An old Axis invasion of the US story ?

MaxGerke01

Banned
So does anyone remember an old ah story that was more like an online story or novel rather than a timeline about the Axis invading the US in 1946? It had a mushroom cloud on the cover and would have been around like 1997-2003

Last edited:

Deleted member 2186

Do you know where its located or if its still there ?
I once created a TL based on that book which was based on 12 episodes written by Fred Allhof between August 24th to 16th November 1940 in the Liberty magazine and later bundled into a book which was published in the 1970s, the introduction in the book begin as follows:

On June 10, 1939, Liberty publisher, Bernar Macfadded, stated in a editorial that there would be "no war for a year,maybe five years" with Germany, thus Allhof own World War II does not begin until 1945, based on three quite logical premises: first, that Hitler would never gamble on a two front war and thus would honor the nonaggression pact with Stalin, Second, that both Germany and Japan would settle down to assimilating their conquered territories, preferring to extend their power by diplomatic coups and international blackmail. And third, that with European war at a standstill, America would slow her own rearmament efforts and retreat to an isolation position.

Lightning in the Night timeline

I once created a TL based on that book which was based on 12 episodes written by Fred Allhof between August 24th to 16th November 1940 in the Liberty magazine and later bundled into a book which was published in the 1970s, the introduction in the book begin as follows:

On June 10, 1939, Liberty publisher, Bernar Macfadded, stated in a editorial that there would be "no war for a year,maybe five years" with Germany, thus Allhof own World War II does not begin until 1945, based on three quite logical premises: first, that Hitler would never gamble on a two front war and thus would honor the nonaggression pact with Stalin, Second, that both Germany and Japan would settle down to assimilating their conquered territories, preferring to extend their power by diplomatic coups and international blackmail. And third, that with European war at a standstill, America would slow her own rearmament efforts and retreat to an isolation position.

Lightning in the Night timeline
I liked the timeline, but the numerous grammatical errors were more than a bit distracting to be honest.

MaxGerke01

Banned
Lightning in the Night sounds interesting but ts not the one Im thinking.I dont think it was ever published and it was written late 1990s -early 2000s as far as I know.