Flag of an Alternate USA (technically a successor state in the early 1800s), the Commonwealth of Columbia. Made for a wikibox with way smaller proportions, but eh. -JustStars
Flag_Commonwealth.png

Flag of an Alternate USA (technically a successor state in the early 1800s), the Commonwealth of Columbia. Made for a wikibox with way smaller proportions, but eh. -JustStars
Flag_Commonwealth.png

Cockade on the flag having cloth/paper folding lines doesn't feel right.
Wouldn't they just make regular circles in cockade colors (black-white-black, in this case) for a flag?

Cockade on the flag having cloth/paper folding lines doesn't feel right.
Wouldn't they just make regular circles in cockade colors (black-white-black, in this case) for a flag?
I dunno, I like the ruffles personally.
Flag_Commonwealth.png
Federalist one-party state?

Deleted member 139407

- Flags of Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro -
Continuing on from my previous post on flags from the TV Anime series, Lupin the 3rd: Part Two, these are the two simple flags from the critically-acclaimed directorial debut of one Hayao Miyazaki. The flags presented here are flags of the Principality of Cagliostro, the central location in the film. Some key facts about the Principality, according to the Sub and without venturing into spoiler territory, is that it is the smallest member of the United Nations, has a population of 3,500, and a fire struck the Prince's Palace which killed the ruling aforementioned Prince and Princess. In their place, and until their only daughter, Princess Clarise, is of age to rule, a regent, the Count of Cagliostro, is ruling in her place and is planning to marry the young princess. Also, there is totally nothing going on behind the scenes of this serene principality. Absolutely nothing at all. Now, on to the flags.

Three flags can be seen clearly seen when both Lupin III and Jigen Daisuke first enter Cagliostro in disguises through the Cagliostroan border. The first flag is, no doubt, the national flag of Cagliostro which is a vertical triband of sky blue and white. In its central band of white is a shield with a golden ram on it with the ram facing the pole. The second and third one are the simplest as they're both cross-baring flags but of differing importance. The first one is a simple red cross on a black field. Judging by when and where the flag is shown throughout the film, this is either the flag of the military, the Principality's Gendarmes, or the personal cross of the Count. The third flag is even harder to pin down, because it only appears in this opening shot at the gate. It is a triangular banner of red-orange with a golden cross (excuse the white, it is purely negative space). If I had to guess, if not purely for decoration, it could be the flag of an administrative division or province of the Principality. This is possible because later on in that same opening scene, Lupin and Jigen visibly pass a village inside the border, but away from the central town adjacent to the Castle of the Count.
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 4.32.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 4.33.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 4.46.16 PM.png

Apologies if these flags have been interpreted before. You can find Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro on Netflix US or on YouTube Movies.

It’s complicated, but the event preceding it‘s establishment is shown in my posts on the wikiboxes thread which I think might provide some valuable information.

-JustStars
This isn't a formal email to your employer, you don't need to sign your name at the end of every comment

refined-wisconsin-flag-2.png

I figured Wisconsin needed a redesign. The arrow symbolizes the state motto "Forward." The red, white, and blue pay homage to the American flag, and the gold star represents Wisconsin's statehood.

Have you seen the Yellow Sign?

YellowSign.png

I've been consumed with an idea recently for a short timeline called the The King In Yellow about a successful progressive third party resulting in President Lovecraft, so I decided to whip up a party standard inspired by the symbol for communism in Disco Elysium. The Independence Party originated in New York City under the patronage of William Randolph Hearst to support his successful run for mayor but began its climb to national prominence following the influx of progressive Republicans under former Vice President Theodore Roosevelt and General Leonard Wood. Combining a strong position on national defense with Hearst's focus on urban renewal and Roosevelt's New Nationalism the party sought a progressive middle ground between the small-government conservatism of the dwindling Republicans and the rural populism of the Democrats. Adopting the color yellow and the elk as electoral symbols, the flag of the Independence Party is colloquially known as the Yellow Sign. The avowed atheism of Lovecraft and his inner circle within the party would earn them the derisive moniker "The Church of Starry Wisdom" at the hands of Longist critics, though this would be adopted out of spite by the party's Depression-era paramilitaries during street battles with the Klan and the Black Legion. Whispers that the Church of Starry Wisdom continues to exist as a secret society within the broader Independence Party are scurrilous rumor.

Last edited:
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?

View attachment 695266

I've been consumed with an idea recently for a short timeline called the The King In Yellow about a successful progressive third party resulting in President Lovecraft, so I decided to whip up a party standard inspired by the symbol for communism in Disco Elysium. The Independence Party originated in New York City under the patronage of William Randolph Hearst to support his successful run for mayor but began its climb to national prominence following the influx of progressive Republicans under former Vice President Theodore Roosevelt and General Leonard Wood. Combining a strong position on national defense with Hearst's focus on urban renewal and Roosevelt's New Nationalism the party sought a progressive middle ground between the conservatism of the dwindling Republicans and the rural populism of the Democrats. Adopting the color yellow and the elk as electoral symbols, the flag of the Independence Party is colloquially known as the Yellow Sign. The avowed atheism of Lovecraft and his inner circle within the party would earn them the derisive moniker "The Church of Starry Wisdom" at the hands of Longist critics, though this would be adopted out of spite by the party's Depression-era paramilitaries during street battles with the Klan and the Black Legion. Whispers that the Church of Starry Wisdom continues to exist as a secret society within the broader Independence Party are scurrilous rumor.
Ambassador to the Soviet Union

Presumably patriotic festivals featuring prussian marches are part of the urban revitalizaton campaign, as is the eventual legalization of easy-to-access euthanasia