William of France

Birth of a son
Eleanor of Aquitaine would give birth to their second child, a son, William of France in 1149 in the crusade, followed by a daughter named Alice on 1153, after that, Eleanor of Aquitaine and Louis VII would separate with Eleanor focusing on Aquitaine.

On the majority of William on 1164, he would be proclaimed as the Duke of Aquitaine with his own mother, Eleanor and it was proclaimed that Aquitaine would merge with the royal demesne of France on the death of his father on 1180.

Last edited:
Constance of France
On 1153, Constance of France, sister of Louis VII would announce a birth of a daughter named Adelaide of England with her husband, Eustace of England, a marriage that would take time to give a child, Louis VII would cede to Constance the County of Norman Vexin, she would give birth to a son named Stephen or the Future Stephen II of England on 1158, Constance all in all would have two surviving children, Adelaide of England and Stephen II, Constance would be riddled with miscarriages as the consort and Queen of England.

The marriage of Constance would guarantee that England would not support the claims of Henry of Anjou against her husband or her father-in-law, and that France would not threaten Normandy as long as she was living.

Henry of Anjou would marry Gertrude of Flanders who would fail to produce an offspring and Henry of Anjou would lose against Stephen of Blois in 1154 and killed in action which resulted in the Counties of Anjou and Touraine be divided between his siblings and Maine was seized by Stephen I of England as his ancestors have claims over it.

On 1162, Eustace I of England the betrothal of Constance of Brittany with his son, Stephen.

Matches of the children of Louis VII
On 1158, Marie of France would leave France assisted by her mother, Eleanor of Aquitaine, so that she would marry the future Ferdinand II of Leon, she would make a solid alliance between France and Castile-Leon or Leon only as Marie of France married Ferdinand II of Leon and the relationship between France and Leon would be better as Marie would encourage ties between Leon and France and the relationship between France and Castile would atrophy after the death of Alfonso VII of Castile and Leon.

The two would have the following children:

Alfonso VIII of Leon(1166), Berengaria of Leon(1170), Leonora of Leon(1172), and Ferdinand of Leon(1179).

Louis VII would have Alix of France married to Stephen III of Hungary, a marriage that would create ties between France and Hungary against Barbarossa.

On 1164, William XI, Duke of Aquitaine would marry Infanta Urraca of Portugal to secure an alliance between France and Portugal, creating an alliance between France and Portugal, a marriage which would result in three surviving children, named Philip(1171), Margaret(1170) and Eleanor(1180).

Last edited:
Coronation of William I
On 1180, William XI, Duke of Aquitaine would succeed his father as William I of France and with him his wife, Urraca of Portugal, he is cultured, and his mother tongue is a dialect of the Literary Linguafranca of the Western Mediterranean, not like his own father who has the Northern dialects and Frankish as his own mother tongue which would alienate him to the Northern nobility, he would be known to the people as William the Spider, his mother, Eleanor of Aquitaine would make him less close to his father and focus on the affairs of mother’s duchy and at times clashed with his father about the administration of the Kingdom of France.

The first action of William I of France was to betroth, Matilda, Countess of Anjou and Maine b. 1168, the eldest surviving daughter of William Fitzempress and his wife, Enoguen of Brittany to his own son, Philip, uniting France and Anjou in the long run, Constance’s inheritance would integrate the Counties of Anjou, and Touraine to the French Royal domain, the brother of William Fitzempress, Geoffrey would die without a son as well as he also tried to fight to gain the English Kingdom on 1156 to avenge his brother Henry which resulted in his own death, William would betroth his daughter, Margaret to Otto, Count of Burgundy, the son of Barbarossa.

Last edited:
On 1180, William XI, Duke of Aquitaine would succeed his father as William I of France and with him his wife, Urraca of Portugal, he is cultured, and his mother tongue is a dialect of the Literary Linguafranca of the Western Mediterranean, not like his own father who has the Northern dialects and Frankish as his own mother tongue which would alienate him to the Northern nobility, he would be known to the people as William the Spider, his mother, Eleanor of Aquitaine would make him less close to his father and focus on the affairs of mother’s duchy.

The first action of William I of France was to betroth, Matilda, Countess of Anjou and Maine b. 1168, the eldest surviving daughter of William Fitzempress and his wife, Enoguen of Brittany to his own son, Philip, uniting France and Anjou in the long run, Constance’s inheritance would integrate the Counties of Anjou, and Touraine to the French Royal domain, the brother of William Fitzempress, Geoffrey would die without a son as well as he also tried to fight to gain the English Kingdom on 1156 to avenge his brother Henry which resulted in his own death.
Hello,

Interesting so far. A small note, would William be translated to Guillaume in French?

Map of the French royal demesne on the reign of William I
king_stephen_wins_over_empress_matilda_blesvin_tl__by_kazumikikuchi_detrnwj-fullview (1).jpg

Pope Eugene III did not as Eleanor had hoped, grant an annulment. Instead, he attempted to reconcile Eleanor and Louis, confirming the legality of their own marriage. He proclaimed that no word could be spoken against it, and that it would not be dissolved under any pretext. He even arranged for Eleanor and Louis to sleep in the same bed. Thus, they would conceive their second child, a son, William of France in 1150, followed by a daughter named Alice on 1153, after that, Eleanor of Aquitaine and Louis VII would separate with Eleanor focusing on Aquitaine.

On the majority of William on 1164, he would be proclaimed as the Duke of Aquitaine with his own mother, Eleanor and it was proclaimed that Aquitaine would merge with the royal demesne of France on the death of his father on 1180.
OK, but why would Louis and Eleanor separate now?

On 1154, Raymond V of Toulouse would marry the widow of Henry of Anjou, Gertrude of Flanders, the marriage would fail to produce an offspring and Louis VII and Eleanor of Aquitaine would block any attempt to annul their own wedding whose real agenda is for them is to acquire Toulouse and the Margrave of Provence on the death of Raymond V of Toulouse, which would result in Raymond V failing to sire any legitimate issue.

The marriage would be unhappy and it would end until 1194 when he died and William I of France of would annex the County of Toulouse and Margraviate of Toulouse to the Kingdom of France’s royal demesne which would strengthen the crown of France in the end.
Why do they even need Toulouse and why wouldn't Raymond and Gertrude be able to annul their marriage?

family tree
Eleanor of Aquitane b. 1122 d. 1204 m. Louis VII b. 1120(a)

1a. Marie of France b. 1145 m. Ferdinand II of Leon b. 1137(a)

1a1a. Alfonso VIII of Leon(1166)

1a2a. Berengaria of Leon(1170)

1a3a. Leonora of Leon(1172)

1a4a. Ferdinand of Leon(1179).

2a. William I of France b. 1149 m. Urraca of Portugal b. 1149(a)

2a1a. Margaret of France b. 1170 m. Otto I, Count of Burgundy b. 1168

2a2a. Philip II of France b. 1171 m. Matilda, Countess of Anjou and Touraine b. 1168

2a3a. Eleanor of France b. 1180 b. Roger III of Sicily 1175

3a. Alix of France m. Stephen III of Hungary(a)

1a. William I of Hungary b. 1174

2a. Margaret b. 1175

3a. Andrew of Hungary b. 1177

4a. Eleanor b. 1180

5a. Agnes b. 1184

Last edited:
Raymond V of Toulouse
On 1154, Raymond V of Toulouse would marry Constance of Castile who would give her a daughter until her death in 1160 where in he would remarry to Richeza of Silesia who would guarantee an alliance with the Holy Roman Emperor, Frederick Barbarossa.
Constance of Castile would give Raymond V the following children:
Margaret b. 1158

Richeza of Silesia would give Raymond V the Following children
Faidiva b.1165
Raymond VI of Toulouse b. 1166

Last edited:
On 1152, Alice of Aquitaine would be widowed and would be used as a peace bride to Raymond V of Toulouse who is 9 years her junior, she has a proven fertility with her earlier husband and was not hesitant to marry again as the child of her husbands first wedding is already old enough to rule himself.

The marriage between Alice of Aquitaine would ensure that he would be in peace with the King of France and his wife for the near future as long he is ruling and Alice of Aquitaine was alive.

Alice of Aquitaine would give Raymond V the following children:

Raymond VI b. 1156

Adelaide or Azalais of Toulouse b. 1158

Baldwin b.1165
Azalais?

Also why would this ensure peace...? Surely it causes paranoia that this man will take too much power?