Albion Rising: A Henry Frederick Timeline

Is the half blue one actually more expensive though and longer to make?
Darker colours usually just meant a second or more dyings.
So is the time and money spent on extra dying and sewing the blues together more than that spent on indigo paint and painting?
Seems you're right.

Seems you're right.
I'm actually unsure 😁
If the techniques of variable dying exist and are reliable at this time then I'd suggest the half blue would work out cheaper as you just need a single sheet with one half dyed darker.
This would also have a knock on with clothing as the "failures" would end up at tailors and could spawn a new fashion.

VVD0D95

Banned
I'm actually unsure 😁
If the techniques of variable dying exist and are reliable at this time then I'd suggest the half blue would work out cheaper as you just need a single sheet with one half dyed darker.
This would also have a knock on with clothing as the "failures" would end up at tailors and could spawn a new fashion.
That does soud pretty cool tbf.

VVD0D95

Banned
okay, stalker
Lol, good politics is basically stalking :p
According to Ruth Goodman, yes. Though Duke of Somerset is going to become really rich if he owns a bulk of his property in County of Somerset since it was the center of woad cultivation in England.
Hmm, interesting, then in that case I think we've got a winner. And lol, he really is about become very rich.

One side effect would be lifting a ban on imports of Indian indigo, as both woad and indigo are going to face increased demand. Though Duke of Somerset would like to keep a ban, of course.

VVD0D95

Banned
One side effect would be lifting a ban on imports of Indian indigo, as both woad and indigo are going to face increased demand. Though Duke of Somerset would like to keep a ban, of course.
Indeed this is very true, and those imports coming in is going to be a huge benefit to the Indian Emperor

Indeed this is very true, and those imports coming in is going to be a huge benefit to the Indian Emperor
Not that game-changing, but England lifting their ban while it is enforced by Germany and France (indigo import ban to protect Languedoc woad producers was somewhat personal for Henri IV) is definetely going to generate a stream of revenue.

VVD0D95

Banned
Not that game-changing, but England lifting their ban while it is enforced by Germany and France (indigo import ban to protect Languedoc woad producers was somewhat personal for Henri IV) is definetely going to generate a stream of revenue.
I deed indeed

Nice that Gustavus got to marry whom he wanted, that seems rare for Kings at this time who seems to marry for advantage not love. Hope it lasts a long time and is fruitful.

"United Kingdom of the British Isles" - good name I like that. Plus British Isles might not just mean the ones off Europe, but anywhere the flag flies...

“The United Kingdom will have one Parliament based in Westminster” - I know it was unlikely but a Parliament closer to the centre would have been nice. London is a long way from Dublin and Edinburgh, let alone the Highlands or the W coast of Ireland.

240 Votes to 10? That is a comprehensive Victory for the King and Henry there. And so ended the xxx years of an independent Scotland and its Parliament. A Mr. Wallace is rotating somewhere.

I like Chief Aonghus - hope he gets to meet Henry, that would be interesting.

From the thread: What would the UK flag look like if it represented its constituent nations proportionally?

n1ii9ebxkoa61.png

Alternatively from: UK flag if a United Ireland joined the UK. Also including Wales.

hhfwfmr2kyn51.jpg

I do kinda like this one from: http://samsflags.blogspot.com/2014/04/national-flag-of-united-kingdom.html

welshuk.png

We're considering the ability of the thing to be produced using 17th century tech, not 21th century Photoshop&print. None pass the test. And all stroke Welsh ego too much for a nation that is incorporated into England legally for a century already.

I am fairly sure any of these could be made with the tech of the time.

Mass production would be slow, but it can be done. Never underestimate the skills of the dyer and sewers.

Last edited:

VVD0D95

Banned
Nice that Gustavus got to marry whom he wanted, that seems rare for Kings at this time who seems to marry for advantage not love. Hope it lasts a long time and is fruitful.

"United Kingdom of the British Isles" - good name I like that. Plus British Isles might not just mean the ones off Europe, but anywhere the flag flies...

“The United Kingdom will have one Parliament based in Westminster” - I know it was unlikely but a Parliament closer to the centre would have been nice. London is a long way from Dublin and Edinburgh, let alone the Highlands or the W coast of Ireland.

240 Votes to 10? That is a comprehensive Victory for the King and Henry there. And so ended the xxx years of an independent Scotland and its Parliament. A Mr. Wallace is rotating somewhere.

I like Chief Aonghus - hope he gets to meet Henry, that would be interesting.

From the thread: What would the UK flag look like if it represented its constituent nations proportionally?

n1ii9ebxkoa61.png

Alternatively from: UK flag if a United Ireland joined the UK. Also including Wales.

hhfwfmr2kyn51.jpg

I do kinda like this one from: http://samsflags.blogspot.com/2014/04/national-flag-of-united-kingdom.html

welshuk.png
Aye, Gustavus and Ebba's marriage will be a colourful one tha'ts for sure.

And indeed, I think London's a bit too entrenched now for it to be anywhere else.

Oh indeed, though small consolation in that his old friend James's descendant sits the throne in London.

I am fairly sure any of these could be made with the tech of the time.

Mass production would be slow, but it can be none. Never underestimate the skills of the dyer and sewers.
The flags do look quite good, though I do think given Wales was considered part of England, there's perhaps a bit too much representation of it in the flags aha.Though I do find the flag with the dragon and harp pretty cool.