Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

No comments on Russia rework getting frozen? David Gaider used aprently work on it before focusing on Summerfall Studios.

No comments on Russia rework getting frozen? David Gaider used aprently work on it before focusing on Summerfall Studios.
There are some pretty big differences between why Russia and India were frozen, which are being overlooked by most observers. I don't have a 100% insider perspective, since I don't work on Russia myself, but key differences include:

1. India was frozen because its foundational lore had a mixed reception in the community. Russia, on the other hand, has been well received across the board.

2. As can be seen in PRs, Russia is in a far more complete state than India ever was, with clear designs for gameplay and some features at or near implementation.

3. As stated by team members in the comments for a recent PR, Rylock's departure wasn't the direct cause of the rework's freezing. His primary partner, who continued the rework, is currently busy with other more pressing work. Given that we as a team just got saddled with the largest update to HoI4's fundamentals since launch, if you put two and two together, it's reasonable to assume said developer won't be preoccupied indefinitely.

@Flamefang can we expect more content for China to come soon? It is the best part in the whole mod in my opinion
As always, soon +2 weeks, though I can say that the rework for Shandong had to be cancelled, since the people involved lost interest.

Honestly, I've found myself exhausted by China. It's been my main focus for the past five years, it's hard to find people to work on it with, and it's reached a point where there I don't even want to think about it anymore; I have ideas, but I don't have the energy to implement them; I know how things ought to be, but I can't be bothered to get them there. So, I'll probably be taking a step back from China sooner or later to move on to other things.

That said, I'm not the only person involved in China, so it's unlikely my stepping away would stop the remaining work there.

Last edited:

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
I could call up our good friend Worffan and you'd get an earful about how the Entente is merely a bunch of exiled irrelevant figures with delusions of grandeur and how Edward VIII sympathized with Nazis IOTL, and how the Syndicalists are the good guys because political democracy means nothing without economic democracy and the alternatives offer either just the former or neither, or something like that. But I won't, it's all in good fun and we've had these fruitless debates about the factions worldwide and in the 2ACW countless times in this thread alone. :p

All that aside, that pretty much sums up the wikiboxes on the Kaiserreich subreddit, come to think of it. Favorite ideology and the so-called attempts at making something plausible, sometimes it works and other times the irony of such a statement is blatant. Nonetheless a good joke.

Last edited:
So I've been playing Kaiserreich for the past 6 months and I've also been reading "The Pale Horse Insurgency" here on the site which takes place in NW Montana. One thing that I noticed in that timeline is that among the groups, traditionalist Roman Catholics (those who prefer the Latin Mass) are absent and it makes me wonder, what would happen to the church in the Kaiserreich universe? I know early on you get a new Pope and usually its Pius XII, but would there be a call for reforming the church like there was in the 60's with the 2nd Vatican council? Also how would syndicalist nations treat religion. I know in the CSA there is a blurb about Dororthy Day and the Catholic worker movement, so I assume there at least is freedom of religion and militant atheism might not be a thing in the CSA.

Also in regards to religion, are there differences among certain kinds of syndicalists in regards to religion? Like are totalists more in the vein of state atheists where as your progressives are relatively tolerant of faith? Also, do certain faiths get hated on more in certain countries? Like are syndicalists in Britain going to hate the C of E but are more okay with nonconformists, or are Catholics going to be persecuted in Syndie republics in France and Italy?

Deleted member 82792

Just found this on Alternate History wiki