Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSX_20210908_150610.jpg

Much like I feel that if Reagan beat Ford in the 1976 republician primary Carter would still win
I believe that if Ted Kennedy beat Carter in the 1980 Democratic primary Reagan would still have became President

Courtesy of u/WeirdSymmetry from Reddit: What if the Twin Towers did not collapse on 9/11?

This is admittedly a very unrealistic scenario. The towers must have suffered only a glancing hit for there to be even the slightest chance of survival; the direct hits of OTL basically doomed them right away.

And even if they survived, the extreme damage would have meant eventual demolition within a year or two; there's really no reason to leave such an enormous safety hazard standing after two decades. Not to mention that the derelict towers would have been a depressing scar on the NYC skyline, scaring away locals, tourists and corporate tenants alike.

But damn, the imagery of the World Trade Center - scarred, yet unbroken - still towering over Manhattan after all those years is incredible.

eqau3ig2eel71.png
also there is a alternate history scenario in althistory wikia where World Trade Center survived 9/11 attack and didn't collapse, instead it was recontructed stronger than ever before.

also there is a alternate history scenario in althistory wikia where World Trade Center survived 9/11 attack and didn't collapse, instead it was reconstructed stronger than ever before.

I just read that article on the Alternate History Wiki @Gigachad3k , and it weirded me out. It looks like it was written by a 9/11 Truther who thinks Bush did 9/11 by hiring Osama Bin Landen to do the attacks.

It also states that 3,000 people still died even though the Twin Towers remained standing in that scenario.

Last edited:
Youtuber_Bill.png

William Jefferson Blythe III (born August 19, 1946) is an American YouTuber primarily known for his Variety YouTube Channel, Bill Blythe's Life & his motivational speaking. Before his YouTube Channel, he was most known as the Husband of Actress Carrie Fisher.

(I honestly cannot justify why this exists, other than I have went insane trying to think of 'funny' non-music related Used Car Salesman fates for Clinton. Forgive Me)

After the End 1: Jake Sisko
president O'Brien.png

Miles Edward O'Brien was a human politician and Starfleet non-commissioned officer who rose to prominence after the First Great War. Impressed by his leadership and out-of-the-box thinking in repairing the devastation wrought by the Dominion during the occupation of Earth Edward Jellicoe appointed O'Brien to head the newly created Department of Public Engineering. O'Brien's masterful handling of Federation reconstruction was dubbed by the Federation press as the "Miracle on the Orion". When Edward Jellicoe announced his retirement and the transition of the Federation back to civilian rule few—including O'Brien himself—thought he was in the running to be Jellicoe's replacement. However he quickly emerged among as a compromise candidate as O'Brien did not belong to any particular wing of the New Essentialists as well party elites hoped that elevating O'Brien would signal to the Federation populace that they were still dedicated to rebuilding.

Nevertheless O'Brien was a strange choice to head state and party as O'Brien did not engage in party politics nor in ideological debates. When Pascal Fullerton sent over a pre-published copy of What is to be done?—which would serve as the official manifesto for the reconstituted Federation—O'Brien sent the book back after a week, unread and unopened with the note that simply read "Sufficient". Despite his uninterest in party politics O'Brien did agree with the major planks of the post war New Essentialist movement. In addition to selecting a new leader the 2nd New Essentialist Party Congress also drafted a new constitution that turned the Federation into a one party dictatorship. The President was granted plenary powers to rule by decree, Starfleet was militarized and explicitly designated as an institution with defense as it's primary purpose, Starfleet Security was detached from Starfleet proper and merged with Section 31 to form the Ministry of Public Safety, mandatory national service, legalization of genetic enhancement, along with numerous sweeping changes.

With the stage set, O'Brien, or Chief was he quickly dubbed, set about leading the Federation into the 25th century and beyond...

Last edited:

K.2

Banned
I have to honest.

This seems be less a vision of a syndicalist America and more of a lazy 'take that' using randomly selected bastards. I like your TL but this is just cringeworthy.
I don’t really see how this is cringeworthy or even particularly wild in comparison to the stuff brewing in Northwest Montana in the main focus of the timeline. And if it was truly ‘random’, with the exception of Glenn and maybe Duke, these are some strange analogues to pick at a whim

Last edited:

K.2

Banned
And that’s not even counting the fact that beyond ongoing conflicts and Northwest Montana-stuff, we don’t have much context on what’s going on in the CSA, which the update with the wikibox will presumably fill us in on. So don’t jump to fire off rn, okay?

I have to honest.

This seems be less a vision of a syndicalist America and more of a lazy 'take that' using randomly selected bastards. I like your TL but this is just cringeworthy.
What is cringeworthy about it? Power-hungry politicians going for power regardless of political circumstances is a better take than a lot TLs with a CSA have.

Status
Not open for further replies.