Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A History of the Swedish Kings of Britain

123 by Sarthak Panta, on Flickr

"The Marriage of my sister to the King of Sweden is........troublesome." - Queen Anne of Britain

In 1710, Louisa Stuart was betrothed to King Charles XII of Sweden. An unusual acceptance by the Swedish King, but with himself in the Ottoman Empire with the Great Northern War looking lost, Charles XII was eager to secure the succession of the throne. In 1711 as a result, a perfect baby boy known as Karl to his parents was born in Constantinople to the new parents. Louisa who was eager to further the rights of her son and inadvertently, Sweden, most famously declared 'Britain is worth an Anglican Mass' and soon converted to Protestantism from her catholicism just a week after her son was born. This muddled affairs back in Great Britain. As the Swedish Couple and their new child left Constantinople under the auspices of Ahmed III back to Sweden, the British political scene was upended with the conversion of Louisa and the birth of her protestant son. In Britain, with the Spanish War of Succession winding down, the Whigs had collapsed in government and Queen Anne was allied with the Tories under Viscount Bolingbroke. Bolingbroke believed that the birth of a protestant heir so close in the line of succession was a godsend for Britain and asked Queen Anne and Parliament to intercept the Ottoman transport ships that were exiting the Mediterannean to transport the Swedish Royals to Gothenburg. The Whigs refused to allow the Act of the Settlement to be repealed or amended, and this precipitated a constitutional crisis known as the 1711-12 British Succession Crisis. The 1712 General Elections were called as a result, and the Whigs collapsed due to the succession crisis. The 1712 Amendment to the Succession formally amended the Act of the Settlement and formally designated the young Karl as heir to the British Throne.

This news broke to Karl XII when he and his family arrived in Gothenburg on May, 1712. Karl XII, was ecstatic about the chances of his son succeeding the British throne, and knew that the Hanoverians not standing to inherit would secure Swedish rule over Verden. He sent his wife, who was pregnant with his future daughter, and his son to Britain to be safeguarded against the Great Northern War's last phase. In 1713 Karl XII led the Swedish troops into battle once more, and defeated the Russians at the Battle of Vyborg and then pushed into Noteborg, or as the Russians called it - St. Petersburg. The defences of the city were light and most of the Russian troops were in occupied Livonia, and as a result, after a whirlwind assault on the city, St. Petersburg fell to the Swedes. This renewed Swedish offensive put the Russians on the backfoot, and though Karl XII was unable to advance further into Ingria, he managed to take the vital estuary of Noteborg, giving Sweden a much needed economic breather. In 1714, plans for continued war failed, when Queen Anne died. In London, Karl XII's son succeeded Anne as King Charles III of Britain, with Charles Lennox, the Duke of Richmond, and Lennox forming a regency council together with Bolingbroke. Bolingbroke, who was wary of inefficient governance in Britain with a minor at the helm, with authority from the Tory dominated Parliament created the official post of Prime Minister, which became the Head of the Government within Britain in 1714. Karl XII used the ascension of his son to the British throne to ask for British aid against the Anti-Swedish Coalition. Britain, which was tired after 14 years of war with Spain and France, disagreed and told Karl XII that no direct involvement would take place. The British did however begin to fund the Swedish campaigns, and volunteers from Britain were allowed to fight for the Swedes. The Royal Navy joined the Swedish Navy too bolstering Sweden's war effort. In 1715, the Swedish King defeated an army led by Peter I of Russia at the Second Battle of Narva and in the ensuing chaos, the Russian monarch was killed. With the Russian war effort, blunted, the Russians sued for status quo antebellum. Knowing the exhausted nature of his nation, Karl XII very reluctantly agreed, and Swedish rule over Ingria and the Baltic Provinces was restored as Russia exited the Great Northern War.

By 1720, the Poles had been defeated, and though Karl XII did not manage to put his candidate through the Polish Sejm, Poland-Lithuania was forced to cede Courland to the Swedes. In 1720, Karl XII then forced his attention to Denmark-Norway, and though he managed to occupy all the way to Christiania, during the Battle of Christiania he was killed in battle. In Stockholm, his sister Ulrika Eleonora created a regency council, and the young Karl, also known as Charles III of Britain ascended the Swedish throne as King Karl XIII of Sweden, thus starting nearly a century-long personal union between London and Stockholm. And thus, the geopolitical situation in Europe was changed forever.

EDIT: Edward VI is a typo in the wikibox

Last edited:
What is cringeworthy about it? Power-hungry politicians going for power regardless of political circumstances is a better take than a lot TLs with a CSA have.
My assumption's always been that one bureaucracy being very much like another, the skillset needed to rise to the top in OTL and any organisation in an alternate timeline will be broadly similar, so you'd see the same sort of people running the show whatever happened. One of my alternate history bugbears is the insistence that, for instance, a syndicalist USA would end up being governed by someone who in OTL ran a minuscule DSA splinter group in the 70s . The ideological flipside to this is Nazi USA timelines which have George Lincoln Rockwell (a man who in OTL managed to amass about a dozen followers in his life, one of whom later shot him) holding any power whatsoever.

Another infobox from my TL. Things really went south for the Union.
1631301852284.png

(Well I take a prolonged break from my bigger timelines, female presidents included; I thought id bring my fave book of all time to life)

The Great Martain Invasion: Part One
No one would have believed, in the last years of the
nineteenth-century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds
of space.
No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope
studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

Few men even considered The possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds
immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes,
and slowly and
surely,
First Martain Invasion.jpg

They drew their plans against us.

Last edited:
(Well I take a prolonged break from my bigger timelines, female presidents included; I thought id bring my fave book of all time to life)

The Geat Martain Invasion: Part One
No one would have believed, in the last years of the
nineteenth-century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds
of space.
No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope
studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

Few men even considered The possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds
immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes,
and slowly and
surely,
View attachment 679214

They drew their plans against us.
Interesting. Although turn on your spell check.

A History of the Swedish Kings of Britain

123 by Sarthak Panta, on Flickr

"The Marriage of my sister to the King of Sweden is........troublesome." - Queen Anne of Britain

In 1710, Louisa Stuart was betrothed to King Charles XII of Sweden. An unusual acceptance by the Swedish King, but with himself in the Ottoman Empire with the Great Northern War looking lost, Charles XII was eager to secure the succession of the throne. In 1711 as a result, a perfect baby boy known as Karl to his parents was born in Constantinople to the new parents. Louisa who was eager to further the rights of her son and inadvertently, Sweden, most famously declared 'Britain is worth an Anglican Mass' and soon converted to Protestantism from her catholicism just a week after her son was born. This muddled affairs back in Great Britain. As the Swedish Couple and their new child left Constantinople under the auspices of Ahmed III back to Sweden, the British political scene was upended with the conversion of Louisa and the birth of her protestant son. In Britain, with the Spanish War of Succession winding down, the Whigs had collapsed in government and Queen Anne was allied with the Tories under Viscount Bolingbroke. Bolingbroke believed that the birth of a protestant heir so close in the line of succession was a godsend for Britain and asked Queen Anne and Parliament to intercept the Ottoman transport ships that were exiting the Mediterannean to transport the Swedish Royals to Gothenburg. The Whigs refused to allow the Act of the Settlement to be repealed or amended, and this precipitated a constitutional crisis known as the 1711-12 British Succession Crisis. The 1712 General Elections were called as a result, and the Whigs collapsed due to the succession crisis. The 1712 Amendment to the Succession formally amended the Act of the Settlement and formally designated the young Karl as heir to the British Throne.

This news broke to Karl XII when he and his family arrived in Gothenburg on May, 1712. Karl XII, was ecstatic about the chances of his son succeeding the British throne, and knew that the Hanoverians not standing to inherit would secure Swedish rule over Verden. He sent his wife, who was pregnant with his future daughter, and his son to Britain to be safeguarded against the Great Northern War's last phase. In 1713 Karl XII led the Swedish troops into battle once more, and defeated the Russians at the Battle of Vyborg and then pushed into Noteborg, or as the Russians called it - St. Petersburg. The defences of the city were light and most of the Russian troops were in occupied Livonia, and as a result, after a whirlwind assault on the city, St. Petersburg fell to the Swedes. This renewed Swedish offensive put the Russians on the backfoot, and though Karl XII was unable to advance further into Ingria, he managed to take the vital estuary of Noteborg, giving Sweden a much needed economic breather. In 1714, plans for continued war failed, when Queen Anne died. In London, Karl XII's son succeeded Anne as King Charles III of Britain, with Charles Lennox, the Duke of Richmond, and Lennox forming a regency council together with Bolingbroke. Bolingbroke, who was wary of inefficient governance in Britain with a minor at the helm, with authority from the Tory dominated Parliament created the official post of Prime Minister, which became the Head of the Government within Britain in 1714. Karl XII used the ascension of his son to the British throne to ask for British aid against the Anti-Swedish Coalition. Britain, which was tired after 14 years of war with Spain and France, disagreed and told Karl XII that no direct involvement would take place. The British did however begin to fund the Swedish campaigns, and volunteers from Britain were allowed to fight for the Swedes. The Royal Navy joined the Swedish Navy too bolstering Sweden's war effort. In 1715, the Swedish King defeated an army led by Peter I of Russia at the Second Battle of Narva and in the ensuing chaos, the Russian monarch was killed. With the Russian war effort, blunted, the Russians sued for status quo antebellum. Knowing the exhausted nature of his nation, Karl XII very reluctantly agreed, and Swedish rule over Ingria and the Baltic Provinces was restored as Russia exited the Great Northern War.

By 1720, the Poles had been defeated, and though Karl XII did not manage to put his candidate through the Polish Sejm, Poland-Lithuania was forced to cede Courland to the Swedes. In 1720, Karl XII then forced his attention to Denmark-Norway, and though he managed to occupy all the way to Christiania, during the Battle of Christiania he was killed in battle. In Stockholm, his sister Ulrika Eleonora created a regency council, and the young Karl, also known as Charles III of Britain ascended the Swedish throne as King Karl XIII of Sweden, thus starting nearly a century-long personal union between London and Stockholm. And thus, the geopolitical situation in Europe was changed forever.

EDIT: Edward VI is a typo in the wikibox
Continuing From here:-
ListofMonarchs[1] by Sarthak Panta, on Flickr

ListofMonarchs[2] by Sarthak Panta, on Flickr

The Great Martain Invasion: Part Two
Working Had fallen but not all hope was lost
Weybridge stood ready to be defended

Yet One after the other, four of the fighting machines appeared.
Monstrous tripods, higher than the tallest steeple, striding over pine trees and smashing them. Walking engines of glistening metal.
The Battle of Weybridge.jpg
The heat ray sent them to oblivion

Althistory - Dick Clair in the 21st Century.png

Dick Clair (November 12, 1931 – December 12, 1988, revived February 19, 2056) is an American television producer, actor and television and film writer, best known for the television sitcoms It's a Living, The Facts of Life, The New Facts of Life and Unfrozen. He is also the first person to be successfully reanimated following cryopreservation.

--

Yeah this one's pretty silly. Fell down a wiki rabbit hole regarding cryonics and tried to look for famous frozen people to revive in THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!!1!. It was either this guy or Ted Williams, but his wikibox template is harder to edit so here's a sitcom writer awoken in the future I guess.

Last edited:
Seth MacFarlane and Mark Wahlberg make it to American Airlines Flight 11 20 year ago.

Seth MacFarline nine-eleven.png
Mark Wahlberg nine-eleven.png

It's common knowledge that Seth MacFarlane, that creator of Family Guy, was originally going to be on American Airlines Flight 11, but he got drunk the night before, overslept and with an wrong departure time (8:15 a.m. instead of 7:45 a.m.) from his travel agent, he ended up arriving at Logan International Airport in Boston about ten minutes too late to board the flight, as the gates had already closed for takeoff.

However, something I just recently found out that actor Mark Wahlberg was also originally going to be on Flight 11, too. However, he ended up cancelling his ticket the day before due to schedule changes.

Was Imagining the exact same thing. She's not going to like the ever-changing world. Since Betty Frieda was the other direction (a strong supporter of the proposed Equal Rights Amendment) it's likely been ratified here and her time in office is spent trying to go back to total female control. But it's the 70s now and men are making their way into the workplace even though they face very very hostile situations in some cases. As of now, it's legal for women to fire men based on gender.
What lead to Nancy Kulp being impeached?

What lead to Nancy Kulp being impeached?
Since all I decided to do was shift the focus onto women. I imagine a form of Watergate Scandle like OTL.
If you wanted to be more original about it. I would imagine she partook in an action against male protesters wanting more rights which led to death. Something akin to media man these days with less social media to do so.

0LgXR5Kq_o.png

Did you know that René Auberjonois is a great-great-great-grandson of Joachim Murat and Caroline Bonaparte (and thus also great-great-great-grandnephew of Napoleon)? Well, I didn't! I felt a need to Do Something with that knowledge, so I dug up some old, abandoned idea and threw him in as the model. Looks pretty emperorly to me!

However, something I just recently found out that actor Mark Wahlberg was also originally going to be on Flight 11, too. However, he ended up cancelling his ticket the day before due to schedule changes.
He was an arrogant dick about the whole thing. Bragged that nobody would've died had he gotten on that plane.

He was an arrogant dick about the whole thing. Bragged that nobody would've died had he gotten on that plane.
Yeah, I know. If Mr. Wahlberg tried to fight the terrorists, he probably would've ended up getting seriously injured or killed (possibly becoming one of the first fatalities on 9/11), given in mind that the terrorist had knifes and boxcutters on them as weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.