WIP Map Thread

Managed to bash out Brazil in an hour or two. And now I hate Brazil. Or at least whoever decided to put the native reservations on top of the administrative subregions.
1629540974218.png

Anyway, looking for criticism. Do I need more provinces?

A bit hard to see sincethe image is a bit blurry but amazing just like the last one (where do you plan to post the finished work?)

So mordor is located around where Wyl is on ASOIAF Canon? Can't say it doesn't fit
Ah, apologies on the low resolution. My PC was not pleased at any attempts to capture a decent quality screenshot of the WIP. I'm likely to post the final piece on the Map Thread here once I wrap it up.

Mordor is actually located in the Vales of Arryn, aha. Northern Dorne has instead an extension of the Arbor Wilds (Wyl, Yronwood, Kingsgrave). The climates and landscapes of each location are going to change dramatically in some cases, with the Reach and Orlais being tropical/subtropical. The Vales of Arryn/Mordor will be fertile around the main Vale (aka Nurn), but desolate elsewhere due to climate and also the effects of Blight.

Oh my goodness, if I were to imagine some destabalizing factor like the Breach happening in this world, it'd be... Taiping Rebellions levels of a civil war. Love it!
Oh absolutely. While I sincerely doubt even dragons can hold an entire continent together, should the Iron Throne exist, a single disaster can very easily set all the countries splintering into its parts. The Breach might be overkill when something like Kirkwall Uprising would suffice in creating a continent-wide war lmao

I'm not even sure what I'm doing. Scandinavian Angland-Skotland-Throndlow, giant Moravian Empire, European paganism still a force to be reckoned with, Christianity splintered and disunified and restricted to western Europe and North Africa, Germanic Rom, and eventually a Kurdish state stretching from the Balkans to western Persia, and Anglish Siberia. I'm imagining a Turko-Mongol Ukraine as well.

1629608487711.png

EnhancedWorldA - Old NA.png

I've got three things to say about this WiP.

1) My SVG map of Switzerland is on ice. The faulty basemap took the wind for that project out of me, sadly, but maybe I will incoporate the basic idea of it into this map. So Switzerland as it is on this WiP is only provisional in nature.

2) This scenario is largely based on the desire to create a world which creates a plausible Brit-screw with a POD some time around 1830, cutting the Imperial Century short. India is where this should be the most obvious and I spent a lot of time trying to come up with plausible-looking British successor states there... Before settling on a surviving British Raj in the Madras Presidency.

3) Africa is causing me the most problems. With Britain weakend, Portugal and France seem like the likeliest nations to capitalize on that, but the matters of the Congo and modern South Sudan are causing me the most headache. I do have a few notes about the Americas, by the way, but I'm not sharing them here. They aren't that interesting and I'll see if I come up with something cool for that region. Also speaking of Africa, Austrian Ivory Coast, German Togo and German Kamerun are currently not quite set in stone, but are likely to remain like this.

2) This scenario is largely based on the desire to create a world which creates a plausible Brit-screw with a POD some time around 1830, cutting the Imperial Century short. India is where this should be the most obvious and I spent a lot of time trying to come up with plausible-looking British successor states there... Before settling on a surviving British Raj in the Madras Presidency.
May i make a suggestion? You could have a surviving Sikh Empire that includes the territories of OTL Pakistan including Rajasthan, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and several vassalized states in Pashtunistan, while Russia and Iran take the remainder of what would have become Afghanistan.

You could also have Portugal control a larger Angola that includes the lower Congo up to the Kasai river (which partly forms the OTL Congo-Angola boundary already).

A map of a planned ISOT scenario I'm making, called 195 Geneses.​
1630040827354.png

All 193 UN member states (and 2 observer states) are ISOTed from the date they:
  • adopted their most recent form of government, or
  • became independent from another nation, whichever is more recent.
The disputes between the modern-day borders are also copied, which is why the Falkland Islands would now be disputed between 1921!UK and 1983!Argentina. I am currently up to Djibouti, and going by alphabetical order.

Furthest back is 1278 Andorra, so this will be fun.

Edit: It won't be 1278 Andorra, as it was annexed by the French in 1812 during the Napoleonic Wars, and briefly occupied after unrest in 1933.

Last edited:
1630040827354.png

The disputes between the modern-day borders are also copied, which is why the Falkland Islands would now be disputed between 1921!UK and 1983!Argentina. I am currently up to Djibouti, and going by alphabetical order.

How would that work for 1958 France ?
Since they still hold the entirety of the French colonial holdings, with the exception of Morocco and Tunisia.

Since they still hold the entirety of the French colonial holdings, with the exception of Morocco and Tunisia.
As said by the OP,
Since the independence of former French West Africa and Algeria is more recent than the 1958 republic, they take precedence over 1958 France.

1630040827354.png

When would San Marino be from?

I forgot to mention something: the countries are transported from within their modern borders.

France's colonies are gone, except for what they now have today. This also means other countries occupying modern French territory get carried along (hence why the British and American occupations of the Faroe Islands and Greenland, respectively, are featured in Denmark's territory).

But occupation does not mean end of independence. San Marino was not annexed by Germany and Italy.
I'm only counting cases where the occupying country completely topples the previous government. Might a more accurate example be the Allied occupation for 2 months after the Battle of San Marino?

1630706216273.png

Now, I could have wrapped up this crossover map a while back... I have no one to blame on this addition but myself ahaha~

The Witcher Continent has been added atop the Westerlands, the Reach, and Dorne! Still need to sketch out the new height maps for the redesigned areas, but the remainder of the map (the North/Arda, the East/Thedas) are more or less complete in regards to topology. I have to figure out how to deal with how to depict biomes, not to mention political borders, locations, roads...

Any thoughts? I must admit I am the least familiar with the Continent in comparison to the other mashed worlds in this piece.