The VT-BAM project

You can do that state if you like

I mean i feel like this is the only base map that would allow us to make a good and detailed HRE map, that is one of the many purposes and therefore reasons to work on it
And yet there is no proper leading, a lack of interest (aka dead), huge lack of necessary features ( rivers, actually correct lakes, basins, etc.), all that work on admin boundaries only turned out to be spatially inaccurate and lets be honest, noone will ever use all of them. I suggest moving to "examap", a redraw of vtbam.

And yet there is no proper leading, a lack of interest (aka dead), huge lack of necessary features ( rivers, actually correct lakes, basins, etc.), all that work on admin boundaries only turned out to be spatially inaccurate and lets be honest, noone will ever use all of them. I suggest moving to "examap", a redraw of vtbam.
why all this hatred in people trying to keep this map going? Ive never even seen Examap mentioned on this website before, let alone know what it is, Id prefer a homegrown base map anyway. Also you dont need a leader to do a good base map, just people who want to make it work, as for interest, it has small interest, but is still alive for now, and the rest will get added and/or fixed over time, and idc if im the only one who ever uses my map, the point is I had fun making it wtf.

You are welcome to completely ignore the VT-BAM in all your future endeavours if you want to. As for us who find it useful, I think we might keep using it.
As for "examap", what is that and do you have a link?

why all this hatred in people trying to keep this map going? Ive never even seen Examap mentioned on this website before, let alone know what it is, Id prefer a homegrown base map anyway. Also you dont need a leader to do a good base map, just people who want to make it work, as for interest, it has small interest, but is still alive for now, and the rest will get added and/or fixed over time, and idc if im the only one who ever uses my map, the point is I had fun making it wtf.
i never forced anyone to stop or express any angriness and hatred? I am just saying that this project is full of holes here and there, and it wouldnt be beneficial, at least for me, to work on it. Please don't create tension that comes from nowhere. You are welcome to ignore different opinions.

It is a redraw of VT-BAM, but with "connected" pixel lines, and better. More information in this discord MOD EDIT
You are welcome to completely ignore the VT-BAM in all your future endeavours if you want to. As for us who find it useful, I think we might keep using it.
As for "examap", what is that and do you have a link?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a redraw of VT-BAM, but with "connected" pixel lines, and better. More information in this discord MOD EDIT

As someone who's used the VT-BAM for a couple of things but has, admittedly, not contributed in years, I have to say that anything on an external discord server is essentially useless to me as an alternative.

I've always found Discord useful for ongoing chat, but awful for trying to actually find past posts or commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with linking to a map that's being developed offsite, but the 99.9% of people who are not Extremely Online teenagers are not going to use a "discord" and would prefer something publicly hosted on a real website instead of just a chatroom.

Kick
There's nothing wrong with linking to a map that's being developed offsite, but the 99.9% of people who are not Extremely Online teenagers are not going to use a "discord" and would prefer something publicly hosted on a real website instead of just a chatroom.
talk about being an out of touch boomer lmao

vt-bam is dead

Im fine with a discord theoretically, but I decided to check out this discord and well lets just say its not good, from what I say its full of just edgy right wingers and other toxic groups, not good

talk about being an out of touch boomer lmao

vt-bam is dead

Honestly? Im starting to think your rant against vt-bam will be what makes it popular again

Look, for the people that have got me wrong, i never wanted to bring forth a drama or something, i just wanted to say that the vtbam is "dead", and going nowhere, would be better if we move to a better remake of it. obviously its my opinion so you can ignore that, i was not forcing anyone to comply and follow my thoughts. As for the server, maybe it doesnt suit you people's style, sorry my bad, i should have put more thoughts before posting the link. Our server does indeed follow unseriousness and toxicity. If nobody objects, i am just going to make a seperated thread for this examap here, better than showing it here and now than having to open up discord, a "chatroom" for "extremely online teenagers".
(Please dont get me wrong or anything)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    363.2 KB · Views: 185
You can do that state if you like
Thanks! I might be a little bit slow, since my motivation for base-mapping varies over time.
Im fine with a discord theoretically, but I decided to check out this discord and well lets just say its not good, from what I say its full of just edgy right wingers and other toxic groups, not good
A few months ago, I also encountered that discord. While not every discord server needs rules for everything, the server lacked even the most basic rules against hate-speech and discrimination. A good server should at least try to avoid becoming a place for toxic stuff.

I guess we should give the basemap just some time. From time to time people will find the motivation to improve it.
A large collaborative basemap like the VT-Bam can only work as a long time project.
People should improve the areas they like. The more maps based on VT-Bam exists, the longer this project will be alive.