Return of Horrible Educational Maps

I mean...it isn't the worst map in this thread...

So you want a map with sufficient horrible education? There we go:

badaftermath.jpg

(and yes, that site does sell maps)

Wait...French Iran and British Turkmenistan?

Along with independent Shetland and bifurcated Corsica.
Corsica has clearly had another island dropped on it - not sure which one though.

Not to mention badly-drawn post-1991 borders everywhere, Lithuania and Latvia mislabelled, Prussia displayed as lost Russian territory, Alsace-Lorraine in the "retained" colour ... please tell me that at least they're not charging money for it

Crazy Boris

Banned
I dunno what’s more shocking, the fact that people make these maps for educational purposes without any effort or any fact checking or the fact people actually use them.

Come on guys, it’s like, 5 seconds on google to find a good reference for your map. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know what Austria-Hungary’s borders looked like.... or how to spell Hungary

... please tell me that at least they're not charging money for it

Well, I googled around a bit since that map actually doesn't appear on the site from which it is copyright stems from. That and the fact that there is a big watermark on it probably means that somebody else took that map and slapped his interpretation of WWI border changes on it, so mapsofworld.com is likely not the culprit.

That map (including the watermark) does however appear in a 8th grade social studies pdf

Crazy Boris

Banned
Well, I googled around a bit since that map actually doesn't appear on the site from which it is copyright stems from. That and the fact that there is a big watermark on it probably means that somebody else took that map and slapped his interpretation of WWI border changes on it, so mapsofworld.com is likely not the culprit.

That map (including the watermark) does however appear in a 8th grade social studies pdf

Come on Mr. Snyder, you’re better than this... I assume.... or maybe not since you couldn’t even be bothered to use the right flag for Nazi Germany

This Dutch poster dates back to the time of Euro 2012 soccer championship.
Фотка_556030.jpg

You can tell that one of the countries is Poland by the white-red flag filling and four Polish cities within its border.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Independent Tuva, Taiwan, and Kashmir at the same time? How’d that happen?

Also, RIP to the Belarusian and Central Asian SSRs and Dahomey

Also, weird how despite Korea and Vietnam being shown as two countries each (and not Germany), only Seoul and Hanoi are shown as capitals

Also, Nice of Ukraine to let Hungary keep Zakarpattia after the war.

I could go on but I’d be here all night

Also, weird how despite Korea and Vietnam being shown as two countries each (and not Germany), only Seoul and Hanoi are shown as capitals
I find this not to be a mistake but a fascinating look at the flux in geopolitics immediately after World War II.
East and West Germany did not recognize each other until the 1970s, each claiming the other part was just under foreign occupation. You’ll find that many maps until ~1960 showed one Germany. I also see the map as showing Vietnam and Korea as one country with an internal division (see the colors); again, they were in theory one country (with the indicated capitol), with half of it refusing to join elections.

Mark1878

Donor
I find this not to be a mistake but a fascinating look at the flux in geopolitics immediately after World War II.
East and West Germany did not recognize each other until the 1970s, each claiming the other part was just under foreign occupation. You’ll find that many maps until ~1960 showed one Germany. I also see the map as showing Vietnam and Korea as one country with an internal division (see the colors); again, they were in theory one country (with the indicated capitol), with half of it refusing to join elections.

Also many maps during that period would show Jammu/Kashmir as a separate entity to show that it was under disagreement.

China is shown in parts so could be before all became Communist.

This globe is possible after 1948 (creation of Israel) and before 1956 (End of Anglo Egyptian Sudan)

USSR is messed up as Tannu Tuva ended in 1926 (according to Wikipedia)

So it is as if most of the globe was drawn around 1950 but Soviet internals were from earlier.