AHC/WI: Spanish North America

What if the Spaniards colonized the entire coast of North America before the English did? There is a Spanish ruled strip of land from Texas to Maine.

I do. I simply mean broader North America
More massive land extents to control and defend, and indigenous tribes to fight and submit. And taking in count that the spanish don't were really inspired in conquer a land that wasnt really full of benefits, like Mexico or Venezuela and Colombia, the spanish would be likely to only maintain ports and little villages and forts (until the cotton of virginia and the southern states is discovered) to maintain the natives out of the populaces.

Maybe England would do the same that they did with New Amsterdam, but since you are saying that the coastline is from Texas to Maine, I really doubt that they would sell such a vast ammount of ports that could be used to expand their commerce and control trought their colonies, and even into the Atlantic Sea.

More massive land extents to control and defend, and indigenous tribes to fight and submit. And taking in count that the spanish don't were really inspired in conquer a land that wasnt really full of benefits, like Mexico or Venezuela and Colombia, the spanish would be likely to only maintain ports and little villages and forts (until the cotton of virginia and the southern states is discovered) to maintain the natives out of the populaces.

Maybe England would do the same that they did with New Amsterdam, but since you are saying that the coastline is from Texas to Maine, I really doubt that they would sell such a vast ammount of ports that could be used to expand their commerce and control trought the colonies.
Diseases would wipe out most natives and a colony of 300 could turn into 3000 in a century just with natural growth. Once the initial 5 years have passed the colonies would be self sustaining and easy to maintain

Diseases would wipe out most natives and a colony of 300 could turn into 3000 in a century just with natural growth. Once the initial 5 years have passed the colonies would be self sustaining and easy to maintain
Consider the fact that the main objective of Spain in America was obtain gold, spices, and other goods like sugar, coffee, and in the case of North America, tea. Maybe in the mid's 1600's the real conquest of the north hemisphere would start after start the establishment of massive cotton, sugar and tea plantations that, as I said, could be a great boost in the spanish expansionism into the inner continent. But well, it really depends of the spanish crown's efforts and funds to continue the colonization, since english were really excited with the idea of obtain american colonies, like the barbados and other caribbean islands.