LIVING IN AN AMISH PARADISE
I’VE CHURNED BUTTER ONCE OR TWICE
IT’S HARD WORK AND SACRIFICE
WE SELL QUILTS AT DISCOUNT PRICE
Cue the choir!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I take a look at my life and realize there's nothin' left,
This party-hard feeling, this need to please,
It’s driven us all to utter ruin,

The year's at the spring, and day's at the morn;
I’m in another time back when nothing was wrong,
Those liars better watch how they’re talkin' and where they’re walkin',
Or them and their priest friends might be lined in chalk,

I’m a scavenger, a man of the land,
Got a gun in my hand and a cross around my neck,
So don’t regret and don’t be vain,
Otherwise you’ll be hanging by your neck on the streetlight,

We’ve spent most our lives,
Livin' in an American paradise,
They’ve spent most their lives,
Trapped in a Pinnacle paradise,
People killing for eternal life,
In this American paradise,
Jev’s in His Heaven up on high,
All is right in Paradise

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1637567363674.jpg

Chuck has a dog named Weenie. It's now canon.

I was flipping through my copy of 1984 when I came across this perfect quote:

"The ideal set up by the Party was something huge, terrible, and glittering - a world of steel and concrete, of monstrous machines and terrifying weapons - a nation of warriors and fanatics, marching forward in perfect unity, all thinking the same thoughts and shouting the same slogans, perpetually working, fighting, triumphing, persecuting - three hundred million people all with the same face."

It's weirdly accurate.

I was flipping through my copy of 1984 when I came across this perfect quote:

"The ideal set up by the Party was something huge, terrible, and glittering - a world of steel and concrete, of monstrous machines and terrifying weapons - a nation of warriors and fanatics, marching forward in perfect unity, all thinking the same thoughts and shouting the same slogans, perpetually working, fighting, triumphing, persecuting - three hundred million people all with the same face."

It's weirdly accurate.
That makes sense. Steele-era RU/NUSA was obviously dystopian like 1984. Oswald's era, I think the aesthetic is more "Brave New World"? (Drugs + promiscuity everywhere, less obviously dystopian but still dystopian)?

That makes sense. Steele-era RU/NUSA was obviously dystopian like 1984. Oswald's era, I think the aesthetic is more "Brave New World"? (Drugs + promiscuity everywhere, less obviously dystopian but still dystopian)?
The Steele era: "Comrade-patriot Steele is watching you."

The Oswald era: "Sex, drugs, and cyberfunk."

-A royal decree from Nikolai Arkham Steele-Oswald, crown princess of Holy Nippon.
I don’t even know who you are! Unhand me, woman, or I’ll have ORRA on your head for this!

Anyways, is there any possibility of the AFC religion moderating in anyway in the future of WMIT? Perhaps after an NUSA collapse, the AFC becomes more OTL Mormon like in order to appeal to a more war-weary and disbelieving populace?

Anyways, is there any possibility of the AFC religion moderating in anyway in the future of WMIT?
I think there would have to be at some point. Not everyone can be wound up to fever pitch forever. I think even some of the current ideas could be turned towards a more moderating form. "If everyone who dies in the AFC's wars is a martyr, why not the people who die building it?" asks one future generation. "And if people who helped build it are admitted into Heaven, does that include the Russian laborers that Goodyear employed?" wonders the next. That might not be the most likely train of thought for large numbers of people to follow, but I can see many separate ways individuals in the RU even in the War Years might stumble into crimethink*- ORRA's religious department has to keep busy with something after all.

The AFC's ability to weather changes in power is impressive, but I don't know that they'll be able to hold everything together forever.

*I've actually been mulling over trying to write up something for the expanded universe on the lines of this

Anyways, is there any possibility of the AFC religion moderating in anyway in the future of WMIT? Perhaps after an NUSA collapse, the AFC becomes more OTL Mormon like in order to appeal to a more war-weary and disbelieving populace?
Just look how often denominations split and reform IOTL. They'd probably end up having divisions and even branches/heresies at some point, especially after the NUSA collapses and can't really enforce its idea of proper doctrine anymore. Some of them might be more penitent and (relatively) accepting, while there would probably also be radicals who think the NUSA fell because it wasn't pure enough.

radicals who think the NUSA fell because it wasn't pure enough
Pure in what way though? Different sects will answer that differently. Some will say that NUSA fell because Oswald fostered sexual depravity. Some will say that NUSA fell because not enough land was conquered and NUSA turned away from its destiny. Some will say that NUSA fell because politics were brought into religion. Some will say that NUSA fell because the church took orders from a corrupt government. Some will say that NUSA fell because too many people went to the theatre. Some will say that NUSA fell because it didn't nuke Europe into a glass sheet. Some will say that NUSA fell because it did use nukes in South America. Some will say that NUSA fell because people went astray from the fundamentals of the Holy Books with all this business about another Prophet in the 1900s. Some will say that NUSA fell because people went astray from the fundamentals of the Holy Books with all this business about another Prophet in the 1700s. Some will say that NUSA fell because the English language wasn't purified of Latin elements. Some will say that NUSA fell because not enough men grew beards.

Pure in what way though? Different sects will answer that differently. Some will say that NUSA fell because Oswald fostered sexual depravity. Some will say that NUSA fell because not enough land was conquered and NUSA turned away from its destiny. Some will say that NUSA fell because politics were brought into religion. Some will say that NUSA fell because the church took orders from a corrupt government. Some will say that NUSA fell because too many people went to the theatre. Some will say that NUSA fell because it didn't nuke Europe into a glass sheet. Some will say that NUSA fell because it did use nukes in South America. Some will say that NUSA fell because people went astray from the fundamentals of the Holy Books with all this business about another Prophet in the 1900s. Some will say that NUSA fell because people went astray from the fundamentals of the Holy Books with all this business about another Prophet in the 1700s. Some will say that NUSA fell because the English language wasn't purified of Latin elements. Some will say that NUSA fell because not enough men grew beards.
Can't wait till a civil war in one of the post-NUSA states has 20,000 different militias controlling 2 city blocks each with their own manifestos talking about how their leader's vision for the New Jerusalem is definitely the greatest because its moderate/radical enough to surpass the limitations/over-reaches of the Steele/Oswald era.

What was going to be the Halloween Special '21 has now merged with the weird Amish story into one ridiculous nightmare and I am loving it. This recording of this song is pretty great mood for it.

Paul-Castellano-Bio-Early-Life-Career-Wife-Net-Worth-Death.png

Mannaseh Wende "The Flying Dutchman"

Last edited: