As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

If I can suggest a small change, I'd like to see Carl Weathers' character in Happy Gilmore not get killed off. I felt it was a waste of a good character.

Last edited:
1: Ouch. Something tells me that they would have gotten a few more ticket sales if they had kept the "Gold Diggers" name. Simply because fighting the sequel to one of Marvel's most iconic superheroes is a losing battle as soon as it's announced.
2: Yeesh. I have no further comment on that.
3: Either way, it's a good thing that movie still exists.
The real reason WB changed the title because even in 1995, "Gold Digger" carries some unfortunate connotations that would've misled viewers.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gold Digger

Has the Cessars world CedarFair go through. As I said before I think the cessars world deal is a bad idea because ceaser world was in bad shape in the 90's. They were bought out in 1999. Better buyers of cedar fari include Six kings, Parmount (with the succes of the pinicle they may want to expand the theme park devepment and they may feel buying out cedar fair would be god way to jump start develment. I would also have them target Festia texas ) Henson Circus Circus hasbro, Hoilday inn, Landry's, Inc. (They own galvaston peleasure peir otl) Wynn Resorts Carnival corp or Regal entertainment

1. Not a bad idea. I've heard that the South was bustling with activity during the Jazz Age so it might be a good historical setting for al and.
2. More like Moby Dick, to be honest.
3. It's possible, since Walt Disney did give Native American tribes a platform in Frontierland, despite the setting being very much favored towards White Americans with stereotypes towards other groups of people. I expect Junior to be much more respectful towards Native Americans if Disney ever built a land dedicated to them.
4. Interesting. Goldwind's suggestion of a Denali coaster would also be very good for the park as well.
5. Ehhhh, I would prefer Japantown or even Little Tokyo since Japan and China don't exactly have the best relations with each other.
6. A dark ride based on the history of the Statue of Liberty? That could work.
7. Yeah, maybe we'll get a ride that's like Proto Test Track, which would be nice.
  1. Especially if you can get a proper Jazz club in said land. Especially since I've learned that the Japanese have a fondness for Jazz music.
  2. I was thinking that a ride based on historic whaling wouldn't fly in a post-Greenpeace era. Hence having the ride center around an attack by a fictitious giant squid monster instead.
  3. Pretty much what I was thinking. You have to move with the times. Especially when it comes to representing minority cultures.
  4. Disney's American Odyssey would need at least one major thrill ride. And the Denali coaster could be it.
  5. Maybe the Little Tokyo land could be next to a land based on Old Hollywood. Which would be well-suited with a ride that's a variation on The Great Movie Ride.
  6. I wasn't quite sure what premise would fit in that space, but a ride based on the history of the iconic statue itself could work.
  7. You'd have to be a madman to have a land themed after the Motor City without one car-based attraction. Maybe you could have the attraction be built in a building with the facade of the historic Packard plant in its heyday.
  8. Could it be possible to squeeze in a ride themed after the Mafia or would that be too controversial? Like you're a witness to the dirty deed and the Mob is gunning for your life! It'd be a fast-paced ride where you and your fellow riders dodge cars of mobsters in Prohibition-Era Chicago. Like what Superstar Limo before Princess Di's death put the kibosh on the initial paparazzi-focused premise of the ride.

Entertainment News for Early March 1996
Disney confirms that their Long Beach project is on hold as they turn their attention to bringing second gates to Tokyo and Anaheim.
- The Orange County Register

Paramount Communications inches closer to acquiring Cedar Fair.
- Reuters

Hasbro, Nintendo confirm they have extended their licensing deal with Universal Studios just in the nick of time as Comcast Recreational lays the groundwork for a second gate in Orlando.
- The Providence Journal

Six Kings confirms they are developing a theme park on the site of the former Hollywood Park race track in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, who recently opted out of their previous licensing deal with Universal Studios. Six Kings also recently extended its existing licensing agreement with Columbia-TriStar for the DC Comics characters.
- The Los Angeles Times

On the eve of completing the Carolco transaction, TimeWarner acquires both Namco USA and Knott's Berry Farm.
- The Detroit Free Press

The Sports Page
@farmerted555 @mrcubfan415 @stratonascar

Portland, Las Vegas and Kansas City are the frontrunners to lure the NHL's Calgary Broncos out of Alberta.
- The Hockey News

What little remains of the once-mighty Taft conglomerate has put the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals for sale, leaving the team vulnerable to a possible relocation to Nashville, St. Louis, Baltimore or Las Vegas.
- Sports Illustrated

In a special ballot, voters approve new ballparks for the Chargers and Padres. This comes after the wildly successful opening of the Qualcomm Center, home to the Mighty Ducks and Clippers.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune

San Jose, Sacramento and even Salt Lake City are jockeying to roll out the welcome mat for the unhappy Los Angeles Raiders. Hopes of the Raiders moving back to Oakland were dashed last week when voters rejected a proposal to expand the existing Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. In recent years, Raider boss Al Davis has become increasingly frustrated with his team's inability to compete with the NFL Rams on the field and at the ticket window. Unwilling to share Amblin Field with the Rams, the Raiders have sought a facility of their own in multiple sites around Los Angeles County. The Irwindale proposal a few years ago came and went with the land sitting untouched. Now, Long Beach hopes to throw a Hail (Queen) Mary to woo the Raiders. While they wait, the NFL still plans to schedule the Raiders' home games for 1996 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, where the team has played since 1982.
- ESPN's Outside the Lines

Disney confirms that their Long Beach project is on hold as they turn their attention to bringing second gates to Tokyo and Anaheim.

- Reuters

Hasbro, Nintendo confirm they have extended their licensing deal with Universal Studios just in the nick of time as Comcast Recreational lays the groundwork for a second gate in Orlando.
- The Providence Journal

Six Kings confirms they are developing a theme park on the site of the former Hollywood Park race track in partnership with The Jim Henson Company, who recently opted out of their previous licensing deal with Universal Studios. Six Kings also recently extended its existing licensing agreement with Columbia-TriStar for the DC Comics characters.
- The Los Angeles Times

On the eve of completing the Carolco transaction, TimeWarner acquires both Namco USA and Knott's Berry Farm.
- The Detroit Free Press
1: Seems reasonable to me.
2: Cool.
3: This is perfect!
4: Wow! I can't wait to see how this develops!
5: Wait. So, TimeWarner now owns Carolco, Namco, and Knott's Berry Farm? If so, then I think that's enough properties for now.

Considering his name alone is basically a punchline? Not so much.
Pauly Shore is tame compared to, unfortunately, another adversary for Daniel Abbott to deal with, even while recovering from his kidney transplant.

That adversary is Dennis Falk. Known by the earliest internet users as Quozl, Falk ITTL still harbors an extreme obsession with Tiny Toon Adventures like he did IOTL. Falk went so far as to follow Rachel Stone-Abbott as she drove home from the Warner Bros. studio at least three times. Apart from that, Falk also caused Tress MacNielle to skip a bunch of conventions in the last few years.

- Reuters

- The Providence Journal

- The Los Angeles Times

- The Detroit Free Press

The Sports Page

Portland, Las Vegas and Kansas City are the frontrunners to lure the NHL's Calgary Broncos out of Alberta.
- The Hockey News

What little remains of the once-mighty Taft conglomerate has put the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals for sale, leaving the team vulnerable to a possible relocation to Nashville, St. Louis, Baltimore or Las Vegas.
- Sports Illustrated

In a special ballot, voters approve new ballparks for the Chargers and Padres. This comes after the wildly successful opening of the Qualcomm Center, home to the Mighty Ducks and Clippers.

San Jose, Sacramento and even Salt Lake City are jockeying to roll out the welcome mat for the unhappy Los Angeles Raiders. Hopes of the Raiders moving back to Oakland were dashed last week when voters rejected a proposal to expand the existing Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. In recent years, Raider boss Al Davis has become increasingly frustrated with his team's inability to compete with the NFL Rams on the field and at the ticket window. Unwilling to share Amblin Field with the Rams, the Raiders have sought a facility of their own in multiple sites around Los Angeles County. The Irwindale proposal a few years ago came and went with the land sitting untouched. Now, Long Beach hopes to throw a Hail (Queen) Mary to woo the Raiders. While they wait, the NFL still plans to schedule the Raiders' home games for 1996 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, where the team has played since 1982.
I would have wait a few more years before having warner buying out Namco becuase Namco didn't start declineing until the asain fincalil crisis began in 1997.

Pauly Shore is tame compared to, unfortunately, another adversary for Daniel Abbott to deal with, even while recovering from his kidney transplant.

That adversary is Dennis Falk. Known by the earliest internet users as Quozl, Falk ITTL still harbors an extreme obsession with Tiny Toon Adventures like he did IOTL. Falk went so far as to follow Rachel Stone-Abbott as she drove home from the Warner Bros. studio at least three times. Apart from that, Falk also caused Tress MacNielle to skip a bunch of conventions in the last few years.
Might as well have Daniel Abbott go after Christian Weston Chandler at this point.

The Sports Page

- The Hockey News

- Sports Illustrated

Guesses for what happens next

NHL: Calgary Broncos relocate to Las Vegas, NV and will become the Golden Knights
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals relocate to Nashville, TN and will become the Tennessee Tigers while the Los Angeles Raiders may relocate to Sacramento or San Jose or maybe Las Vegas.