Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably we stole those bits of New France from you guys sooner ITTL. :p

Toronto, though, I suspect is a basemap problem.
What's the point of having both the main cities of New France on the fricking border ?
I mean, seriously, the Saint-Laurent was the heart of New France, making it into a border makes no sense.

Presumably we stole those bits of New France from you guys sooner ITTL. :p

Toronto, though, I suspect is a basemap problem.
Toronto was purely an oversite on my half, will update the map in a bit (probably won't reuplod it, though).
As for the Saint-Laurent border @DracoLazarus it's like that purely because I personally think it looks nicer. I took some liberties, that much is obvious, but they are liberties that I can easily explain through lore and in-timeline events.

desnyyv-4425ae75-c504-4b5a-b1d2-fd88a6a8e20a.png

Vectis - Capital of the province of Britannia in Scotty-Fresh's Roman CYOH.

Espanha é Nossa.png

A Espanha é Nossa!
A map in the year of our Lord 1545 Anno Domini...

Can you spot all the divergences? there are a lot of them!

(This map was a lot of fun to make, and I couldn't have done it without the hard work of the folks who craft the beautifully and absurdly detailed Q-BAM base maps. thank you!!!)

Last edited:
British Isles 100m sea level rise topo.png
British Isles 100m sea level rise regions.png
A VT-BAM of the British isles with 100 m sea level rise, topographic and grouped into sixteen "regions" which make vague geographical sense. In some of the narrower straits and isthmuses in *England, it's not always clear whether they should have a land connection or not. Feel free to use this as a resource if you want.

Cool map mate! What happened in Mexico? Did the Aztecs get btfo'd by the Tarascans? And what's that red in the Persian Gulf? Are those the Knights of Saint John? 😳
that isn't the knights, its a minor emirate based out of basrah (in hindsight the colors are really close)
the Aztecs got gtfo'd by an alliance headed by the Matlatzinca and Otomi

No description for 28 in Italy btw
Added info to top of map, but since you asked:

28 for Italy should be " The Universal Slavic Republic is building six new million inhabitant cities in Siberia. It's more about securing the area against the Chinese than any sensical economics."

3 for Jamaica should be "As both a member of the Francophonie and a full member of the Afro-American Market, the Ivory Coast has a somewhat complicated and bureaucrat-annoying status."

19 For Japan should be the label for Antarctica.

View attachment 687179
A Espanha é Nossa!
A map in the year of our Lord 1545 Anno Domini...

Can you spot all the divergences? there are a lot of them!

(This map was a lot of fun to make, and I couldn't have done it without the hard work of the folks who craft the beautifully and absurdly detailed Q-BAM base maps. thank you!!!)
I feel like people always underestimate how little of south central ukraine was actually under Lithuanian hegemony. The issue is that the tatars did not care about borders, and the local ukrainian peasantry had little to no allegiances to any government that wasnt a local one.
Would be nice to see these EU4 start date style maps with more accuracy and less EU4 lol

I feel like people always underestimate how little of south central ukraine was actually under Lithuanian hegemony. The issue is that the tatars did not care about borders, and the local ukrainian peasantry had little to no allegiances to any government that wasnt a local one.
Would be nice to see these EU4 start date style maps with more accuracy and less EU4 lol
the squeaky grease gets the wheel

image_2021-10-14_092651.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.