Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

mini-DVDs have a data cap of about 1.5 GB, while their dual layered versions can hold about 3 GB.
Yet Nintendo never used the dual layered ones, might have been an issue in production, the Same with Wii u, theoritecally could have used 50GB dual layered disc yet never used them either

Also both the GameCube and Xbox versions would be released 6 months after the PS2 version due to a deal Sony had with Rockstar.
Fixed.
For San Andreas, I don’t even know they can fit the entire game into just 4 GameCube discs. Still a good effort though.
I already did the math for this one. GTA: San Andreas is about 4.4 GB. Divide that by the 1.5 GB GCN Discs and you get an estimated 3 Discs needed. So 4 Discs would be about the needed size.

Fixed.

I already did the math for this one. GTA: San Andreas is about 4.4 GB. Divide that by the 1.5 GB GCN Discs and you get an estimated 3 Discs needed. So 4 Discs would be about the needed size.
Yeah and seems to keep uncompressed music goes with 4, if you remove the music the size file is smaller

It would also depend on what assets need to be duplicated between all discs. You can't just divide the overall size of the DVD version and split it between smaller discs.

It would also depend on what assets need to be duplicated between all discs. You can't just divide the overall size of the DVD version and split it between smaller discs.
IIRC the game data always tend to be half the disc, not counting music, if we count the lincensed music could be anything from 1GB onward, baten Kaitos graphic alone ate 1GB. So could be feasible with 4GB no losing the music

Horrifyingly Average / Grabbed by the Ghoulies
GBtG.png

In Game Screenshot
Banjo making a gruesome cameo

Grabbed by The Ghoulies

Developer: Rareware
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: Nintendo GameCube
Release Date: October 21, 2003​

Besides being on the GameCube, the game itself is the same as OTL.

The game was ultimately dubbed average by critics and ultimately under performed selling about 803,000 copies in its lifetime. Due to the game's under performance, the Dev Team was determined to make sure the game is often dubbed an underrated gem of the GameCube and has since gained a cult status.

View attachment 707050
In Game Screenshot
Banjo making a gruesome cameo

Grabbed by The Ghoulies

Developer: Rareware
Release Date: October 21, 2003​

Besides being on the GameCube, the game itself is the same as OTL.

The game was ultimately dubbed average by critics and ultimately under performed selling about 803,000 copies in its lifetime. Due to the game's under performance, the Dev Team was determined to make sure the game is often dubbed an underrated gem of the GameCube and has since gained a cult status.
I THINK That game would have been butterflies away, GBTG(if you hear a brit snickering, you know why) was intended to be one of the Resident Evil parodies alongside Luigi Mansion but under Microsoft, Microsoft have no idea what to do with it, trying to making it more actionish, under Nintendo either would have been retooled to not be called British Luigi mansion, or double down on the resident evil parody, so a full fledge survival horror parody

Last edited:
Italian Plumber fights Giant Ape / Mario vs. Donkey Kong
MvDK Box Art-min.png

Box Art

Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Developer: Nintendo Development USA
Platforms: Game Boy Advance
Release Date: May 24, 2004​

TLL’s version features the level builder that was scrapped IOTL. Players can use Nintendo Network to upload 10 levels, play other levels, and rate courses they’ve finished using 1-5 Stars. Players can look up specific level creators, see the top-rated courses, and search for levels by their name, creator, and rating. Every level has an ID code that players can input for quick access. With the exception of Pokemon it was one of the most popular Game Boy Advance titles that featured Nintendo Netcast functionality. The game sold 2.3 Million copies in it's lifetime, a whole million more than in OTL.

I THINK That game would have been butterflies away, GBTG(if you hear a brti snickering, you know why) was intended to be one of the Resident Evil parodies alongside Luigi Mansion but under Microsoft, Microsoft have no idea what to do with it, trying to making it more actionish, under Nintendo either would have been retooled to not be called British Luigi mansion, or double down on the resident evil parody, so a full fledge survival horror parody
Unfortunately I wasn't making notes of everything I wanted to do back then and I got caught up in focusing on other chapters so this game got swept from my mind.
So Grabbed by the Ghoulies ended up as a foot note. I now have notes on all the things I want to do now so hopefully this doesn't happen again in the future.

Unfortunately I wasn't making notes of everything I wanted to do back then and I got caught up in focusing on other chapters so this game got swept from my mind.
So Grabbed by the Ghoulies ended up as a foot note. I now have notes on all the things I want to do now so hopefully this doesn't happen again in the future.
Ohh those things happen, might have been a reverse blast corps, a game was made to fill schedule but one without the quality of the former

Taxi Insanity / Crazy Taxi: Online Mayhem
Crazy Taxi Online Mayhem.jpg

Gameplay Screenshot

Crazy Taxi: Online Mayhem
Developer: Hitmaker
Release Date: Oct 5, 2002​

This game features all the content from OTL Crazy Taxi 3 with the inclusion of day and night versions of all three cities, But the biggest feature is the 3 online multiplayer modes. Players can play solo online or create a room for their Nintendo Netcast friends. In VS Mode and Race Mode the city is random in solo but can be chosen by the host in a room.

Multiplayer Modes
Arcade: A 4 Player vs mode where players play the standard score attack gameplay of Crazy Taxi. Whoever has the highest score at the end wins.

Race Mode: A standard racing mode where 4 Players race around the city hitting checkpoints that lead to the end goal. Whoever hits all the checkpoints and reaches the goal first is the winner.

Crazy X: A gauntlet of mini-games, whoever wins the most mini-games is the winner.

So, are we already close to E3 2004 season? I'm asking this because I want to know if Mario vs. Donkey Kong is chronologically out of order or not.
These past few updates have been me going back to certain games and giving them a proper chapter. Thankfully I'm finished with that now and the timeline is back on track. We're past E3 2004 and into Fall 2004.

Is the Wind Waker sequel appearing on the GameCube or the DS?
GameCube, it's a direct sequel reusing the engine and assets from Wind Waker akin to Majora's Mask.