Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made two versions of a Pangaea WorldA based on maps I found off the internet. You might notice some differences between the two.
(Yes, I understand many of the lakes shown here shouldn't exist; if you want them gone you can erase them yourself.)
1641250155616.png

1641248801000.png

1641248874361.png

1641248855322.png

Last edited:
I've made two versions of a Pangaea WorldA based on maps I found off the internet. You might notice some differences between the two.
(Yes, I understand many of the lakes shown here shouldn't exist; if you want them gone you can erase them yourself.)
View attachment 707890
View attachment 707886

Mildly amusing to me that the distortion on Western Siberia vaguely resembles the way the Arctic/Greenland/Scandinavia are depicted on the Erdapfel

It helps for me to make a distinction between two kinds of alternate history: divergent alternate history where history diverges and never returns, and parallel alternate history where historical figures and patterns emerge.

They're both awesome, but for completely different reasons.

I consider the second a joke, but then comedy can be fun. (A big fan of Airplane and the Marx Brothers movies myself).

Edit: perhaps that came across as too harsh. To clarify, I consider the notion of history being on some sort of rails so that people like Napoleon and Hitler and John F Kennedy keep showing up in spite of major PODs to be fantasy, not alternate history, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a story set in such a setting. I would read a story set in 1970 in a world where the (Eastern) Roman empire never fell and now threatens western Europe, south America is inhabited by sentient bird-like dinosaurs, and Richard Nixon is still president of the United States.

Last edited:
Hohenzollern Poland >>> Polska Hohenzollernów
Bamborska (not a word I would have used, but who knows how Polish language evolved ITTL)
Expansion year-year >>> Ekspansja w latach xxxx-yyyy
Poland After Napoleonic Wars >>> Polska po wojnach napoleońskich
Poland before the war >>> Polska przed wojną
Territory lost >>> Terytorium utracone
Yeah Bamborska is a mutation that evolves ITTL.

I wanted the title to be "Poland through the Napoleonic wars" so I used "przez"

But yeah, the rest are mistakes. That's what I get for not going to Polish lessons as a kid.

I wanted the title to be "Poland through the Napoleonic wars" so I used "przez"
I dont think you can use "przez" in that phrase (or at least you shouldn't). It rather should be "Polska w czasach wojen napoleońskich" or imo better "Polska w okresie wojen napoleońskich" (lit. Poland in the times of N. W. and Poland in the period of N.W.)

Status
Not open for further replies.