Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My timezone ISOT series has now crossed over the international date line to the western hemisphere with UTC-12:00 and UTC-11:00.

View attachment 679322
UTC-12:00
Regions transported: Howland and Baker Islands

With a blinding flash, humanity was no more. All signs of our presence on the Earth were wiped clean as the planet was returned to its natural state. All signs that is apart from a handful of decaying ruins on two obscure islands in the Pacific. Perhaps a visiting intelligence who stumbled upon the remains would wonder about their origins on a world otherwise seemingly devoid of intelligence. Perhaps the seabirds for whom the old beacons provided a convenient roost would over many generations evolve sentience themselves, unaware of their planet's lost civilisation. Or perhaps, the relentless wind and waves would wipe away these last remnants as the Earth itself will eventually be stripped back to a bare rock wandering between the stars in a lonely corner of the infinite universe. All are possible at the end of the day.

View attachment 679323
UTC-11:00
Regions transported: Midway Atoll, United States Line Islands, American Samoa, Niue

As the only inhabited land in the northern hemisphere, the US government personnel and contractors stationed on Midway Atoll found themselves truly alone in the middle of the vast ocean. With no external source of supplies, the islanders were forced to turn their attentions to mere survival, growing what food they could and fishing the lagoon. New settlements were established on the atoll's Eastern Island, and later on Kure Atoll to the west.

Far to the south, and unaware of the subsistence struggles of the Midway Islanders, the United States' only other inhabited territory of American Samoa while being hit by the loss of trade with the US mainland was in a far better position to take advantage of the disappearance of their western neighbour. Settlement of Savai'i and Upolu as well as the smaller surrounding island and the atolls of Tokelau required investments in the now de facto independent country's infrastructure, expanding its economic as well as geographic horizons. A compact of free association was also negotiated with Niue as Pago Pago took over the services previously provided to the island by Wellington. Samoans' expansion continued westward to Tonga with the islands being organised as a territory. Meanwhile to the northeast, the unorganised territories of the US Line Islands remained unvisited and unknown beyond their occasional appearance a map.
Chilling stuff.

Eparkhos

Banned
Actually I think humanity would survive in GMT-2, as Fernando de Noronha has a population of around 3k and if the ISOT is done in good weather there should be enough ships and planes on the island for people to reach the mainland (~200 miles away). They'd probably settle around Natal and go about repopulating the world.

Talk about coming to Brazil, this time Brazil will be coming to you.

It's just the Amazon logo. A purposely smug smirk.
So what I profited billions of dollars last year? I'm a megacorporation, of course I'll be subsidized by your taxes.
I know its the Amazon logo and is meant to be a smile because Amazon can get everything from A to Z (America to Zimbabwe?). It looks particularly sinister with the black background.
4GZ2L2g.jpg

Last edited:

So, I decided to make a Venera map. It's pretty empty ngl. The big flag is where the capital is, the red line is the Orbital Ring, and the red dots are space elevator towers, Factories are well, factories, and the shields are Strongholds, basically they are huge fortifications meant to defend the planet in case of either an invasion, or orbital bombardment. I think I spent more time on the pixel animation and UI. I did some basic animations, that are sort of the main attraction.

The factories are all close together because Venera is still meant to be an Eden world of sorts, so people live in fancy arcologies reaching up to the skies, with huge continent-wide lush gardens for the aristocracy to mingle and chat in.

This application, Infoviewer, is probably accessible only to the high aristocracy, which means the Imperial Family, sector governors (who only get the version that has info for their sectors) and the High Admiral and his direct subordinates (you can't go into battle if you don't know your battlefield.) Even then, chats are encrypted so that all names and locations are blurred. The symbols as pfps is mostly for 1-to-1 chat, and they are kept. So for example, if you were to record it (as this image is meant to be sort of, sorta like looking at the screen through team viewer or sth) the names would show up as errors. That, and because I want to keep some secrecy for system names :3
Something about "terrifying fascist hellstate spreading its taint across the galaxy, and also it's run by a big-titted anime girl" sends a chill down my spine.

Last edited:
Something about "terrifying fascist hellstate spreading its taint across the galaxy, and also it's run by a big-titted anime girl" sends a shiver down my spine.

That's the average Stellaris AAR, really. Especially now that they've added a Pleasure Seekers trait for humanoid civilizations, alongside the Star Wars clone army and dwarven craftsmen ones. :p

That's the average Stellaris AAR, really. Especially now that they've added a Pleasure Seekers trait for humanoid civilizations, alongside the Star Wars clone army and dwarven craftsmen ones. :p
Yes, it does seem that a remarkable amount of Stellaris players love to play as genocidal hellholes. Dunno why, I tend to prefer playing as explorers in a galaxy empty of other starstates.

Yes, it does seem that a remarkable amount of Stellaris players love to play as genocidal hellholes. Dunno why, I tend to prefer playing as explorers in a galaxy empty of other starstates.
I think it's because they can make everything they see in fiction series come true that basically describe genocidal empires as good things XD.

Or that they believe that it is unrealistic that space exploration developed in the style of Star Trek.

There are also people who play xenophile and they do quite well. I like the combination of being xenophile + having a strong fleet because everyone wants to be my friend.

I think it's because they can make everything they see in fiction series come true that basically describe genocidal empires as good things XD.

Or that they believe that it is unrealistic that space exploration developed in the style of Star Trek.

There are also people who play xenophile and they do quite well. I like the combination of being xenophile + having a strong fleet because everyone wants to be my friend.
Come on, haven't you ever felt the urge to make the God-Emperor proud? There's even a catchy tune you can exterminate the alien to!

Last edited:
Map of an alt-German Confederation by 1820, including just 10 bigger states:

In this case, the UK has sponsorized a big Kingdom of the Netherlands-Nassau, including not only the OTL UKoN, but also the French Flanders, all French territory east of the Meuse (excepting Alsace), the Rhine province, part of Westphalia and Nassau. The duchies of Nassau and Luxembourg retain some autonomy inside the Kingdom.

The Kingdom of Hanover is also enlarged with Brunswick, Oldenburg, Holstein, part of Westphalia and the Hanseatic cities. The duchies of Oldenburg and Brunswick retain some autonomy, as well as the Hanseatic cities.

In compensation, the Kingdom of Prussia keeps their Eastern borders of 1795 and acquires part of Saxony, the duchy of Anhalt and most of the Thuringian states,

The Austrian Empire also keeps the eastern borders of 1795, and expands its sovereignty over the Swiss cantons, Savoy, Tuscany (including Corsica), Modena, Parma and Lombardy-Venice, Dalmatia, as well as part of French Burgundy.

Hesse and Mecklenburg are unified in single Grand Duchies, while both Baden and Bavaria receive parts of Alsace, Saxony some minor Thuringian states and Württenberg the Prussian exclave of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.

So, this is both a personal project for AlternateHistory.com and Shipbucket (though I will have to consider what I will do in the Shipbucket forums) and I also have separate facts page and maps for these to countries.

So, may I present to you... San Leon and Prundia
prundia_san_leon_and_the_lesser_antilles.png

This map is only a fraction of a much larger thing.

Something about "terrifying fascist hellstate spreading its taint across the galaxy, and also it's run by a big-titted anime girl" sends a chill down my spine.
Heh that's your view. In that case you'd be horrified by most of my Stellaris empires/ideas (ahem 2nd Human Empire which did a galactic purge to avenge their xeno gods' deaths). That and it's fiction, so its not like it exists IRL. But from this reply I'd presume you'd consider the Imperium from WH40K literal hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.