Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Saadi Dynasty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • House of Kamehameha

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • Other (Write it down)

Votes: 25 11.5%

• Total voters
I'd go with either the Habsburgs or the Romanovs. Avoid WW I and they can easily survive. Contrary to what some would have us believe, these empires weren't ramshackle, tottering ruins destined to fall apart at the slightest push. They had potential to be much more. I also have a soft spot for the Qing. They could be saved if Emperor Guangxu manages to stop Cixi's coup and continues his reforms. Oh, and I almost forgot the Hohenzollerns. They were pretty bad ass at times.
I assume the topicstarter meant male line Habsburgs/Romanovs, not the Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov and Habsburg-Lorraine we had IOTL since 1730ies/1740ies.

Interesting POD will be for Zygmunt III to negotiate with his uncle to drop his claim on the swedish throne in exchange for the Northern Inflanty (Estonia) going to the Commonwealth.

And uncle and nephew will create an alliance between Sweden and Polish-Lithuania against Russia in the east and Denmark in the west. Sweden and PLC will kept Russia far from the Baltic Sea and PLC will let Sweden go after Denmark while in OTL Denmark was often Polish ally...
Sigismund and Charles hated each other passionately. No way.

Better option would be if Sigismund Vasa has one full brother, who could inherit Sweden, thus split of thrones between Swedish and Polish Vasas is peaceful

Shuisky family (btw they still exist) was Rurikid, so I think would they keep Russian throne they would count as "Direct Rurikid" by virtue of being monarchs.
Shuisky were the only non-mediatized branch.
I think the objective was "save at least one non-mediatized line of Rurikid" cause mediatized are numbered in hundreds of descendants currently.

The House of Wessex, because its kinda nuts the number of times the house got deposed only to keep coming back, and itd just be cool for them to keep that up.

The House of Wessex, because its kinda nuts the number of times the house got deposed only to keep coming back, and itd just be cool for them to keep that up.

I'm writing House of Guthrum, with Aethelflead raised by and apple of her foster father's eye married to Guthrum's most capable son and being the sorta
dominant partner. I might include Wessex luck in that line.

Surviving House of Medici would be intresting and change things in Italy. Would they eventually end to unite Italy, at least Northern Italy?
Considering how bad Tuscany and the Medici were doing ever since the 30YW the prospects of them unifying Italy aren't great, to put it lightly​

Do these royal lines have to still be in positions of power? Because I am sure there's quite a lot of people around the world today with ancestral connections to at least some of the dynasties listed.

Predictably, due to my love of all things Ancient Persian, Greek and Babylonian, I will go with other.

The Achaemenids
The House of Sasan
The House of Argead

Perhaps we can also have a surviving dynastic union between the Achaemenids and the Argeads.

Yes, I know the opening post was to specify one and only one noble house. But choosing between the three is difficult. Though, there was probably quite a lot of intermarriage between the Achaemenids and Argeads even before the rise of Alexander, and some founding members of the House of Sasan might have had ancestral connections to the Achaemenids. Though they later claimed to be descendants of the Kayanids.

So, out of the three I think I will save the Achaemenids.

Last edited:
Also to add another one: the Hasmonean dynasty. They’re probably responsible for why there even was a Jewish people, otherwise the Jews might have been just one of many smaller nations that got assimilated into the greater Greco Roman world. Think how cool it would have been for a continuous Romanized Jewish dynasty in some position of power in Judea outliving Rome (assuming the Christians don’t try to off them).

VVD0D95

Banned
Not on the poll but the Varman dynasty of Kamrupa. They created the state and were responsible for putting it in the map. Would be fascinating to see how they do as time progresses

The Kirat Dynasty! they survived for 1100 years otl, would be awesome if they survived 2900 years instead! It would make them the longest lived dynasty in history!

How long the Le Dynasty could endure? Maybe the last Le emperor can still extend the house of Le in China, just like other houses in exile.

Do these royal lines have to still be in positions of power? Because I am sure there's quite a lot of people around the world today with ancestral connections to at least some of the dynasties listed.
To answer your question. Yes, the royal house/Imperial dynasty has to be in a position of power, like the House of Stuarts continuing to rule the UK or Valois in France. That brings me to the other part of your question, as I'm aware that many people today have ancestral connections to these houses and dynasties. The goal here is to keep a direct line where they still have the name like "Valois, Tudor, Vasa, Rurik, etc", otherwise this thread falls flat as some of the current monarchs today (Looking at you UK) are descended from these branches.