Qbam Geographic Maps Thread

Dnieper.png
Dnieper2.png
Maritsa.png
Maritsa2.png

Maritsa, Dnieper, and a few of their surrounding rivers. I changed the Dniester to green as I am not a fan of brown, but I can easily change it back if you want Endy

What sources do you get these from? I'd like to contribute, particularly in North America.
This is where I get most of the rivers. What you want to do is type in "hydrosheds" in the search bar on the left, and you layer the river network and drainage basins map onto their map and you should be good to go!

Okay, but I've got a map out in Mercator. How di I turn Mercator into Q-BAM? GProjector supports neither Mercator as input or QBAM as output.

I have the map from the site, which is a Mercator, but I need to convert it into a Q-BAM. GProjector doesn't let me use Mercator as input or QBam as output. How did you do it?
Well I don't convert anything, I just copy it down through drawing it on MS paint

Hi all, I'm enjoying what you are doing here but I have a few points/suggestions;-

1] I see you are having discussions about the borders of the basins. Putting them in the same black as the shoreline makes it very difficult to remove them if you need to, surely the base-colour of the basin abutting the next basin base-colour gives a suitable "border".
2] I assume you are intending the finished product to be of use as well as artistic. May I suggest that the rivers are made the same colour within their "type/river size/basin size" as the current system seems to be quite confusing from the outside;-
river index.png

This would allow anyone wishing to use the rivers to delete them by colour to the level they require.
Hope you don't think I'm butting in & looking forward to seeing the next sets of basins.

May I make a suggestion?

Karst basins/fake endorheic basins (think all those fields in Herzegovina, lake Prespa) that drain underground should automatically at least be marked as sub-basins

Can anyone help?
I am trying to put together a small run of base-maps with the correct river courses and coastlines;-
This is my WIP of 1AD

Q-BAM2022 0001 Rivers yellow.png

My question is, does anyone have any patches for coastline or river changes over the years.
I've done the Caspian and Aral seas, found the patch for the Netherlands and am working on Chinese rivers and coasts.

If not patches, does anyone have any data on areas that have changed [eg Rann of Kutch or the Wash].
I'm not intending to go any further back than 1,000BC so not paeleological changes.

I thank you in anticipation of any patches, maps, links or data you can provide.
So it does not clog up this thread, can you post to my data collection thread;- Historically adjusted Q-BAMs

Can anyone help?
I am trying to put together a small run of base-maps with the correct river courses and coastlines;-
This is my WIP of 1AD

View attachment 705247
My question is, does anyone have any patches for coastline or river changes over the years.
I've done the Caspian and Aral seas, found the patch for the Netherlands and am working on Chinese rivers and coasts.

If not patches, does anyone have any data on areas that have changed [eg Rann of Kutch or the Wash].
I'm not intending to go any further back than 1,000BC so not paeleological changes.

I thank you in anticipation of any patches, maps, links or data you can provide.
So it does not clog up this thread, can you post to my data collection thread;- Historically adjusted Q-BAMs
China 132bc-700ad.png

Lake Texcoco.png

I did a thing for China with the coasts that should be good for 132bc-700ad
And here's lake texcoco as well

Hispaniola.png
Hispaniola 2.png

Small patch for Hispaniola, trying to get back into doing this and I've got a to-do list for this project, including the remainder of eastern europe, india, central and north america, and some parts of africa

It'd be nice if you could use the subdivision colors for sub-basins, because the Mississippi basin currently is a huge blob of little use. I'd like to be able to recreatethis.
75263238-C7F2-4A7F-BE8F-027628FDA743.jpeg