WIP Map Thread

Disaster on 25th.png

Something I was hoping to have done for Christmas Day, the 245th anniversary of the POD. At any rate I'll probably get it done by the 246th anniversary.

EDIT: I don't change the title of the map until fairly late on. This map is supposed to be 1910ish, not 1776.

How do I quickly outline on paint.net (if I can)?
As far as I know, there's no specific way to outline, but you can kind of jury-rig one by selecting the area you want to outline, filling the non-selected area with whatever colour you want the outline to be (with anti-aliasing on), removing the non-outlined area from the selection (adjusting the tolerance in this step gives you a thicker or thinner outline), and filling all of the remaining area with the outline colour.

How do I quickly outline on paint.net (if I can)?
As far as I know, there's no specific way to outline, but you can kind of jury-rig one by selecting the area you want to outline, filling the non-selected area with whatever colour you want the outline to be (with anti-aliasing on), removing the non-outlined area from the selection (adjusting the tolerance in this step gives you a thicker or thinner outline), and filling all of the remaining area with the outline colour.
It's quite annoying to do, and is basically useless at the scales of, say, the worlda, but you can automate the process by selecting the area you want to outline, and then using the outline tool in effects -> stylize.
1640855345502.png

This is some fantasy area, maybe part of an ASB extra island on earth. I am still working on the whole thing, but I wanted to share my progress at the end of 2021....

Mqqxe3I.png

This area has an area of 54.631,24 km² and is approx. as large as OTL Lower Saxony+Bremen (state)+Regierungsbezirk Detmold of Northrhine-Westphalia (all in Germany).
You can see here the counties and countyfree cities. The largest four cities - Akela, Morris, Ossian and Seneca - have a population between 150.000 and 200.000.

This is my last post of this year. I wish everyone a happy new year! :)

Before the year ends, here's some WIPs I haven't quite finished.
OH3 1999 V4.png

This one is titled "Operation Hercules", which features a mega-British Empire up against a mega-Poland and mega-Lotharingia.
Reverse Cold War V1.png

And this one is called "Reverse Cold War", and it has a very complicated series of reversals - North America is East Asia, East Asia is South America, South Asia is the Middle East, etc.

Hopefully having these here will give me the impetus to work on them in the upcoming year.

Something from @rvbomally 's one-shot thread, featuring US-screw, Britain-screw, mighty Russia, powerful Spanish Commonwealth-equivalent, and Dutch Australian sort-of-Draka.

View attachment 707338
I haven't seen Australian Drakas on maps before although the idea has been floated. And why does Antarctica have a nuclear weapon symbol?
Also is the dark purple in S. India a 'former French India' color?

Last edited:
I haven't seen Australian Drakas on maps before although the idea has been floated. And why does Antarctica have a nuclear weapon symbol?
Also is the dark purple in S. India a 'former French India' color?

Antarctic nuclear symbol goes away in completed map. South India is former French India and Mysore.