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.