As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

DECEMBER 1995
The Secret of Bear Mountain
Gold-Diggers-The-Secret-of-Bear-Mountain-gold-diggers-the-secret-of-bear-mountain-40793788-853-480.png

Released by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment
Notes:
- Known IOTL as Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain. (Worst title for a movie about teenage girls IMHO).
- The Gold Diggers part of the title was taken out at the request of studio chairman Richard Donner.
- The film begins with a rare variant of the WBFE logo (LINK).

JANUARY 1996
Bio Dome
tumblr_lg485dx5lp1qf1085o1_1280.jpg

Released by Turner

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
mljyb_tnl_1920x1080.jpg

Released by Hollywood Pictures

From Dusk till Dawn
25ad9b641d6e197b27159a257299a42de438bb361d3b07a27c4170fa74be8d93._RI_.jpg

Released by Golden Harvest

Big Bully
MV5BODBiN2ZjMGQtNTU3OS00ZTNlLTg2NjQtODA0NTliMTkzYmE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.

FEBRUARY 1996
Black Sheep
black%20sheep-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Paramount Pictures

Happy Gilmore
adam-sandler-happy-gilmore.jpg

Released by Universal Pictures

Bottle Rocket
bottle-rocket-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema

Trainspotting
3473.jpg

Released by Gramercy Pictures
Notes: This was Gramercy's first release after Roger Corman officially took over as studio chief.

Now and Then
MV5BMTM3NTYzOTU3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYxMTg0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Released by Touchstone Pictures

Muppet Treasure Island
1180-x-600-021616_muppet-treasure-island-20th-did-you-know-780x440.jpg

Released by Jim Henson Pictures
NOTES: This was the first Henson film with a new logo (LINK).
Wait. Where's Wes Craven's Scream?

Last edited:
  1. Touche, Though you have a good point about 20K Leagues fitting in better with Euro Disneyland than American Odyssey.
  2. Good point.
  3. Maybe the big ride, along with any licensed IP rides in the area, Would be a show about America's relationship with immigration built in a replica of Ellis Island. So basically a Carousel of Progress-style ride all about immigration.
  4. So a few references by the corrupt cops and some wanted posters hidden in the scenery? That could work!
1. Yes, although it depends on whether Disney licensed the Star Wars property for Star Tours since Euro Disney probably has it ITTL if that's the case.
3. Yeah, that's how I imagine a dark ride about the Statue of Liberty to be.
4. It won't offend the Japanese since the mafia references are few and far between (not to mention they don't resemble the Yakuza), but it still adds to the atmosphere to the ride, so yes, it should work for American Odyssey.

Considering that the ride is basically a more meta version of the Sorceror's Apprentice segment of Fantasia Mickey fits the ride perfectly.
Mickey it is then. I really like the concept of the ride though. Whimsical but fun.

I don't know how most of the various lands would be arranged but I had the idea of the NYC/Big Apple land filling the rough position of being American Odyssey's Main Street USA as well as its hub area.

The South land would definitely be in the Jazz era both because of Japan's fascination with Jazz and to avoid undue romanticization of the Antebellum era.
That's how I view the NYC area in American Odyssey, since it is known for being the iconic gateway of immigrants into America.

Fair enough on The South. Plus that setting can include African American artists like Louis Armstrong, so that's already far better representation than the Antebellum era.

I would use Alaska as the seventh area that we can have a Mont Denili Coaster
That's a good point actually. Then Alaska should be the final land for the Denali E-Ticket for that reason. Maybe we could get the story of Balto into the land as well?

1. Yes, although it depends on whether Disney licensed the Star Wars property for Star Tours since Euro Disney probably has it ITTL if that's the case.
3. Yeah, that's how I imagine a dark ride about the Statue of Liberty to be.
4. It won't offend the Japanese since the mafia references are few and far between (not to mention they don't resemble the Yakuza), but it still adds to the atmosphere to the ride, so yes, it should work for American Odyssey.
  1. Good point.
  2. Initially, the concept was about the history of the statue itself. Now it's about the history of the statue as a symbol.
  3. Just a little bit of color added to the atmosphere of the ride.
Mickey it is then. I really like the concept of the ride though. Whimsical but fun.
In other words, it's quintessentially Disney.
That's how I view the NYC area in American Odyssey, since it is known for being the iconic gateway of immigrants into America.

Fair enough on The South. Plus that setting can include African American artists like Louis Armstrong, so that's already far better representation than the Antebellum era.

That's a good point actually. Then Alaska should be the final land for the Denali E-Ticket for that reason. Maybe we could get the story of Balto into the land as well?
We should probably limit the number of lands a bit. Unless we want American Odyssey to have seven lands like Tokyo DisneySea's seven ports-of-call I'd think that that was a bit too busy. What do you think?

I'm thinking that a restaurant where you can be serenaded by animatronic Jazz musicians would be a great concept for the park.

Along with Deathchill Manor, naturally.

1. Good point.
  2. Initially, the concept was about the history of the statue itself. Now it's about the history of the statue as a symbol.
  3. Just a little bit of color added to the atmosphere of the ride.
2. Why not both? Have the narrative of immigrants arriving in America be interwoven into the history of the Statue of Liberty to show why it became such an iconic American symbol.

We should probably limit the number of lands a bit. Unless we want American Odyssey to have seven lands like Tokyo DisneySea's seven ports-of-call I'd think that that was a bit too busy. What do you think?
I'd say that 7 lands is perfectly fine for American Odyssey since the land occupied by TDS is large enough at 121 acres (larger than Tokyo Disneyland). Plus I think it's the right amount to represent most of the cultural regions in the United States.

Is Cummo working on universal healthcare now. I belive enough time has past from okahoma city to all him to prosue another big project

Oldnavy I remember in the original American Magic you said that New Orleans Jazz land theme-park was owned by the Benson family a local New Orleans dynasty know for owning the the Saints. I thought it was built by Spanish theme park giant Prague Reunidos . We were both wrong. It was build a conglomerate called Ogden Crop (They latter changed their name to Covanta). However Ogden decide to sell the leisure division to the Greek company called Alfa Smart parks before Jazzland opened. Alfasmart parks then sold Jazzland to Six flags but they keep their other proprieties (Mostly water parks and arcades but they did own Castle Parks in Riverside California ). Alfasmart Parks then merged with Palace Entertainment in 2002 and then was bought by Prague Reunidos in 2007. Do you like the idea of butterflying Odgen building Jazzland and having the Benson buidl a themepark but instead of building it in New Orleans they build it another Lousian city , one that hit less hard by Hurricane Katrine. Ogden sitll sell thier parks to Alfa but with out jazzland Alfa decides to buy out Aemricana park in Monroe Ohio. I have fond memroies of that park and I hope someone will save it atl. Do you have any other ideas for saving Amercana

I just realized something regarding Goof Troop.

Technically, we still have a sarcastic wife named Peg who's married to an overbearing potbellied father over on the Fox network. It's just that in this universe, that wife is animated and has canine-like features. Who knew?

Worlds of wonder is open soon and will being useing my deviles the devils gambling den idea. I have now thought of more sceans then just the dicing with the devile finale. They include a bank of slot machines spinging a 666 jackput, a grusume vegas buffet,a theather with a zombie band,vampire showgrils, a werewolf comdeain or magic show done by cross between a stage magiang and evil wizard (take your pick) and scean incloing someone pulling the death card and deing

Oldnavy would you mind making an anitmion pipline like you use to do in the oringal american. So things to consider for the piplein include my hero unplugged idea(ask and I will give you a refresher) an aniamted version of the hithikers guide to the galaxy, (Don Bluth wanted to do animated verison of it) or an adaption of Santa (It was sussope to blue sky's first project. Anybody any other ideas for the pipeline. They can be our orignal ideas, adaption of books comcis or even video games that you think would make a good movie , canceled projects or movies that acuatly came out. Ps Oldnavy is casopiea being relaeased in america like it was in the orignal american magic or did the fact that toy story was CG like otl butterfly Cassopeipia being translated for american markets. Interstly fact there was an english dub of cassepia but it was made for the Australasian market

Last edited:
Well as I wait for the next post, here is a full list of the NWA:

The NWA reorganized itself in 1990 with Mid Atlantic Wrestling renaming itself World Championship Wrestling.
World Championship Wrestling
Owner: Jim Crockett Jr.

Circuit territory:

Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.

Titles:

NWA World Television Championship
WCW Heavyweight Championship
WCW Tag Team Championship
WCW Junior Heavyweight Championship
WCW Women's Championship

American Wrestling Association
Owner: Greg Gagne and Eric Bischoff

Circuit Territory:

Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, WIsconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Misssouri

Titles:

AWA Openweight Championship
AWA Tag Team Championship
AWA Women's Championship
AWA Six-Man Championship

World Wide Wrestling Federation
Owner: Robert "Gorilla Monsoon" Marella

Circuit Territory:

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Massachutes, Delaware, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

Titles:

WWWF Heavyweight Championship
WWWF Intercontinental Championship
WWWF Tag Team Championship
WWWF Women's Championship

Southwest Championship Wrestling.
Owner: Herb Adams

Circuit Territory:

Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico.

Titles:

SCW Heavyweight Championship.
SCW Television Championship.
SCW Tag Team Championship.

Baja California de Lucha Libre
Owner: Antonio Pena and Konnan.

Circuit Territory:
California, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, Mexico.

Titles:

BCLL Aztec Championship
BCLL Trios Championship
BCLL Rio Grande Championship

That's all I got for now, what do you guys think?