Also why bother going through the effort of invading and digesting a satellite state with such a stubbornly independent streak when simply plonking in a new Oswald-approved chancellor every now and then and let them deal with the headaches of trying to govern their odd little corner of the world works just as well if not better.
I am sure that ORRA has infiltrated the Carolina government, its businesses and banks have Yankee capital and quite a few of the good Carolina stock have secrets. Plus the NUSA is the biggest trading partner. So all the NUSA needs to do is make some phone calls to make them see reason.

Is it bad that I've gotten so used to the term NUSA that nowadays whenever I hear USA I keep substituting it with NUSA? Am I turning into a Comrade-Patriot? Are the two realities bleeding into each other? Am I simply going insane?

The fact It is somehow more useful than both Australia and Britain has shown how wild this TL has gotten....
I'm not sure why the BU hasn't rebuilt honestly. Steele's pouring in aid money like it's nothing yet the areas outside of London are destitute and crumbling.

The most the Union would want to do is make Carolina stop being so passive-aggressive to everything Yankee culture at least Oswald era aka you are going to have drugged-out sex orgy's and you are going to like it simply because having people say no to Oswald Kun and his ideas is going to piss him off majorly
I'm not sure why the BU hasn't rebuilt honestly. Steele's pouring in aid money like it's nothing yet the areas outside of London are destitute and crumbling.
Corruption my dear boy money goes in but it doesn't come out

Also why bother going through the effort of invading and digesting a satellite state with such a stubbornly independent streak when simply plonking in a new Oswald-approved chancellor every now and then and let them deal with the headaches of trying to govern their odd little corner of the world works just as well if not better.
Because MANIFEST DESTINY!

Jokes aside, i agree this would severly the RU's reputation.... for a couple of days until their other allies realise how much they are dependent on the RU's support

Regarding the "why?", we don't really need anything logical. Maybe Oswald decides that all the old US must be reunited or simply he uses too many drugs that deeply impact his mind and paranoia

The RU's leadership has shown multiple times that it lacks good sense as much as empathy

Also regarding the invasion of the Carolinas , causing problems in the south of the RU: who would rebel exactly?

The RU annexed the southern nations almost a century ago at this point and unlike OTL Phildadelphia put a lot of effort in eradicating resistance and any idea of indipendence or racism against local blacks

Indeed the black population of the RU will fully support an invasion of CoCaro

or racism against local blacks
Its surprising that the RU of all things is weirdly chill on skin colour like didn't that one movie star get cancelled because he got caught being racist or something? I guess It has something to do with that whole anti slavery thing in the AFC or something like that

Its surprising that the RU of all things is weirdly chill on skin colour like didn't that one movie star get cancelled because he got caught being racist or something? I guess It has something to do with that whole anti slavery thing in the AFC or something like that
The dude in question got in trouble for being racist and then for sleeping with a black woman (a Better btw, not an Infee)

The RU has some very weird rules regarding black people

The dude in question got in trouble for being racism and then for sleeping with a black woman (a Better btw, not an Infee)

The RU has some very weird rules regarding black people
Ah that makes sense you can't be racist Black People but you also can't sleep with them. The RU is truly a nation of contradictions

Last edited:
Corruption my dear boy money goes in but it doesn't come out
Given how loony Churchil turned out to be, I say it wouldn't be too far a stretch to say he's not a very good leader. Chances are he's blown all that money on projects like OpCrom and other weapons for killing the Irish as well and trying to rebuild britian to be more american, which probably means a fair amount was spent on tearing down all the old stuff that didn't match his vision

Ah that makes sense you can't be racist to Black People but you also can't sleep with them. The RU is truly a nation of contradictions
All about keeping that Pinnacle Bloodlines pure, baby!

Ah that makes sense you can't be racist Black People but you also can't sleep with them. The RU is truly a nation of contradictions
It was more of a being caught publicly racist and a member of the Party that lead to his downfall. It was more of an example to others. At first the Union accepted Blacks since they were a small minority and to tick off the Southerners. Now they are firm parts of Union society and the most racist people have left for Carolina.

It was more of a being caught publicly racist and a member of the Party that lead to his downfall. It was more of an example to others. At first the Union accepted Blacks since they were a small minority and to tick off the Southerners. Now they are firm parts of Union society and the most racist people have left for Carolina.
Ah yeah It does surprise me that for everything else the Union is Its weirdly progressive on this one singular thing. Seriously Its so weird in comparison to all the genocide murder and propaganda that I honestly questioned if I was making It up for not

Ah yeah It does surprise me that for everything else the Union is Its weirdly progressive on this one singular thing. Seriously Its so weird in comparison to all the genocide murder and propaganda that I honestly questioned if I was making It up for not
Also the RU likes jews ,welcoming jewish refugees from Russia and other nations

Also the RU likes jews ,welcoming jewish refugees from Russia and other nations
Its weird how they actually come across as fairly sympathetic compared to the Super Catholics. I guess that's because the Unions ideology is completely alien and they are so stereotypically American that they sort of become hard to take seriously after a while(Sort of is the key word). While the Super Catholics are a bunch of religious nut jobs who focus all their attention on hating Jews with no memes to distract us from the actual core putrid piece of shit they are

Its weird how they actually come across as fairly sympathetic compared to the Super Catholics. I guess that's because the Unions ideology is completely alien and their so stereotypically American that they sort of become hard to take seriously after a while. While the Super Catholics are a bunch of religious nut jobs who focus all their attention on hating Jews with no memes to distract us from it
That, and the fact that the RU was collectively traumatized by Drummond and the British while their allies stood back and watched. Napo's given NUSA a somewhat sympathetic origin comparable to the PRC, which emerged after nearly a century of collective national trauma from civil war, warlords, the Western powers, and the Japanese. It's no wonder why both nations are authoritarian hellholes. Who knew that subjecting a nation and people to collective trauma and oppression makes them want to be the oppressors? In comparison, the Supercatholics are a movement that emerged simply out of dissatisfaction and radical backsliding. It's not a really great or interesting backstory, but it's one that's sadly possible and true as seen in OTL.

Last edited: